The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Can anyone help me? I did edexcel maths and I got an A but it doesn't saw how many UMS/ raw marks I got, just over all points which is 52? What does that even mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8021
Original post by Audi
I got
5 a*
6 A
Is it worth getting a remark on rs as I was 1 UMS off an a*?

Well if you feel like it would add to your satisfaction then go for it:smile: Rs is an essay based exam so there is a possibility you could pick up those extra marks!
Original post by sr234
Did anyone else notice this.. I got lower in the subjects I thought I had done well on and surprisingly higher in the subjects which I wasn't at all.confident in.. Still baffles me how it happened:ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did too! The subjects i thought i was going to get A* in i got A and then i got an A in some i thought i was only going to get a B! Maths for instance, i have never in my life got higher than a low B in maths(I got an E in my maths common entrance!) And then i ended up with an A!! It flummoxes me too!
Original post by ChronicBoredom
Can anyone help me? I did edexcel maths and I got an A but it doesn't saw how many UMS/ raw marks I got, just over all points which is 52? What does that even mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edexcel Maths isn't modular, so they don't show each individual paper and there is no UMS. 52 is the number of points for the A grade received.
Oh, and does anyone know the UMS grade boundaries in total for French? Like 250/300 for a B, 260/300 for an A etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by H0PEL3SS
Edexcel Maths isn't modular, so they don't show each individual paper and there is no UMS. 52 is the number of points for the A grade received.

Huh? So I won't know the actual mark I got?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey if anyone could share their options on this then it would be very much appreciated.
Basically I was 1 UMS of getting an A in citizenship and it was my only B grade. (I got 9A*s, 3As, 1B) So I was just wondering is it worth getting it remarked just for that A? Also it's somewhat of a subjective subject so do you think that I may get that A?

Thanks in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. I also took the same exam, and I don't know either, and I would have liked to know...
And to answer your other post, if it's AQA French, then 270 is an A*, 240 is an A etc..
Original post by theJdog
I think my mum feels really bad about my grades :frown: She said that two months of revision wasn't enough and I should have done more.

I'm sure you won't of done that bad.Just think once we all get to A level these GCSE will be like our sats.
Reply 8029

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can find out what marks you got from your teacher, my teacher was telling people how far away they was from higher grades
Can i ask? Is: A* Eng lit, A* french, A Maths, A History, A Philosophy, A Biology, A Latin, B Physics, B Eng Lang good? So overall 2A*s, 5As and 2Bs (Including 4 igcse's)
Is that a good set of results because i feel quite
disappointed
Original post by Heytherehello
Can i ask? Is: A* Eng lit, A* french, A Maths, A History, A Philosophy, A Biology, A Latin, B Physics, B Eng Lang good? So overall 2A*s, 5As and 2Bs (Including 4 igcse's)
disappointed

I wouldn't say it's dissapointing but I know the feeling you have. I got 3A's 5B's and 3C's and although it sounds good I have the feeling I could have done better which I think is what you're experiencing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8032
I did too! The subjects i thought i was going to get A* in i got A and then i got an A in some i thought i was only going to get a B! Maths for instance, i have never in my life got higher than a low B in maths(I got an E in my maths common entrance!) And then i ended up with an A!! It flummoxes me too!

I know, i thought i had an A* in chemistry- i got an A and in Business i was pretty certain i'd probably got A B- got an A* ! I was like:curious: have i got the wrong results sheet?
Haha ,bet you were chuffed!:biggrin:
i really do praise everyone for results.... i'm not fishing for compliments..but do I sound ungrateful for not being happy for 6A*s and 4A's... especially when my sisters have a record of maintaining straight A*s....yet again i'd like to say that although i'm very appreciative.. i wish i paid more attention in those particular subjects especially ENGLISH
Looool my college tutors name is modu miah >.<
Reply 8035
disappointed

those are great! dont be put off by the tsr trolls who make accounts and claim they've got 12 A*s and stuff, you did great :biggrin:
Reply 8036
I got 10A* and 1A (Eng. Lang), GOT FULL MARKS IN ENG. LIT! :biggrin: (I thought I was going to get a B!)
I was four marks off an A* overall, and I am going to put it in for a remark.
What are my chances of getting an A*?
the paper is out of 80.
Thanks everyone
Reply 8037
If I wait until September 4th to speak to my school about getting an exam remarked does that give me long enough to sort it out? ( I really want to get it remarked so I don't want to miss the deadline) (Ones on AQA ones on OCR)

Also could someone tell me how I go about getting exams remarked?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8038
Original post by BuddingAchiever
i really do praise everyone for results.... i'm not fishing for compliments..but do I sound ungrateful for not being happy for 6A*s and 4A's... especially when my sisters have a record of maintaining straight A*s....yet again i'd like to say that although i'm very appreciative.. i wish i paid more attention in those particular subjects especially ENGLISH

Don't compare with your siblings, all that matters is that you have amazing grades that will allow you to meet most-if not all entry requirements for the college/uni you want to attend! Don't be disheartened, your results are amazing!:smile:
Original post by sr234
I know, i thought i had an A* in chemistry- i got an A and in Business i was pretty certain i'd probably got A B- got an A* ! I was like:curious: have i got the wrong results sheet?
Haha ,bet you were chuffed!:biggrin:

Haha, i bet you were too! Also, in english lit, i had never actually written an essay for one of my books in exam conditions before (also i did igcse so we weren't allowed any of our books in the exam) and i was like oh **** i'm going to fail and i got an A*. Similarly, the day after my french listening and reading i was sobbing to my mother saying i'd failed french. Turned out i got full UMS marks in the listening, reading and speaking then got 83/90 on the writing and got almost full marks overall! The exam boards be cray cray!! haha

Latest