Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Freshers 2013 Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by Samzali1
Hello fellow sociology student :cool:

Hola!! :biggrin: My name is Safrina. Which halls have you picked, assuming you are moving in?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Mastermind2
Where do we find our 7 digit long university number? I can't see it anywhere on my offer letter. Anyone? :confused:

i asked that but no one replied :frown: you will have got an email a while ago offering you a place and attached to that is a word document with the letter. the number is on that :smile:
Reply 322
Original post by r0l0 tomassi
:/ bloody hell. anyone apply for rootes who actually likes getting bevved?

Bevved???

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi guys, does any body know any transport companies to get to warwick as traveling by train with all the luggage would be a hassle.
thanks
Hello fellow sociology student :cool:

Go sociology! :L
Reply 325
Original post by s_axo
Hola!! :biggrin: My name is Safrina. Which halls have you picked, assuming you are moving in?

Hiya my name is Samiyah :biggrin: I have chosen Sherborne and heron bank as my top 2.. Yep I live in london so I am moving in... Wbu?
Reply 326
Hiya my name is Samiyah :biggrin: I have chosen Sherborne and heron bank as my top 2.. Yep I live in london so I am moving in... Wbu?

Oh awesome, I chose heron bank as my second choice. My first is Jack Martin :biggrin: So will see you hopefully! xx
Original post by Callum17
Haha I assume there will be some digging to do at some point over the 3 years :smile:

Do we have some pre-reading to do? - I am confused.
Reply 328
I apologise for being very ill-informed, but when does freshers start, and for how long? :biggrin:
Reply 329
Original post by Selym95
I apologise for being very ill-informed, but when does freshers start, and for how long? :biggrin:

The Freshers' system is slightly different at Warwick. The first day of lectures is the 30th, the day after (or two days after, depending on your surname) arriving. Freshers' events run over the first two weeks of term :smile: You can see more details about Freshers' at http://www.warwicksu.com/freshers/

And don't apologise about being ill-informed, I only found this stuff out the other day. I didn't even know about the photo-passes until yesterday.
(edited 10 years ago)
Just got my welcome guide in the post!!!!!!
Reply 331
Original post by TopazJo
The Freshers' system is slightly different at Warwick. The first day of lectures is the 30th, the day after (or two days after, depending on your surname) arriving. Freshers' events run over the first two weeks of term :smile: You can see more details about Freshers' at http://www.warwicksu.com/freshers/

And don't apologise about being ill-informed, I only found this stuff out the other day. I didn't even know about the photo-passes until yesterday.

Haha, same! - to be fair I don't think they even told me about it!!
Reply 332
Took my photo for my pass today...LOOKIN PRETTY TERRIBLE
Do we have to pay a deposit for accomodation?

What times are halls open on the 28th september? Going to have to book plane tickets and much easier to book in advance.
Original post by FloydRix

What times are halls open on the 28th september? Going to have to book plane tickets and much easier to book in advance.

"Accommodation charges are due on the first day of each term. Payment for accommodation charges must be made by direct debit, or within 21 days of term starting (if not paid by direct debit) to avoid late payment penalty charges on any overdue balance."

"rooms will be available from 9.30am"

I thought it would be clearer to just quote it from sites :smile: I hope it helps :smile:
Reply 335
Original post by Selym95

Haha, same! - to be fair I don't think they even told me about it!!

No worries :biggrin: They didn't tell me either, I only found out by finding this post. Everything is explained in the Welcome Guide though, which I got today :smile:
Reply 336
Original post by r0l0 tomassi
:/ bloody hell. anyone apply for rootes who actually likes getting bevved?

Don't worry, I enjoy drinking many alcoholic beverages.
I'm sooo confused. The classics department has not sent an email/letter about reading any books prior to starting the degree. However, on the website it does give you a reading list. Do I have to read the books...would I be at disadvantage if i do not?
Reply 339
Do you need an NUS+ Card for most of the events?

Quick Reply

Latest