The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Used to play loads of basketball back in school, but outside of school there was nowhere to play it and not many people to play it with, so I haven't properly been able to do it for about 4 years!
Are Sky covering the games this season?
Original post by S-man10
Rondo problem child tbh

Just terrible journalism tbh - too many 'unnamed sources' saying the C's need a mentor for Rondo
AI going to officially retire :sad:

Probably did 3 years ago but now going to announce it.
[video="youtube;0gWxHFMog9w"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gWxHFMog9w#t=202[/video]

So true :laugh:
Reply 325
Original post by Malevolent
AI going to officially retire :sad:

Probably did 3 years ago but now going to announce it.

AI ruined PGs tbh
Original post by S-man10
AI ruined PGs tbh

I loved AI haha, his practice rant was absolutely unbelievable. Off the court he was a douche but on the court he left it all on there.
Reply 327
I loved AI haha, his practice rant was absolutely unbelievable. Off the court he was a douche but on the court he left it all on there.

He was good but had pretty **** attitude. Speaking of which, what do you mean his practice rant? He never turned up to practice smh
Original post by S-man10
He was good but had pretty **** attitude. Speaking of which, what do you mean his practice rant? He never turned up to practice smh

[video="youtube;eGDBR2L5kzI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI[/video]

You never saw this? :shock:

Yeah he was a complete waste off the court but on the court the guy was sensational.
Reply 329
[video="youtube;eGDBR2L5kzI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI[/video]

You never saw this? :shock:

Yeah he was a complete waste off the court but on the court the guy was sensational.

Guys a bit coocoo. Although credit to him he did start a revolution. Everyone was wearing Iverson jerseys and bands and tattoos etc

Dunno why he was so against practice. Given todays PGs, I think Iverson would have a tough time. Not sure who was there against him during his time.
Original post by S-man10
Guys a bit coocoo. Although credit to him he did start a revolution. Everyone was wearing Iverson jerseys and bands and tattoos etc

Dunno why he was so against practice. Given todays PGs, I think Iverson would have a tough time. Not sure who was there against him during his time.

He started the whole hip hop revolution haha. He is the reason there's a dress code now In the NBA :rofl:

Gary Payton, Mike Bibby(Yes there was a time he didn't suck), Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, Chauncy Billups, Gilbert Arenas, Sam Cassell. But yeah there are more PG's. I dunno I think he would be okay. His game was blowing by players and driving to the hoop as well as throwing up some poor shots haha. There were more quality Centres to stop him back then as well :tongue:
Reply 331
He started the whole hip hop revolution haha. He is the reason there's a dress code now In the NBA :rofl:

Gary Payton, Mike Bibby(Yes there was a time he didn't suck), Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, Chauncy Billups, Gilbert Arenas, Sam Cassell. But yeah there are more PG's. I dunno I think he would be okay. His game was blowing by players and driving to the hoop as well as throwing up some poor shots haha. There were more quality Centres to stop him back then as well :tongue:

Payton was on the decline
Bibby was there I'll give you that
Kidd rose up after Iverson
Nash was after him
Billups after him
Arenas way after him (I'd pick him over Iverson tbh)
Sam Cassell wasn't THAT good

This era has probably the most PGs ever. He maybe alright but it's be really tough for him. Iverson shot pretty poorly. As for quality centres, I can only think of Shaws name. Kwame brown doesn't count
Original post by S-man10
Payton was on the decline
Bibby was there I'll give you that
Kidd rose up after Iverson
Nash was after him
Billups after him
Arenas way after him (I'd pick him over Iverson tbh)
Sam Cassell wasn't THAT good

This era has probably the most PGs ever. He maybe alright but it's be really tough for him. Iverson shot pretty poorly. As for quality centres, I can only think of Shaws name. Kwame brown doesn't count

Yeah there definitely weren't as good PG's back in the early 2000's but I still think Iverson would be okay. Iverson was good right up until around 2005ish I think.

Had , Shaq, Tim Duncan, Ben Wallace, Yao (when he was healthy), Miller, Mourning, Mutumbo. Hell even Ilgauskus was pretty good haha
Reply 333
I'm sure he retired about 3 months back, remember reading a feature article on him
Reply 334
Original post by C-Dawg
I'm sure he retired about 3 months back, remember reading a feature article on him

There was no chance he was gonna come bank anyway. I mean who'd take him?
Original post by S-man10
There was no chance he was gonna come bank anyway. I mean who'd take him?

I think the best offer he had was D-League with whoever the Mavs team in there is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 336
Original post by HarryJames
I think the best offer he had was D-League with whoever the Mavs team in there is

Posted from TSR Mobile

Former allstar and MVP playing in the d-league :rofl:
Original post by S-man10
Former allstar and MVP playing in the d-league :rofl:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vpPO3WlR9vo&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DvpPO3WlR9vo

Sums it all up really

(Minus the LeBron references)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 338

No need was going to give him a starting role or even a secondary one tbh. The d-league was his best bet considering hes been out for 4-5 years...

Iverson was the biggest athlete, he really did all this to himself. During his time he was one of the biggest, if not the biggest endorsements
Original post by S-man10
AI ruined PGs tbh

He didn't really play PG.

Latest