Visit website

Science foundation year - staff uni ?

Anyone doing a science foundation year at staff uni starting this sept ? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Kerry89
Anyone doing a science foundation year at staff uni starting this sept ? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I'm doing biology with a foundation year at staff this September :smile: I'm glad to meet someone on here who is doing the same course! I'm a bit uncertain about the accommodation situation though so if you can give me any help or advice I'd be grateful x
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 2
Aww that's kl , I'm doing forensic science with a foundation year . So will be together :smile: . I'm staying at liberty court in private student accomadation which is about 15 mins down the road walking . It's really nice . Where you thinking of staying ? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
me :smile: at Stafford college not stoke though
Reply 4
Original post by kateyruth
me :smile: at Stafford college not stoke though

i'm doing forensics with foundation year at stafford college!! i'm staying at home though and then moving to halls for year one, are you in halls?
Reply 6
Im doing forensic science with a foundation year at stafford :smile: im in halls at stafford court :smile:
Reply 7
Im staying at home for all 4 years got a baby so :smile:

i rang up stafford college today to ask about timetable he said Tuesday wednesday and friday all day but might change
aw brilliant found two people already!!

i'm becky btw helloooo :smile: hopefully if i show my face on here and point out that i have spikey blue/green hair someone will recognize me and say hello haha

that timetable sounds pretty good hope it stays that way would prefer fridays off and mondays on like i used to get it was cool that way
Reply 9
Original post by fueledbygaymen
aw brilliant found two people already!!

i'm becky btw helloooo :smile: hopefully if i show my face on here and point out that i have spikey blue/green hair someone will recognize me and say hello haha

that timetable sounds pretty good hope it stays that way would prefer fridays off and mondays on like i used to get it was cool that way

r u Hannibal lecter

r u

never seen a dog eat a full pancake soz
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by J_W-x
r u Hannibal lecter

r u

never seen a dog eat a full pancake soz

maybe
who's asking
I've just finished the course myself, at the stoke campus (can't speak for Stafford). The teachers are all brilliant, very kind and willing to help you through everything.

Some points:

Your modules will include Bio 1 and 2, Forensics 1 and 2, Maths 1 and 2 and Chem 1 and 2.

You will be handing your work in up at Stoke college, which is just up the road from the uni campus. It isn't a far walk.

Your course tutor will probably be Robin Caton. You'll be taught by Marie, Karen and Joe. Joe isn't the best maths teacher, in fact, I needed to teach myself everything, so watch out for that.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, the teachers will tell you everything you need to know

They give you many mock tests before the actual tests. The great thing to note is that the mocks and finals are not really all that different.

You have access to ALL Uni facilities, even though it says you're a stoke college student. Don't worry about not being let into the facilities.

The uni teachers quite often come down and check on things, take that time to talk to them, they're all great people

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I could probably give you a run down on some of your required work, too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending