The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Liverpool freshers

Hey, me and my friend were wondering if freshers week is just everyone going out to town every night or if there are certain events you have to sign up for or get a wristband for? And if you don't have a wristband can you just pay on the door to get in? Any help would be much appreciated :h:
Reply 1
Yeah you can just pay on the door if you don't have a wristband, which gets you free entry into the events.

These are the 3 which have been announced so far...
http://www.lgos.org/events/scene
http://www.lgos.org/events/secret-warehouse-party
http://www.lgos.org/events/freshers-fest-2013-feat-nick-grimshaw--2

Keep checking the website as I'm sure they'll update it when more are organised. :smile:
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 3
I wouldn't bother getting the wristband. I don't know how much it is this year, but last year you had to go to pretty much all the advertised events (i.e. one a night) for the wristband to be worth it. I very much doubt you'll stick to the advertised Frehsers Week programme for the full two weeks, instead finding other (and almost certainly better) places to go, outside of the wristband "scheme."
Reply 4
Sorry, this might sound stupid, What is it your supposed to do in freshers week? Do you even go university and get to know how everything works? Or is it all getting drunk and stuff. I don't drink, smoke and have never been into a club in my life. Do you think I should attend that week? And btw, is anyone staying at Grenville street?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Hamza357
Sorry, this might sound stupid, What is it your supposed to do in freshers week? Do you even go university and get to know how everything works?

Officially, the university term (Semester 1, Week 1) starts the following Monday. In fresher's week you'll have a few introductory lecture's from your faculty, registration, and a bunch of intro talks from the guild. Generally the only one you really MUST attend is the registration part. There is also the annual fresher's fair which is worth a visit.

Apart from that the majority of time is pretty much your own. There is an organised schedule of social events that yes, do mostly involve drinking but there are exceptions, but you don't have to follow this.

Fresher's week is your own to get to know the city and the people around you.
Reply 6
Original post by WhiteWash
Officially, the university term (Semester 1, Week 1) starts the following Monday. In fresher's week you'll have a few introductory lecture's from your faculty, registration, and a bunch of intro talks from the guild. Generally the only one you really MUST attend is the registration part. There is also the annual fresher's fair which is worth a visit.

Apart from that the majority of time is pretty much your own. There is an organised schedule of social events that yes, do mostly involve drinking but there are exceptions, but you don't have to follow this.

Fresher's week is your own to get to know the city and the people around you.

Thank you,

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending