The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys, I hope everyone got what they wanted today, I was more than pleased with my results!
I'm currently stuck with a dilemma on my A-Level choices! I enrol at my sixth form tomorrow aswell so it's a little late to be choosing :s-smilie:

First of all I know that I am taking Maths, Chemistry and Geography. None of those will change but I'm stuck on the last a level, it's between physics and photography...
Most people will read that and assume 'physics' yes it goes great with the others but I feel all these subject with combine additional pressure, which is why I'm considering photography as it is a hobby of mine and I've recently gotten a new SLR camera, also it means it's a little easier so I can concentrate on the other three.
Thoughts???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 3mma_gal96
Is everyone happy with their results?:smile: I'm surprised at mine to be fair!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I've done really well since my school is extremely **** 4A*s, 3As, 3Bs and a Certificate is really good :smile: the A's were really high As in Science, additional science and English I can't do nothing about

I gave it my all, did the best I could and I'm happy! :awesome:

At least in a-level, I know to not underestimate a single thing

Now I'm ready :cool:

That's my way of saying yeah I'm happy :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8002
Anything few marks to the next boundary is worth a remark
Anyone else who did OCR Philosophy and Ethics get a low mark on one of their ethics papers? I think it was the religion poverty and wealth one because i got full marks in both my philosophy papers, 40/50 in one ethics then 34/50 in the religion poverty and wealth one giving me overall an A :frown: . The overall was 174/200 does anyone know the grade boundary? Do you think it's worth getting the low one remarked to try and get an A*? Any replies would be appreciated :smile:
Reply 8004
Original post by yousuf5465
5A*s, 5As and 1B!!! Veryyyy Happpy. Teacher predicted a C for eng lit and got an A overall :wink: 1 ums away from an A* in chem! HOpe everyone got what they wanted!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really well done :smile:
Reply 8005
Original post by Leechayy
I think I've done really well since my school is extremely **** 4A*s, 3As, 3Bs and a Certificate is really good :smile: the A's were really high As in Science, additional science and English I can't do nothing about

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats, keep up the hard work for AS level :smile:
I'm so surprised with my results!!!

I was predicted 2A*, 8A and a B but I honestly thought all summer that I was going to get mostly B's and a few As...

Turns out I got 5A*, 5A and 1B! I know it might seem contradictory but a bit disappointed with the B as it came in Chemistry which I thought I had done relatively well in-at least in comparison to other subjects.
Reply 8007
Original post by Heytherehello
Can i ask? Is: A* Eng lit, A* french, A Maths, A History, A Philosophy, A Biology, A Latin, B Physics, B Eng Lang good? So overall 2A*s, 5As and 2Bs (Including 4 igcse's)
Is that a good set of results because i feel quite
disappointed :frown:

Don't be disappointed at all, those are good results. Certainly above national average :smile:
Hi, I'm still stuck on what to pick for college. I know that I definitely want to do maths and English combined but not sure about the other two I was thinking maybe geography and French or geography and dance. After college I'm hoping to be able to get into uni and possibly study maths and finance so do you think if I take dance it may lower my chances of getting in?
Original post by Danielle.K
Hi, I'm still stuck on what to pick for college. I know that I definitely want to do maths and English combined but not sure about the other two I was thinking maybe geography and French or geography and dance. After college I'm hoping to be able to get into uni and possibly study maths and finance so do you think if I take dance it may lower my chances of getting in?

If you have Maths and English Literature then Dance would be fine as a fourth. If you want to study Maths, consider Physics or Further Maths as a third option.
Original post by BC95
Don't be disappointed at all, those are good results. Certainly above national average :smile:

Are they good enough for UCL or Kings College London to study history or philosophy?
Original post by Leechayy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw well done, that's awesome!! I know how you feel because our school has a 48% pass rate :s
But our year did well overall despite the news saying earlier people had done worse.
I had 7A*s 3As and 2B's (although the one b was in applied business and no-one got higher than a B and my teacher is confused :'()
Anyway, well done again :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aasvogel
Yep, long story! It's true! A few fellas were a bit surprised!

Yeah he's bald, and I know he was sick this year? Haha, well it's a buzzer quiz with teams of 4, and there's the NI finals and you then progress to the UK finals - we've beaten Loreto for the last 3 years. :biggrin:
And yeah, the Abbey is an all boys' school.

Mr Rice's first name is Simon? Hmm... Learn something new everyday....just didn't expect to learn that. :/ yeah he was very sick, he was off for ages and the sub for him was apparently terrible so he came back a few days to help his GCSE students to make sure they didn't fail, it was so nice! He's in remission so I think he comes back properly this year. Yea I think I know one girl on our team, she's a child prodigy...like you :wink: but I'm not surprised you beat us to be honest! Lol! Yea I'd be terrible at that type of thing, I'd be awful with that pressure! Is it just random questions about anything? An all boys school......hmmmm, what's that like?
I was wondering for remarks, if your grade goes down from your initial, do they keep the better grade?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8014
Original post by muhammedk
I was wondering for remarks, if your grade goes down from your initial, do they keep the better grade?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No:redface: you keep the most recent grade, I.e. Your remark grade

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8015

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, you get the remark grade
Reply 8016
Did anyone else notice this.. I got lower in the subjects I thought I had done well on and surprisingly higher in the subjects which I wasn't at all.confident in.. Still baffles me how it happened:ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8017
Original post by Heytherehello
Are they good enough for UCL or Kings College London to study history or philosophy?

Yes. (Need I say any more :smile: )
I got
Further Maths A**
Maths A*
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
Geography A*
French A
RE Short Course A
English Lit A
English Lang B
IT Distinction

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately no, thus if your grade is on the lower side of that grade, you shouldn't risk it because you could go down a grade!

Latest