Oh wow well done mate, hope your remark increases your grade

haha cheers , yeah man me too ! how'd you do ? :smile:
Reply 1104
Original post by Fas
haha cheers , yeah man me too ! how'd you do ? :smile:

got 78 in f581 in jan, and 55/100 in f582

overall its a C. hopefully my photocopy get sorted out
Original post by Robbie242
Exactly, we wrote quite similar things - surely after all the revision we did it couldn't be wrong (subjective examinations suck). Hmm that fills me with some hope at least! yeah better luck in the remark hopefully :smile:

need your help bud.

on my f581 photocopy , theres a 6 mark question which ive apparently scored 0/6 on - but next to the question the examiner has just marked " TV " on the side - any idea what that means ?

Also for my essay ive been given 8/18 which is blatantly wrong , but the examiner has marked my analysis then for my evaluation and my alternative he/she's just put " SEEN " next to it and for the conclusion aswell.

No idea what the hell any of that means , do you know by chance ? :smile:
Original post by Fas
need your help bud.

on my f581 photocopy , theres a 6 mark question which ive apparently scored 0/6 on - but next to the question the examiner has just marked " TV " on the side - any idea what that means ?

Also for my essay ive been given 8/18 which is blatantly wrong , but the examiner has marked my analysis then for my evaluation and my alternative he/she's just put " SEEN " next to it and for the conclusion aswell.

No idea what the hell any of that means , do you know by chance ? :smile:

Sure m8

TV stands for ''Too Vague'' - which means you must've being too vague (so he/she did mark it)

jesus 8/18 O_o SEEN means that they've just seen a part of the paper and noted it rather than giving it credit

I would get the markscheme ASAP from your teacher
(edited 10 years ago)
Sure m8

TV stands for ''Too Vague'' - which means you must've being too vague (so he/she did mark it)

jesus 8/18 O_o SEEN means that they've just seen a part of the paper and noted it rather than giving it credit

I would get the markscheme ASAP from your teacher

cheers - the TV thing i do agree on hahaha i was certain as i walked out i was getting nothing on that question :tongue:

however the essay marking is REALLY confusing the ****ing **** out of me , i looked at a markscheme just now for june 2012 ( which also had regulations ) and as far as the levels go , i seem to be hitting all of them :confused:

i wrote pretty similiar stuff to lisa96 , ive emailed the paper to my teacher to have a look at cos some ****ed up **** has gone on here. willing to bet the guy that marked it must have been following the mark scheme religiously , even though OCR themselves say some answers may not be on the mark scheme ( especially for an essay )
Original post by Fas
cheers - the TV thing i do agree on hahaha i was certain as i walked out i was getting nothing on that question :tongue:

however the essay marking is REALLY confusing the ****ing **** out of me , i looked at a markscheme just now for june 2012 ( which also had regulations ) and as far as the levels go , i seem to be hitting all of them :confused:

i wrote pretty similiar stuff to lisa96 , ive emailed the paper to my teacher to have a look at cos some ****ed up **** has gone on here. willing to bet the guy that marked it must have been following the mark scheme religiously , even though OCR themselves say some answers may not be on the mark scheme ( especially for an essay )

Hah

That's strange, markschemes change unfortunately :colonhash:

Yeah exactly - I think the same with my marker, can't wait to get my script back
Hah

That's strange, markschemes change unfortunately :colonhash:

Yeah exactly - I think the same with my marker, can't wait to get my script back

aye , lemme know if you see anything weird in it haha
Reply 1110
Original post by Fas
aye , lemme know if you see anything weird in it haha

Got my script back. for the question "Comment on whether an increase in the rate of interest would reduce investment" I got 0/6 marks and on the script it says "TV" four times, which means "too vague".

I wrote "an increase in the rate of interest would make it harder for firms and consumers to borrow money, therefore harder for them to invest in factories and machinery. This in turn will reduce a firms ability to increase output.A reduction in investment will depends on the sixe of the increse of the rate of interest.A reduction in investment may not occur if firms use profits and don't borrow to invest.A firm may not choose to invest at all if they are already producing output at maximum potential.In addition firms or businesses may be confident about the future so they may choose to borrow and invest."

How is this too vague. Was I supposed to talk about the China case study or something??? :frown:
Original post by popo
Got my script back. for the question "Comment on whether an increase in the rate of interest would reduce investment" I got 0/6 marks and on the script it says "TV" four times, which means "too vague".

