Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Uni: Official Students 13/14!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by HannahS95
Hahah I was just giving a general idea of whereabouts I live, since its not technically Leeds (wakefield postcode). Yeah probably, be a massive change! Yeah, the 3 basically goes straight there, and the 2a and some of the others turn off the main road and go through a housing estate :') I guess its not too bad, i always found it frustrating after a 2+ hours train journey though, just wanted to get there! :')

Ahh, i think i have been to wakefield before, or passed through on a coach at least :') Sounds similar to one of the bus routes up here, but thanks for the heads up, i'll make sure to memorise the timetable :smile: Oh dear, that reminds me i have many train journeys to look forward to from now on... Thank god for my kindle :biggrin:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 321
Original post by Lilypad12345
Hehe it sure does!! hmm well i applied for the upgraded one for my second choice, first choice is the superior standard in county college! Hopefully if i get the second choice the room is as nice as in the photo on lancasters fb page!

What course are you doing and what college are you in?? :smile:

Fingers crossed for ya! Im doing Economics and staying in Grizedale :biggrin: Its a shame we're not in the same college or course, hopefully we'll bump in to each other though! Where abouts you from? :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 322
Hi all! :biggrin:

Course: Bsc chemistry (though i'm thinking of transfering to chemical engineering- anyone else alittle unsure which theyd prefer???!)
Offer: through clearing
results: ABCD and A in extended project ( though my B grade was 2 UMS from an A so sent off for remarks :crossedf: )
college: havn't heard back yet!

Anyone know the differance between a browland standard and upgraded standard room??!

Bowland upgraded standard is where you live in Ash house until Christmas while they upgrade other rooms and you move into the newly refurbished room in January. Ash House you would be sharing a flat with twenty something people. Because you don't move in until January the rent is slightly lower then a standard room
Bowland standard has already been upgraded.
Bowland Basic standard has not been upgraded

You can read about it here if you scroll to the bottom of the page : http://www.lancs.ac.uk/sbs/accommodation/bowland-tower.html
Course: Law
Offer: ABB (offer through clearing)
Accommodation : Furness superior - first choice, County superior - second choice.

I am so excited to begin the course!
Reply 324
Original post by Orthrus
Ahh, i think i have been to wakefield before, or passed through on a coach at least :') Sounds similar to one of the bus routes up here, but thanks for the heads up, i'll make sure to memorise the timetable :smile: Oh dear, that reminds me i have many train journeys to look forward to from now on... Thank god for my kindle :biggrin:

God yeah I can imagine, when I was considering Durham I looked at the trains between lancaster and Durham for visiting the bf, it was like three and a half- four hours! Nightmare :') it's about two hours home ish for me thankfully :') how often are you thinking of going home?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 325
Original post by JonNgog
Ha ha I was being a little pedantic I guess, but by north west most people mean Newcastle and the surrounding areas. Sometimes it's easy to forget how far north Newcastle is of Yorkshire. Technically Yorkshire is virtually the midlands!

-JonNgog

Yorkshire is neither north east nor midlands! (AhemGodsowncountryahem)
Yorkshire is pretty much it's own region since its so big :') I guess Sheffield is close to being midlands, but Scarborough, Whitby , other parts of North Yorkshire? Nowhere near the midlands! Best way to describe it is just north! East of the Pennines but hardly north east :') orthrus is from Newcastle (ish)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yorkshire is neither north east nor midlands! (AhemGodsowncountryahem)
Yorkshire is pretty much it's own region since its so big :') I guess Sheffield is close to being midlands, but Scarborough, Whitby , other parts of North Yorkshire? Nowhere near the midlands! Best way to describe it is just north! East of the Pennines but hardly north east :') orthrus is from Newcastle (ish)

Posted from TSR Mobile

In relation to the country, though, it is virtually in the middle of the country. Btw when I talk about Yorkshire I predominantly mean West and South where the majority of the population is based ! But that's just my ignorance;D it's a strange old place, Yorkshire. Strange, but I love it.

