The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by iSoftie
Whoever said Syria is protecting Israel is an idiot.

Anyways, look at all the videos the rebels are posting about alleged chemical attacks. We'll presume it was sarin being used as another few alleged attacks occurred a months ago and that the weapons haven't changed.
I'm no expert but here's what I know about sarin: it kills in around 1-3 minutes on a full grown man, the littlest dosages kill, there's also a horrible dizziness that occurs since it's a nerve agent; I can even show you a video from my favourite website of a goat being killed by a small canister of sarin gas in a chemical test way back in like the 60s-70s (I felt sorry for that goat).

In all the videos where it includes a "Syrian Sunni citizen warrior" foaming out of the mouth - firstly if it was sarin: they'd be dead by then; the foaming is too white (they're blood/urine/brains are supposed to be leaking out of their mouths) plus they don't look like any of these "valiant rebels" have been hit by probably the deadliest nerve agent there is.
I also saw a video of a girl with dilated pupils screaming in pain and crying out "Assad! Assad! Assad!" and a bit of Arabic, she acted as if Assad himself went over there and shot her up with some DMT/Acid/whatever else - she also didn't look like she's been hit by a nerve agent but more of a hallucinogenic plus the corny Assad calling as if he's killing his own children is enough FSA propaganda to call it a ****ing war.

Syria's a sovereign secular country - Islamists from over 30 different countries (including a militant German underground street rapper, who reminds me of Immortal Technique) invade and are fooled to bring back an Islamic Caliphate and Syria cannot blow them to **** at all? The normal citizens are being murdered and when they fight back they are the terrorists? Assad wouldn't have lasted a month if he was genuinely killing his own people.

Also have you seen a picture of a Syrian soldier in gas masks? NO. Just Takfirists with their Khilafah headbands framing them.

NO! I'm not an Assad fanboy but daaamn he's so much better than any US politician out there (except for Ron Paul). Plus he doesn't ship out guns to terrorists - maybe the Hezbollah but as you can see the Hezbollah don't kill innocents: they kill men invading their lands. Also they're covering up the fact that UN found out that the rebels were the ones that were using some sort of chemical weaponry, this could range from chucking chlorine bleach bottles at the enemy to sarin warheads haha.

Someone who speaks sense

I like you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 581
Original post by iSoftie
Because it's innocent? :rolleyes:
Here dude

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23777201

It isn't a nerve agent. The "expert" used in the above link is saying a load of bull****.

http://www.euronews.com/2013/08/21/expert-casts-doubt-on-chemical-weapons-footage-from-syria/

Sorry Aj12 you are always right I shall not question your opinions nor stand against it. *bows* :wink:

“At this stage everyone wants a ‘yes-no’ answer to chemical attack. But it is too early to draw a conclusion just from these videos,” he added.
From your own link.

Again if this is a true why has Syria not immediately tried to get the UN inspectors to the site? Why not announce their complete and full cooperation with the UN investigation? Why be so reluctant in the first place to have the UN there in the first place despite the fact Russia it's main ally wants them there?

You don't deny UN inspectors into your country because you are innocent. Right now they are the only group that everyone will believe if they do find this was fake or carried out by someone other than Assad
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 582
Original post by moe.habibi
That is half the story, Assad is also protecting Israels ( which is American Dominance ) safety... if Syria was a client of Russia and Iran, then Israel will not sit back and let its north borders be at risk of an enemy.

Dont even tell me that Israel had troops on the Syrian boarder sides, the whole Qunaitra Provence is evacuated LONG time ago for the safety of Israel.

And yes its a genocide :smile: like it or not, Living in syria is different then watching the CNN news strip.

Good point!

Thats exactly why there is a genocide in syria...to protect the israels he kills 200,000..
Dont underestimate the love of israel by the world (USA, and most arab leaders) Go read some history books and you will find out exactly what am talking about, this did not just happen over night :tongue:

Thank god there are still some sane people on here!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 583
Original post by Vagabond Vicky
It is shameless that the U.N. lost it's teeth and spine. They have become an almost worthless organization and to me it is shameful that they even bother to debate the issue endlessly while they do nothing to evacuate women and children civilians.

The syrians have given up on the UN long ago!

...it is as if the UN is saying "we will just sit here and watch you die..we will wait until no syrian is left in syria and then when only bashar and his pro-asses are left they will say now lets sit on the table and discuss what we will do! :rolleyes:

They have become a laughing stock!

everyone knows the games they play now...they might have to change a wee bit to keep their credibility but in the end it doesnt matter what they do, because sadly they have the power and they are deciding who lives and who dies...put in simple terms!