I wrote "an increase in the rate of interest would make it harder for firms and consumers to borrow money, therefore harder for them to invest in factories and machinery. This in turn will reduce a firms ability to increase output.A reduction in investment will depends on the sixe of the increse of the rate of interest.A reduction in investment may not occur if firms use profits and don't borrow to invest.A firm may not choose to invest at all if they are already producing output at maximum potential.In addition firms or businesses may be confident about the future so they may choose to borrow and invest."

How is this too vague. Was I supposed to talk about the China case study or something??? :frown:

1) How would it do this ? - this point i don't think you were specific enough upon

Also what you have talked about is the firms ability to invest in order to increase output. I think the question is wanting you to talk about whether foreign investment is likely to increase or decrease due to an increase in the rate of interest - not whether a firm is more likely to invest in itself to increase output.

in regards to your comments - you have essentially the right idea , but i don't feel they have been worded in such a way that the examiner would be able to understand what you were trying to say , and since your analysis wasn't specific enough then the comment marks cannot be accessed due to this :frown:

the same thing happened in my F581 paper , got 0/6 for a question which was " TV " haha
Reply 1112
Original post by Fas
1) How would it do this ? - this point i don't think you were specific enough upon

Also what you have talked about is the firms ability to invest in order to increase output. I think the question is wanting you to talk about whether foreign investment is likely to increase or decrease due to an increase in the rate of interest - not whether a firm is more likely to invest in itself to increase output.

in regards to your comments - you have essentially the right idea , but i don't feel they have been worded in such a way that the examiner would be able to understand what you were trying to say , and since your analysis wasn't specific enough then the comment marks cannot be accessed due to this :frown:

the same thing happened in my F581 paper , got 0/6 for a question which was " TV " haha

Hate how OCR mark their exams its so dumb. dunnoe if i should retake now even though I got a D and overall i have 133/200. I want to do further maths AS next year so i dont want too many exams. I can still try harder in A2 Economics and get a B.

Another question was Describe 3 reasons why consumer expenditure in an economy may be relatively low. I got 4/6 marks I wrote high income tax, high interest rates. Then i wrote Reduced benefits for people claiming as they might not have enough to spend on goods and services. Is that right or nto what the examinar is looking for seeing as not that many people are on benefits ???
Got a C on markets in action and a B in Unit 2. If i retake markets in action will it be realistic to aim for an A?
Original post by chelseafan
Got a C on markets in action and a B in Unit 2. If i retake markets in action will it be realistic to aim for an A?

how far off an A were you in Unit 2 ?
Original post by Fas
how far off an A were you in Unit 2 ?

Very far. Guess i should aim for a B then.
Reply 1116
Im only 7 UMS off a B overall in AS. I calculated (280-133)/2 and i need about 74 UMS in F583 and F585 to get a B in the whole a level. Should I retake f582 or not. I dont want to as i will have further maths AS and edexecl physics. I got A's on maths and physics AS i dont want to ruin those with more economics. I dont think i will retake as i can revise hard for a B.
Reply 1117
Original post by popo
Hate how OCR mark their exams its so dumb. dunnoe if i should retake now even though I got a D and overall i have 133/200. I want to do further maths AS next year so i dont want too many exams. I can still try harder in A2 Economics and get a B.

Another question was Describe 3 reasons why consumer expenditure in an economy may be relatively low. I got 4/6 marks I wrote high income tax, high interest rates. Then i wrote Reduced benefits for people claiming as they might not have enough to spend on goods and services. Is that right or nto what the examinar is looking for seeing as not that many people are on benefits ???

It's nothing about 'how many people are on benefits'. Don't forget this is pure theory. I think you need to expand it more, and use more key terms like 'disposable incomes'.

You could have also talked about deflation causing people to hold off spending, unemployment = less disposable income, or talk about structural problems such as an ageing population that has a lower propensity to spend...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still haven't got my photocopy back, I know I've lost 2 marks for the calculation but elsewhere I don't know :confused:
I just wanted some opinions on the F582 exam.

At the time I found it hard. I knew I hadn't done well. I didn't think I did that badly though. What did everyone else do better in F581 or F582? (I didn't take the F581 exam in June)

I did all the past papers ect but I thought F582 was a lot harder than I expected! Does anyone else think the same?

I got my script back and all the questions I thought I did bad on I did. However the 6 mark question I got 0 on. It was a small mistake which cost me the 6 marks. :frown: When I say small mistake I mean 2 words...

Also, how hard do you think it would be boost my grade?

Any replies would be appreciated. :smile:

Quick Reply