The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

University of Lincoln: Freshers Week Options

I have a friend who will be attending Lincoln in September. She's not totally into the clubbing scene (however wouldn't mind attending a few).

Does the freshers week offer anything else that is suited to a girl that is more into a chilled social setting?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Check out the events during the day here: http://www.lincolnsu.com/events/welcome-week-2013
Here for what's going on during the evenings: http://issuu.com/freshlincoln/docs/version_1_issuu?e=89063

If you want something more chilled there are the fayres, bowling, treasure hunt and the big quiz. The UV paint party is really fun as well.

If you have any questions feel free to ask! :smile:
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
I live in Lincoln and have all my life so I know a bit of the student life! From friends that go to Lincoln, it has something to suit everyone. From my experience, Lincoln has a busy nightlife but there are some other beautiful areas where it's lovely and chilled.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 3
i know there are a fair few clubbing events in the evening, however there is also kids in glass houses playing one evening which as far as i know are more alternative/punk music, and there is also a 'big quiz' one night too. theres a ghost walk early evening one night too which i am so going to.
as for daytime stuff there are the sports and societies fayres, theres bowling one day, an all day trip to alton towers and a treasure hunt one day too. i cant remember off the top of my head what the exact schedule is though.
i need to find out if its possible to pay just for individual events rather than buying a wristband, because like your friend i dont mind the occasional party/club thing but i prefer chilled settings too :smile: hopefully i will find some people to hang out with rather than going to a few of those dj events XD
Reply 4
I'm really not into anything related to drinking or clubbing. I'd just prefer to see the societies, meet people around accommodation and lectures. Perhaps a few mild afternoon events, I'm not the most social and fresher's week has me worried as it seems to be based around drinking and clubbing.
Reply 5
Original post by Dais1995
i know there are a fair few clubbing events in the evening, however there is also kids in glass houses playing one evening which as far as i know are more alternative/punk music, and there is also a 'big quiz' one night too. theres a ghost walk early evening one night too which i am so going to.
as for daytime stuff there are the sports and societies fayres, theres bowling one day, an all day trip to alton towers and a treasure hunt one day too. i cant remember off the top of my head what the exact schedule is though.
i need to find out if its possible to pay just for individual events rather than buying a wristband, because like your friend i dont mind the occasional party/club thing but i prefer chilled settings too :smile: hopefully i will find some people to hang out with rather than going to a few of those dj events XD

Hey in the exact same boat. Don't mind one night out but with starting uni u wanna get to know people! Dancing with blaring music doesn't sound easy trying to get to know people . Meeting with people on bars or lil events out sounds great :biggrin: what u studying ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by chloeA705
Hey in the exact same boat. Don't mind one night out but with starting uni u wanna get to know people! Dancing with blaring music doesn't sound easy trying to get to know people . Meeting with people on bars or lil events out sounds great :biggrin: what u studying ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

exactly :smile: im studying film and tv, you?
Reply 7
exactly :smile: im studying film and tv, you?

I'm studying media production :smile: so undecided about tickets for freshers. May buy one for one night out but the majority of freshers I'd rather go bars or get to know each other in our new flats :P ill see you there and we can catch a drink ? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
hi, same hear, id expect some events to be pay on door for extra cost, thats if they arnt already full, they gotta make money right? but im the similar sitch, not mad on dj's :P prefer the places slightly more mellowed, :P
Reply 9
Hey people :smile:
I'm glad to see there are other people who are interested in meeting people Freshers Week than just going clubbing. I think I'm going to buy tickets on the door so I can be flexible :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by HeatherWood
Hey people :smile:
I'm glad to see there are other people who are interested in meeting people Freshers Week than just going clubbing. I think I'm going to buy tickets on the door so I can be flexible :biggrin:

Yeah sounds like a good idea :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Skingrater
hi, same hear, id expect some events to be pay on door for extra cost, thats if they arnt already full, they gotta make money right? but im the similar sitch, not mad on dj's :P prefer the places slightly more mellowed, :P

Exactly. There's no way of getting to know ppl when dancing. Anyway there will be so many chances to go out :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by chloeA705
I'm studying media production :smile: so undecided about tickets for freshers. May buy one for one night out but the majority of freshers I'd rather go bars or get to know each other in our new flats :P ill see you there and we can catch a drink ? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh cool i might see you around then! i think a lot of film and tv and media production stuff happens in the same building :smile:
yeah i got the gold wristband thinking that everyone would just be going to all the events but i have seen loads of people saying they arent going to some stuff. but eh, im not committing myself to going anywhere even if i did pay for it XD
yeah i'd be up for a drink! i cant remember if i asked what accommodation are you staying in?
Reply 13
oh cool i might see you around then! i think a lot of film and tv and media production stuff happens in the same building :smile:
yeah i got the gold wristband thinking that everyone would just be going to all the events but i have seen loads of people saying they arent going to some stuff. but eh, im not committing myself to going anywhere even if i did pay for it XD
yeah i'd be up for a drink! i cant remember if i asked what accommodation are you staying in?

I've seen a lot of people saying they have wristbands so don't worry! im buying a couple of tickets because I'm already worried about feeding myself with little money left over on my loan :L I'm staying in brayford quays where we'r gona get all our flat mates and other people out for a drink monday so your welcome to join x :P where are u staying ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14

I got the gold wristband too but I intend to go with the flow and see what's happening then decide on the best option :biggrin: don't worry there's plenty of people going out, yet others intend to go into town so there's loads of options!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
im staying in courts. the 23rd you mean? i'd probably need to be getting to know my flatmates too but maybe i'll come and join you at some point :smile:

Original post by Rw165
I got the gold wristband too but I intend to go with the flow and see what's happening then decide on the best option :biggrin: don't worry there's plenty of people going out, yet others intend to go into town so there's loads of options!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

exactly what i thought, at least with the wristband i have the option of whether to go to events or not depending what others are doing :biggrin: what are you studying?
Reply 16
im staying in courts. the 23rd you mean? i'd probably need to be getting to know my flatmates too but maybe i'll come and join you at some point :smile:

exactly what i thought, at least with the wristband i have the option of whether to go to events or not depending what others are doing :biggrin: what are you studying?

That was my logic too but I just kinda hope it doesn't turn out a waste! :biggrin:
I'm doing law and criminology, yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
yeah same here :P
oh that sounds awesome! im doing film and tv. any idea what sports/societies you might join?
Reply 18
yeah same here :P
oh that sounds awesome! im doing film and tv. any idea what sports/societies you might join?

Law society, and possibly a sport, haven't a clue which one yet but definitely something in an attempt to keep me fit! Haha. Yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by Rw165
Law society, and possibly a sport, haven't a clue which one yet but definitely something in an attempt to keep me fit! Haha. Yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

awesome! yeah same here, i really dont do enough exercise at the moment XD i will have to have a proper look at the sports and societies fayres but i'm quite interested in surfing or climbing i think :smile:

Quick Reply