Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele 2013/14 Freshers!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by LightYagami
Nice, whereabouts in Oaks :smile:

Ermm it said OA A :confused:, Where are you staying?
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Original post by benallen
Aw crap! :frown:

I'm in Z :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The rooms might be a bit smaller, but you'll be sharing with a lot less people to your kitchen/bathroom so at least you can guarantee it'll be clean at the weekend when the cleaners aren't around. I remember I avoided my kitchen like the plague on a Sunday, I couldn't even bring myself to put my shoes on the filthy floor!

Also, tip about hawthorns restaurant - they do a discounted carvery on a Sunday with your keele card. Think it was about £3, and you can have as much veg as you want. Roast potatoes are the best hangover cure, and cauliflower cheese is to die for!
Reply 302
Original post by Daisia
Firmed for sociology :biggrin:

me 2!
Original post by Daisia
Do you know if Horwood's similar? I'm there but never got to see it!

Horwood is similar in style, but as for room size, it'll be hit and miss. Z-sheds are pretty small, had some friends in other blocks though, and their rooms were decent sized.

Horwood is the one to be in as a fresher though, you are pretty much in the middle of campus, and right by the SU :smile:
Reply 304
Hello fellow Freshers! :smile:
I'm trying to do the pre-enrolment, but I'm not sure what accommodation type to put down... Do halls of residence class as 'institution maintained property'?? I have no idea what else to put! :/
Reply 305
Original post by sumerest
me 2!

Are you doing single honours? :smile:

Original post by GeorgieGee
Horwood is similar in style, but as for room size, it'll be hit and miss. Z-sheds are pretty small, had some friends in other blocks though, and their rooms were decent sized.

Horwood is the one to be in as a fresher though, you are pretty much in the middle of campus, and right by the SU :smile:

Ah cool, I was just getting a bit suspicious as I can't find any photos of what it looks like inside anywhere! :tongue:
Reply 306
Is anyyy one else in Holly Cross?!!
Haha feels like I'm gona be the only one staying there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a question about picking modules, if anyone can help me out. I'm doing a dual honours in english and history, and do not like the elective options for history for semester 2, but like more than one for semester one, so would I be able to do two history electives in semester one and then two english in semester 2 to avoid having to pick an elective for history semester 2 and just do only the core for that semester?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 308
Original post by vickycumbo
I have a question about picking modules, if anyone can help me out. I'm doing a dual honours in english and history, and do not like the elective options for history for semester 2, but like more than one for semester one, so would I be able to do two history electives in semester one and then two english in semester 2 to avoid having to pick an elective for history semester 2 and just do only the core for that semester?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im a bit confused about modules too. I think you can do two history elective (im guessing you mean the core modules, because im taking history too and the core ones for semester 2 are pretty bad). From what the website says, i think as long as its balanced its fine. Do you know how many non core electives we have to choose?
Reply 309
Original post by tmmd
Im a bit confused about modules too. I think you can do two history elective (im guessing you mean the core modules, because im taking history too and the core ones for semester 2 are pretty bad). From what the website says, i think as long as its balanced its fine. Do you know how many non core electives we have to choose?

So you have to take two modules from each of your chosen courses? E.g. History and English? So you'd choose two non-compulsory modules from both Hist and English?

MY HEAD!!!!

Anyway, there's some discussion on the Keele Freshers page as well on Facebook if you guys wanna have a looksie.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 310
Original post by al0
So you have to take two modules from each of your chosen courses? E.g. History and English? So you'd choose two non-compulsory modules from both Hist and English?

MY HEAD!!!!

Anyway, there's some discussion on the Keele Freshers page as well on Facebook if you guys wanna have a looksie.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im not sure about the electives (thats the bit thats confusing me) but for the core subjects i think you have 2 core modules per semester (1 from each subject), so for me it will be one history and one international relations core. For my course 3 of the core modules are set, but for history on semester 2 there is a choice between 2 core modules. Im not sure if that makes sense i hardly get it myself.:s-smilie:
Reply 311
Original post by tmmd
Im not sure about the electives (thats the bit thats confusing me) but for the core subjects i think you have 2 core modules per semester (1 from each subject), so for me it will be one history and one international relations core. For my course 3 of the core modules are set, but for history on semester 2 there is a choice between 2 core modules. Im not sure if that makes sense i hardly get it myself.:s-smilie:

Where do you even do it? Is it via Blackboard?
Reply 312
Original post by al0
Where do you even do it? Is it via Blackboard?

I think its on evision after you pre-enroll, but i havent done that yet so im not sure.
You can see your modules/ elective choices before though on here: http://www.keele.ac.uk/electives/modules/modulesl1-l1/
Reply 313
Original post by GeorgieGee
The rooms might be a bit smaller, but you'll be sharing with a lot less people to your kitchen/bathroom so at least you can guarantee it'll be clean at the weekend when the cleaners aren't around. I remember I avoided my kitchen like the plague on a Sunday, I couldn't even bring myself to put my shoes on the filthy floor!

Also, tip about hawthorns restaurant - they do a discounted carvery on a Sunday with your keele card. Think it was about £3, and you can have as much veg as you want. Roast potatoes are the best hangover cure, and cauliflower cheese is to die for!

Aw brilliant! Cheers :smile: will def be taking advantage of that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sammz_94
ermm it said oa a :confused:, where are you staying?

oa a 218
Does anyone know if there are certain degrees you can't take electives, because the website says I'm not required to choose any because I'm doing Maths and Physics but I wanna do Japanese :frown: haha
Reply 316
oa a 218

Oh that's fantastic! I'm in 219 so I'll defo be seeing you around. :smile:
Do you know anyone else coming to Keele & is staying at The Oaks?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 317
Does anyone know if there are certain degrees you can't take electives, because the website says I'm not required to choose any because I'm doing Maths and Physics but I wanna do Japanese :frown: haha

You can still take them anyway. I am. :smile:
Reply 318
Original post by Daisia
Are you doing single honours? :smile:

Ah cool, I was just getting a bit suspicious as I can't find any photos of what it looks like inside anywhere! :tongue:

I am going for sociology with media. How about you?
Reply 319

A fan of Death Note? I happened to cosplayed Light Yagami last Halloween~

Quick Reply

Latest