maths- B
english lang- B
english lit- B
Rs- B
ict- C
Textiles- A
history- B
Sport/ P.E- Merit

are my dreams over, is becoming a doctor impossible now?
can i take the undergraduate route, by taking psychoogy for a-level, and then making my way to becoming a quaified doctor?

and iv'e been told i can't take even 1 science for a-level, so are the chances impossible..? what if i get all As and A*s at a-level, achieving top grades...
Reply 8221
It says on many university websites/ prospectuses that you need atleast 6 As at GCSE and that's an actual requirement
Reply 8222
i was expected to get mostly As and only a few Bs, but everything went wrong, i had to go through a lot, guests coming over everyday cus some thieves decided to brake through my house...so my stress, and i didn't know about telling the exam board, because that way they would have marked me up
Reply 8223
yeah so is there no way i can be a doctor now?
Reply 8224
Wow loads of you guys are so clever. I only got 1A 4Bs 5Cs and 1D. Are these results ok?
Reply 8225
but what if i get top a-level grades, and have a lot of work experience?

what about getting int psychology then getting a degree & becoming a professional medical doctor?
Reply 8226
obv not talking about me :frown:
Original post by rrichardson
Thank you, i also got 100% on two of the units 88 on an other and the coursework was 70, so i might see if it's worth it

I got 100% on the coursework, 97% on one module and 84% on another then in the june exam i got 64% do you think it's worth getting a remark? Anyone?
Reply 8228
can you become a doctor if you re-sit ur gcses?
Original post by maryam77
obv not talking about me :frown:

You didn't do awful just forget about it and try and ace A-level I had my heart set on going to oxbridge but I only got 2A* 6A 2B and 1C but I had a poor attendance due to illness and had no extra help with marking so hopefully if I do well at A-level I can still do it, also that will be the same with you but there are other routes for you to take
Original post by maryam77
i didn't do well at all in gcses, i want to become a doctor got:

science add- B
science core - C
maths- B
english lang- B
english lit- B
Rs- B
ict- C
Textiles- A
history- B
Sport/ P.E- Merit

are my dreams over, is becoming a doctor impossible now?
can i take the undergraduate route, by taking psychoogy for a-level, and then making my way to becoming a quaified doctor?

and iv'e been told i can't take even 1 science for a-level, so are the chances impossible..? what if i get all As and A*s at a-level, achieving top grades...

dont let anybody tell you that you can i know my friends brother who got a d in science and does bio and he is going to cambridge his alevels are A* target even though he got Ds all Ds in his gcses
Reply 8231
Original post by HeyHoYolo
You didn't do awful just forget about it and try and ace A-level I had my heart set on going to oxbridge but I only got 2A* 6A 2B and 1C but I had a poor attendance due to illness and had no extra help with marking so hopefully if I do well at A-level I can still do it, also that will be the same with you but there are other routes for you to take

although, that makes me feel a little better, but what oter routes are there for me to take, if i can't do bio/chem or physics for a-level, and you still got 8A-A* grades, your results are better than mine, by far.
Reply 8232
how did he get to do science then, in my sixth form you need to get a 'BB', to do 1 science, and an 'AA' to do two science a-levels
Original post by HeyHoYolo

you can do it i have an illness too i got 1A and b and cs and 2Ds but im remarking them as they do not add up

it is possible just work hard in alevels i want to go oxbridge you can do it never mind the people who tell you otherwise hopefully those ds will become A* i hope i really do
Moderation isn't always bad - I had got 78/80 and 79/80 in my first two chemistry modules, but then my chemistry 'teacher' marked my controlled assessment and gave me a C. I asked her why and she rambled on for a bit so I was like 'fair enough' but obviously really disappointed that my controlled assessment was so bad that it had ruined all my hard work for the exams. However, when my coursework was moderated, my marks went from 42/80 to 74/80...she clearly didn't know what she was doing. But yeah I'm pretty happy that I got my A* overall for chemistry. Yay for moderation! :smile:
Original post by eyeyaye
I got: English Lit A*, IGCSE First Language English A (my first language isn't English anyways but there you go), Biology A*, Chemistry A*, Physics A*, Core Science A* Maths A*, Methods of Maths A*, Applications of Maths A, Religious Studies Short Course A*, Textiles A*, French A*, Geography A* and Distinction in IT. I'm happy with it but before these two As I never got an A in any of my exams ever so I'm kind of a little bit disappointed about that :frown:

can i be you those A* i would die for
Original post by eyeyaye
It says on many university websites/ prospectuses that you need atleast 6 As at GCSE and that's an actual requirement
despite that people with out those grades get in :s-smilie:
Reply 8237
Original post by sophiamarni
dont let anybody tell you that you can i know my friends brother who got a d in science and does bio and he is going to cambridge his alevels are A* target even though he got Ds all Ds in his gcses

Cambridge? thats crazyy, but a good sign of hope, so if you get top a-levels, universities such as Cambridge/ UCL will overlook gcses?

I mean i didn't fail or anything but didn't do amazingly well either.
what is a distinction in ICT ocr nationals equivalent to? I'm trying to work out my APS for myself. It's written as 54.8 which I know will be correct but I like to work it out for myself :smile:
I know it's 58 for an A* (I got 7) and 52 for an A (I got 3) and 46 for a B (only one). I got a distinction in ICT and level 2 in preparation for working life (although I'm not sure what that counts for...)
Any help would be ace
Reply 8239
Original post by sophiamarni
despite that people with out those grades get in :s-smilie:

get into what medical college?

Latest