If they dont like the syrian revolution = let them die
if they dont like how arab countries have finally voted for their own leader and have moved forward = lets ruin it for them (send AG, and MIG to support the coup)

They are a bunch of sickos who get paid to just sit about and faff around!!!
Original post by iSoftie
Syria's a sovereign secular country - Islamists from over 30 different countries (including a militant German underground street rapper, who reminds me of Immortal Technique) invade and are fooled to bring back an Islamic Caliphate and Syria cannot blow them to **** at all? The normal citizens are being murdered and when they fight back they are the terrorists? Assad wouldn't have lasted a month if he was genuinely killing his own people.

Also have you seen a picture of a Syrian soldier in gas masks? NO. Just Takfirists with their Khilafah headbands framing them.

you clearly have a think grasp of both the fundamentals of secularism, and the politics of Syria. Either that, or you think sprinkling the word 'secular' in your posts dresses-up Assad as some liberal? or faintly gives you an air of lofty sagacity? Or all?

Here is a copy-and-paste from on of my earlier posts:

I would not classify Syria as secular. The vestige of Michel Aflaq secularism has transmogrified into a sectarian dynastic regime off the minority Alawites in government and exploiting its political and economic predominance.

The Syrian constitution mandates that the office of the presidency is occupied by a Muslim. The government manages the nomination of Muslim clergy, and political rights and status of Muslim women is governed by Sharia. The Lebanese constitution mandates a Maronite Christian as the President, a Sunni Muslim as the PM, a Shiite Muslim as the Speaker of parliament. The sectarian idiosyncrasy of the political arrangement lends itself towards religious political discrimination within the institutions of government (in a crude simulacrum of the separation of powers doctrine). There isn't a firm separation between the political and personal spheres of traditional Western secular exemplars. It exhibits a nominal ersatz secularism as a one-party state with al-Assad as its dictator.

NO! I'm not an Assad fanboy but daaamn he's so much better than any US politician out there (except for Ron Paul).

You proclaim to not being "an Assad fanboy" but actively take steps to ensure his dictatorial rule is cemented. Do you really think you can oppose al-Assad and fascism with your simpering and etiolated gestures of some incondite version of liberalism?

And only a libertarian could proudly cheerlead Ron Paul by defending al-Assad. It's almost like you're urinating on your libertarian ideals and values ...
Original post by Ama2007
Thats exactly why there is a genocide in syria...to protect the israels he kills 200,000..

Assad is protecting Israel? Lol. Are you deranged? :s-smilie: :dong:

Please explain in faintly legible prose.
Reply 586
Original post by Lord Hysteria
Assad is protecting Israel? Lol. Are you deranged? :s-smilie: :dong:

Please explain in faintly legible prose.

Yes, he is and has been since he handed the Golan Heights to them. Assad has two sides to him in case you havent noticed. On one side he comes out as the liberal leader who is apparently trying to fight terrorism in syria so guess what the west love that idea....he is also loved by some crazy arabs who dont give a damn about the world apart from their direct interests, when I say arabs I mean arab leaders and they think assad is defending palestine from Israel. All is BS.

Back when he pretended he was supporting Hamas and the likes, what now? This topic is very complicated and detailed so I suggest you get some books from the library or good sites which will give you a good view and the reasons behind this current war is not that simple. its not as black and white as some may think!!!

Israel is very happy with Bashar al assad right now....Netanyaho said a while back "we will never find a better ally than bashar...." look it up if you dont believe me. When syria was attacked by israelie rockets...did bashar respond? NO he didnt...why? because Israel is not the real enemy here...the syrians are...he is a maniac so you should expect that type of actions from him.

He came here to the UK to study thats as far as some peoples knowledge goes...his wife is very charitable, nice kids...thus nice president??? very naive!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 587
Original post by Silent Witness
Iraq gets destroyed for supposedly having weapons of mass destruction (mass deception) and the Syrian regime kills over 1300 people with sarin gas and all the world has is empty statements of condemnation.

This is hypocrisy on another level.

No one confirmed over 1300 dead, which is absolute bull anyway.

where was the condemnation when america handed Iraq chemical weapons to use against iran back in the iraq-iran war?

30 years on, we're supposed take this country at face value?
Reply 588
Original post by Aj12
Yeah your stretching this to insane levels. A town in the middle of a warzone is going to pull off that sort of fakery on such a large scale that has deceived chemical weapons experts who have seen the videos and pictures from the site. Which included hundreds of dead bodies, people in hospitals, people foaming at the mouth, their pupils dilating and their skin taking on blue/grey tint associated with asphyxiation. The rebels carrying it out themselves would be more plausible then this being fake.

I don't really care what you think the UN is. If this was faked Syria should be jumping at the chance of outside verification that this is fake, especially when that comes from world renown chemical weapon experts. I'm sure you had faith in the UN when it did not find WMD's in Iraq yet when it could come to conclusions that do not fit your world view suddenly it is not independent.