-JonNgog
Reply 327
Original post by JonNgog
In relation to the country, though, it is virtually in the middle of the country. Btw when I talk about Yorkshire I predominantly mean West and South where the majority of the population is based ! But that's just my ignorance;D it's a strange old place, Yorkshire. Strange, but I love it.

-JonNgog

If you count Scotland it is! Its not as North as Newcastle etc obviously but its still Northern England really :') I live in West Yorkshire, I think North Yorkshire is the biggest in terms of land :') Strange in places I guess, but its home! :')
Original post by 3DDY
Fingers crossed for ya! Im doing Economics and staying in Grizedale :biggrin: Its a shame we're not in the same college or course, hopefully we'll bump in to each other though! Where abouts you from? :smile:

oo awesome!! ahh well, itll be cool to get to know people from differant courses and colleges anyway :biggrin: hope we do, ahh cannot wait for freshers! I'm from london, goodness the train ticket prices are crazy to get to lancaster from here!!! what about you??
Original post by katie55
Bowland upgraded standard is where you live in Ash house until Christmas while they upgrade other rooms and you move into the newly refurbished room in January. Ash House you would be sharing a flat with twenty something people. Because you don't move in until January the rent is slightly lower then a standard room
Bowland standard has already been upgraded.
Bowland Basic standard has not been upgraded

You can read about it here if you scroll to the bottom of the page : http://www.lancs.ac.uk/sbs/accommodation/bowland-tower.html

oo thankyou so much for fully explaining to me!! damn, the reduced price is attractive but would suck to have to move and also the basic room doesnt look too great :/ guess i've already applied now so its too late..
Reply 330
oo thankyou so much for fully explaining to me!! damn, the reduced price is attractive but would suck to have to move and also the basic room doesnt look too great :/ guess i've already applied now so its too late..

You only live there for a few months so it might not be too bad and refurbished rooms look really nice. Sorry its a bit late but at least you will be prepared if you get it, I wonder how many people will be in for a shock on move in day?
Good luck anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 331
Has anyone else paid their deposit for accommodation yet?
Reply 332
Original post by Envelopes

Yep, did it straight away.
Reply 333

I just did this morning :smile:

You only have a week to pay it and accept the offer I think.
Reply 334
Original post by Prendah
Yep, did it straight away.

Original post by Astonix
I just did this morning :smile:

You only have a week to pay it and accept the offer I think.

Awsome! yeah, you have one week. I think you get your deposit back at the end of the year? (assuming you didn't damage the room), but im not 100% sure on that.

Did you guys get your first/second choice?
Reply 335
Awsome! yeah, you have one week. I think you get your deposit back at the end of the year? (assuming you didn't damage the room), but im not 100% sure on that.

Yer the deposit automatically goes back to whomever paid it provided you didn't wreck your room. :smile:

I got my second choice, Furness, but happy all the same!
Have you received your accom. offer yet?
Reply 336

Didn't get either of my choices, but still got a standard room at Pendle so I'm happy.
Reply 337
Original post by Astonix
Yer the deposit automatically goes back to whomever paid it provided you didn't wreck your room. :smile:

I got my second choice, Furness, but happy all the same!
Have you received your accom. offer yet?

Yeah, Im in Fylde. It wasn't my first/second choice, but i got offered superior ensuite so im still really happy. Plus, lectures are only 5 - 10 minutes away (apparently), which is always a plus! :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 338
Original post by Prendah
Didn't get either of my choices, but still got a standard room at Pendle so I'm happy.

Same. Still happy with my offer, though.
Reply 339
God yeah I can imagine, when I was considering Durham I looked at the trains between lancaster and Durham for visiting the bf, it was like three and a half- four hours! Nightmare :') it's about two hours home ish for me thankfully :') how often are you thinking of going home?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think from newcastle it's 2 and a half hours - which is fantastic considering i was contemplating taking the 5 hour coach before i found out :laugh:Hmmm, i've already told my mam i'll be glad to be shot of her, and she feels the same, so probably just christmas and easter, and maybe one or two visits to my friends :') How about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending