The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3900
No one wants to answer my question about the toaster? Oki dokes then
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by jelly1000
an iron board and bin are provided. there is a light above the desk, the lightswitch is kinda hidden but it is there. no hangers though. Well theres a Wilkinsons on the main road near the bus stop in town.

Thanks, this helps me less worried about my starter pack :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3902
Original post by Mimsxo

If there's no toaster just buy one and split it with your flat...
Does uea provide us with a bulletin/notice board in the ensuite/ standard accommodation on campus?
Original post by jack1017
If there's no toaster just buy one and split it with your flat...

I wouldn't recommend this unless your a qualified electrician. :coat:
Reply 3905
Original post by Mimsxo

Like jack said, it's better to wait as then you can see what everyone else brings. If you do need to buy one you can use the grill in the mean time to make toast (of which there definitely is one).

Original post by jenny7425
Does uea provide us with a bulletin/notice board in the ensuite/ standard accommodation on campus?

Yes :smile: I think all the accommodation has them, though I'm not 100% for Orwell/Wolfson or Mary Chapman.

xxx
Reply 3906
Original post by salvatoregirl26
Hi everyone! I'm studying abroad at UEA for the Fall 2013 semester and want to know if I should bring bedding of my own, and if so what material would be best, or get one of the "starter packs" from this website?

http://www.uea.ac.uk/accommodation/living-in-uea-residences/starterpacks

THANK YOU! :-)

I'd probably go for the bedding pack to make it easier, but that's just me! Either way, the vast majority of people just have a fitted sheet on the mattress and a duvet with a duvet cover, plus pillow/s and pillow case/s. If it's still warm come September you might want only a sheet, not a duvet, but in that case you can just take the duvet out of the duvet cover and use the cover as a sheet.

Original post by mloveday94
What's the deal on internet? Is there no wifi? We're moving into 2014 after all. Is it possible to just buy a router and plug the ethernet cable into it or is it more complicated than that? As I'm taking multiple devices that use internet, gonna be a pain having to switch the cable between them.

Afraid not, there is free wifi on campus but not in the accomm, I think it's mainly due to issues with signal through all the walls, but not sure. Also I think they would worry that it would get overloaded with all the different devices. I'd perhaps make another post if you have no replies in a while since this is a busy period on this thread and there will be someone with experience of connecting other stuff on here who can help you out! But I'm pretty sure you can't just plug a router in, I think it's part of the agreement. I remember people discussing it a while back (like a few years!) on here so maybe try searching the thread a bit.

Original post by Podolshi
Motorcycle :smile: I saw on the day I came for my interview that there was motorcycle parking with plenty of free spaces even during term time! Do I have to pay to use the spaces?

I'm not the expert on motorcycles. As has already been said it's free on campus, but I'm not sure if there are time limits and if so, not sure about at the actual accommodation. The best person to tell you for sure is probably UEAAccommodation...

UEAAccommodation

But they are probably busy atm and I haven't seen them on here in a while, so if not then I'd ring to check with the office about whether you can bring it.

Unless I misunderstood and you've already checked that bit!

xxx
https://www.facebook.com/groups/206669646166951/

There wasn't an official colman house facebook group and im impatient....so i made one :smile: JOIN PEOPLE
Anyone got Colman House for accommodation? Join the Facebook group here:

:smile:
Original post by kuroudo93
Anyone got Colman House for accommodation? Join the Facebook group here:

:smile:

most people haven't had their accomodation offers yet and when they do get them uea will set up their own pages for the halls
most people haven't had their accomodation offers yet and when they do get them uea will set up their own pages for the halls

Oh right, i got my accommodation last week and there weren't any groups for it so i thought id make one haha
Original post by J-Robinson
Hey everyone,

I'm a first year, moving to UEA in September, and I don't think I'm going to get a place in University accommodation. I get along with most people and am doing Politics with a Foundation year.

I'm looking for flat mates! I'd like to share with first years as I'm sure I'm not alone in this situation. A couple of us are thinking of getting a house, please any first years looking for accom message me! :smile:

I'm studying the same course after being offered a change course offer so am too no longer guaranteed accommodation which sucks. I wonder if we get more of a priority than those who went through clearing. Anyway, i will probably be looking for people to share with, but would it not be better to wait until the 2nd September when they said we'll be being updated further.
[INDENT] I am in britten house ensuite campus! Is that with building or not because it doesn't say! Is anyone else there? .. it says britten house in nelson court!? [/INDENT]
Reply 3913
Anyone got any information on Constable Terrace? Is it social, what are the rooms/kitchen like compared to the other ensuite accomodation etc. Cheers!!
Original post by MeredithGrey13
[INDENT] I am in britten house ensuite campus! Is that with building or not because it doesn't say! Is anyone else there? .. it says britten house in nelson court!? [/INDENT]

if it doesn't say it should be without building work. and britten house and nelson court are two seperate flats
Anyone in the Suffolk Terrace, twin rooms?
Reply 3916
Got nelson court :smile: slightly only slightly gutted I didn't get one of the newer buildings. Didn't manage to go inside nelson court on open day so I hope its nice
Original post by tn234
Got nelson court :smile: slightly only slightly gutted I didn't get one of the newer buildings. Didn't manage to go inside nelson court on open day so I hope its nice

lol i was the opposite way round when i got my offer (2 years ago), the rooms are huge and your literally right next to the square and the main lecture buildings
Reply 3918
lol i was the opposite way round when i got my offer (2 years ago), the rooms are huge and your literally right next to the square and the main lecture buildings

haha yeah I guess I need to be more optimistic, although I heard paston house is the best for parties but I guess its the people not the residence :colondollar: Nelson court shall be awesome :cool:
Original post by tn234
haha yeah I guess I need to be more optimistic, although I heard paston house is the best for parties but I guess its the people not the residence :colondollar: Nelson court shall be awesome :cool:

tbh I think it varies from year to year. When I was in halls Nelson was definitley one of the more sociable halls and well known for its pre drinking sessions. Anyway remember your not just confined to parties in your halls, you'll meet others who can invite you to parties at theirs.

Latest

Trending

Trending