The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Freshers 2013 Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by FrustratedGirl
Do we have some pre-reading to do? - I am confused.

I've just found the reading list you mentioned but it sounds more like suggestions than compulsory but I don't know. I might have a look at some of them since I've never studied it before but I'm already reading two introduction books that aren't on the list so I don't know if I could handle any more :frown:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 341
Does anyone know when we should buy our NUS extra card? Or if we need one :P
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Callum17
I've just found the reading list you mentioned but it sounds more like suggestions than compulsory but I don't know. I might have a look at some of them since I've never studied it before but I'm already reading two introduction books that aren't on the list so I don't know if I could handle any more :frown:

Oh, all right. I think I am definitely going to read at least one as I hardly know anything about the ancient world...but it depends on which books are also in kindle format.
Original post by s_axo
Does anyone know when we should buy our NUS extra card? Or if we need one :P

It's not a necessity but it's definitely recommended. I'm pretty sure you can apply for one now as you're definitely going Warwick right? The NUS card will save you lots of money in the future.
Reply 344
For the enrollment process, where is the 7 digit university number you need?
Original post by jakwob12
For the enrollment process, where is the 7 digit university number you need?

look for an e-mail from warwick, it should be in one of them. I found mine on my e-mail when they gave me an offer :smile: You may find it in the confirmation letter :smile:
Original post by FloydRix
Do we have to pay a deposit for accomodation?

nope, look here

Original post by Hootie*
Do you need an NUS+ Card for most of the events?

You will need the student card for most events.
"Your University card is your means of proving that you are a student at the University of Warwick, your library card, your ‘key’ to access some buildings on campus, and is your Students’ Union and National Union of Students (NUS) card." from here

"NUS + Guests only" means people with the NUS card can bring guests :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 347
Original post by hello calum
look for an e-mail from warwick, it should be in one of them. I found mine on my e-mail when they gave me an offer :smile: You may find it in the confirmation letter :smile:

Thanks, I think I found it in the offer e-mail as Warwick ID
Reply 348
Oh, all right. I think I am definitely going to read at least one as I hardly know anything about the ancient world...but it depends on which books are also in kindle format.

I just bought the first one on the list cause it looks like a short general overview of the whole thing and that's what I need :smile:
nope, look here

You will need the student card for most events.
"Your University card is your means of proving that you are a student at the University of Warwick, your library card, your ‘key’ to access some buildings on campus, and is your Students’ Union and National Union of Students (NUS) card." from here

"NUS + Guests only" means people with the NUS card can bring guests :smile:

Does that mean you have to pay for accommodation the day that we start?
Original post by Callum17
I just bought the first one on the list cause it looks like a short general overview of the whole thing and that's what I need :smile:

Hahahah...are you sure it was not because of the fact that it is the most cheapest? LoL
Reply 351
Original post by Oxy-moron Prodigy
It's not a necessity but it's definitely recommended. I'm pretty sure you can apply for one now as you're definitely going Warwick right? The NUS card will save you lots of money in the future.

Thank you :smile:.

Is it the Nus extra card that is £12 a year?
Does that mean you have to pay for accommodation the day that we start?

Yeah, the payment for the accommodation per term must be made from the start of each term. You can pay for the first term on the 30 of September, second term on 6th of January and the third term on the 23rd April :smile:

Does our Warwick NUS card give discounts the same as normal NUS cards? I mean, should I bother getting an NUS card when we are given one when we enroll?
Are you allowed guests at freshers events?!?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you allowed guests at freshers events?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AJ-simbarsi
Are you allowed guests at freshers events?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, you have to buy two tickets and be with your guest when you arrive. They must also have ID. I can't remember where I got this info from :s

Guests can also stay overnight if you ask your accommodation guys and they allow it :smile:
Is the enrolment process opened? It said you'll receive an email that will ask you to enroll and you'll have to do it 3 or weeks before your course starts.
Yeah, the payment for the accommodation per term must be made from the start of each term. You can pay for the first term on the 30 of September, second term on 6th of January and the third term on the 23rd April :smile:

Does our Warwick NUS card give discounts the same as normal NUS cards? I mean, should I bother getting an NUS card when we are given one when we enroll?

Don't quote me on this but I think the Warwick NUS card offers less benefits than the external NUS card. I only recently found out about the Warwick NUS card so it seems the benefits of getting an external NUS 'Extra' (I think that's what they're called) card are smaller but still present. I believe you get discounts at a wider variety of places with the external one and it's still worth it.
Is the enrolment process opened? It said you'll receive an email that will ask you to enroll and you'll have to do it 3 or weeks before your course starts.

Enrolment to my knowledge hasn't opened yet. It should open midway through the first week of September or at the end of the first week. You can and should upload a photo to the Warwick website now though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending