The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I am over the moon with my results :smile: I achieved 1 A*, 4 A's, 4 B's, 2C's and a distinction in ICT. I was only predicted grade C's in everything and for most exceeded this so I am very happy!
Reply 8301
Original post by Heytherehello
I got A* Eng lit, A* french, A Maths, A History, A Philosophy, A Biology, A Latin, B Physics, B Eng Lang so overall: 2A*s 5As and 2Bs. Is that a good set of results because i feel disappointed :frown: . I want to go to UCL to study history or philosophy or maybe even classics. Are these results good enough for that? Any replies would be appreciated :smile:

Most Uni's really don't look at your GCSEs, so I wouldn't worry.

Congrats
Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW
Well done to everyone, you all seem to have pretty good grades :biggrin:
I saw on the news that performance in GCSE's had gone down in the past year, I then read a status of which a year 11 had posted on facebook last night saying the following : "I don't care if I did ****, at least I had a social life ahaha", so I think it's people like that are the reason for that, not the TSR community, so once again well done, and good luck in A levels, if you are taking them, please note, there is a considerable jump in both work load and difficulty (for me at least) from GCSE to A level, so bare that in mind. Trust me, it's a lot better to try your best first time in AS than have retakes in A2, takes quite a lot of pressure off :smile:

Most of us worked really hard and TSR was a big help for me :smile: The reason the GCSE results have gone down is that there's been a big increase in people being entered into GCSEs early, and they tend to get worse grades.
Hey guys, I got:
English Lang - A*
English Lit - A*
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A*
Physics - A*
History - A*
Maths - A
RE (short course) - A*
Dida year 1 - B
Dida year 2 - A
Applied Business - B

I want to study medicine (preferably in Cardiff), but I am a bit concerned. This is because I know many universities don't accept applied business, nor my 2 Dida qualifications which replace ICT. In addition, I'm pleased with my RE result but it's a short course and yet again, I know lots of uni's, like Cardiff, don't accept short courses.
Discarding my business,dida's and RE, have I got enough to work with? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, I got 7a*'s, then 3a's (an A in maths (3 UMS off A* - let down only by my first exam (1st module) which I took when I was 14), then A in art, and A in English lang (which I plan to retake for A*). I also got full UMS on my r.s. exam, full ums on both French exams, and full ums on 1 module of my bio, chem and physics exams. I go to a private school for girls, and ive been there for 3 yrs, after coming from a public school. I REALLY want to study medicine, do you think my grades are enough to get in to Cambridge/Oxford? Thanks
I received nine A* in English Language, English Literature, Maths, Double Award Science, RS, French, Latin and Music (:eek:). And an A in the FSMQ :smile:

Happy doesn't begin to cover it.
Can someone help me? In my latin GCSE i was 1 UMS mark away from an A* (grrrr) and i want to only get 2 of my modules remarked. Is that allowed or when you remark do you have to get all papers remarked? Any replies appreciated, thank you.
I got my Maths results earlier this year, I did both Edexcel Linear and AQA Modular and achieved a C in both!. Does this mean I get two GCSE's or am I only allowed to use one?

Also they didn't show up on my results slip this results day and because I got the results in April I don't have anything to prove I got them! My edexcel one is on the results online thing but will I have to wait for my certificates to come to prove I got the C's? Or is there another way of proving I passed before hand?

Thanks for your help in advance!
Reply 8308
Original post by curcuitcities
Well done guys!

I managed to get 4A*s, 4As & 2Bs.
A*s - Maths IGCSE, Physics, Stats, Religion
As - Eng Lang, Eng Lit, Geography, German
Bs - Business, I.T.

I was wondering - can you can remark I.T. controlled assessments? I'm 3 UMS away from an A. I got an A & A* in the exams, but the Bs in the coursework brought it down. If not, I'll just remark the A paper, and hope for the best.

Also are these on course to do Economics in Uni? Cheers :smile:

Very well done, from my experience you can get IT controlled assessments remarked.

Which uni's were you thinking of studying Economics at ? :smile:
Can someone help me? In my latin GCSE i was 1 UMS mark away from an A* (grrrr) and i want to only get 2 of my modules remarked. Is that allowed or when you remark do you have to get all papers remarked? Any replies appreciated, thank you.
Original post by Heytherehello

you just get individual papers remarked rather than the subject as a whole, so to answer your question yes you could just get 1 or 2 papers remarked :smile:
Reply 8311
Our school really screwed us over in regards to control assessments, I got 89,90 and 100 ums in my bio exams, and cos of my CA I only got an A overall :/, because our school decided to mark us 'extra harshly'. The same occurred with economics and spanish, and it really isnt fair :mad:
Could you guys possibly check out this thread for me? I'd appreciate it:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2441866

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paradoxicalme
Most of us worked really hard and TSR was a big help for me :smile: The reason the GCSE results have gone down is that there's been a big increase in people being entered into GCSEs early, and they tend to get worse grades.

Yes, I did hear that, but I thought that that status represented some of attitudes of those taking GCSE's, in every generation. TSR was a big help through my A levels. Yes I can see, well done! :biggrin:
Original post by BC95
Very well done, from my experience you can get IT controlled assessments remarked.

Which uni's were you thinking of studying Economics at ? :smile:

Thanks man
Of course, Cambridge if possible. That's if I manage to beast A-Level :tongue:
If not, I'm looking at London School of Econ & UCL.
Btw for A-Levels, I'm doing Maths, Physics, Economics & History.
Yes, I did hear that, but I thought that that status represented some of attitudes of those taking GCSE's, in every generation. TSR was a big help through my A levels. Yes I can see, well done! :biggrin:

There are always some 'don't give a ****' people...my friend's one of them. I just hope their GCSEs give them enough of a shock that they'll get rid of their apathy before they wreck their lives.
Original post by curcuitcities
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/126278-specification-level-ums-grade-boundaries-november-2012-january-and-june-2013.pdf According to this (pg 32), it is :frown: You might as well get one of your papers remarked then. It can't go down, surely.

Omg :frown: Would they remark my controlled assessment?
Original post by paradoxicalme
There are always some 'don't give a ****' people...my friend's one of them. I just hope their GCSEs give them enough of a shock that they'll get rid of their apathy before they wreck their lives.

Same. What are you doing for A level then? :smile:
I got an A* in edexcel maths (Mathematics A (linear) option H) but haven't been told my ums marks? Is this just something that edexcel does, or should I have my mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same. What are you doing for A level then? :smile:

Biology, Psychology, Philosophy, Maths and Lit :smile: you?

Latest