When has the united nations EVER levelled sanctions against america for all the wars it's found itself involved in? drones, guantanamo bay?? All this is an outrageous violation of international law.

america is above the law anyway.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Ama2007
Yes, he is and has been since he handed the Golan Heights to them. Assad has two sides to him in case you havent noticed. On one side he comes out as the liberal leader who is apparently trying to fight terrorism in syria so guess what the west love that idea....he is also loved by some crazy arabs who dont give a damn about the world apart from their direct interests, when I say arabs I mean arab leaders and they think assad is defending palestine from Israel. All is BS.*

...huh? You do know that Syria lost the Golan in a war before either the first or the current Assad was in power? And that Hafiz al-Assad went to war to try to recapture it? And then conducted a proxy war with Israel in Lebanon for 15 years? Do you know any of this?
Original post by Ama2007

Back when he pretended he was supporting Hamas and the likes, what now? This topic is very complicated and detailed so I suggest you get some books from the library or good sites which will give you a good view and the reasons behind this current war is not that simple. its not as black and white as some may think!!!
These would be some wacky conspiracy websites, presumably?
Original post by Ama2007

Israel is very happy with Bashar al assad right now....Netanyaho said a while back "we will never find a better ally than bashar...." look it up if you dont believe me. Um...no he didn't. I didn't believe you, so I looked it up, and, surprise surprise, he didn't say it. Where do you come up with this stuff?

Original post by Ama2007
When syria was attacked by israelie rockets...did bashar respond? NO he didnt...why? because Israel is not the real enemy here...the syrians are...he is a maniac so you should expect that type of actions from him. I don't suppose it ever occurred to you that he wants to stay in power, and knows that confronting Israel directly when he is already engaged in civil war might be the end of him? And that that doesn't make Israel and Assad besties? I mean, you did just point out that Israel has been blowing his **** up.

Really. I mean, really.v
Reply 590
Original post by Rovey
When has the united nations EVER levelled sanctions against america for all the wars it's found itself involved in? drones, guantanamo bay?? All this is an outrageous violation of international law.

america is above the law anyway.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

What has the UN's position on America got to do with anything here? It has not put sanctions on Russia or China or any member of the UNSC as they can veto it. Better the UN does what it can where it can, than does nothing towards any nation because of the flawed design of the UNSC.

Anyway why is it no one seems able to answer this issue without deflecting it. If Syria was not guilty of chemical weapons use then why is Assad's government not fully cooperating with the UN?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 591
Original post by AdvanceAndVanquish
...huh? You do know that Syria lost the Golan in a war before either the first or the current Assad was in power? And that Hafiz al-Assad went to war to try to recapture it? And then conducted a proxy war with Israel in Lebanon for 15 years? Do you know any of this?
These would be some wacky conspiracy websites, presumably?
Um...no he didn't. I didn't believe you, so I looked it up, and, surprise surprise, he didn't say it. Where do you come up with this stuff?

I don't suppose it ever occurred to you that he wants to stay in power, and knows that confronting Israel directly when he is already engaged in civil war might be the end of him? And that that doesn't make Israel and Assad besties? I mean, you did just point out that Israel has been blowing his **** up.

Really. I mean, really.v

Bashar and israel are lovers under the table, this whole war was because of them. I dont blame you for not knowing anything about syria. your knowledge stretches from TSR, the SUN, daily mail? what other sources do you suggest that are less wacky? so i can look at them and find out exactly why syria gave the Golan heights to israel long before you were born, I have a hard evidence of exaclty what went in that day, the Golan was not fought for it was handed to them by Hafez, He commanded the leader to retreat back and turn all the tanks back down the Golan and they all had to run bare foot because Hafez told them the israels were coming after them when in fact the israels were sitting drinking coffee on the other side because they made a deal with Hafez and this deal so far has not been broken? do you even know what it is? no

You have wasted my time enough already, am not going to waste anymore of it!!!
Reply 592
Original post by Ama2007
Bashar and israel are lovers under the table, this whole war was because of them!

That's just borderline ignorant.
Original post by Ama2007
Bashar and israel are lovers under the table, this whole war was because of them. I dont blame you for not knowing anything about syria. your knowledge stretches from TSR, the SUN, daily mail? what other sources do you suggest that are less wacky? so i can look at them and find out exactly why syria gave the Golan heights to israel long before you were born, I have a hard evidence of exaclty what went in that day, the Golan was not fought for it was handed to them by Hafez, He commanded the leader to retreat back and turn all the tanks back down the Golan and they all had to run bare foot because Hafez told them the israels were coming after them when in fact the israels were sitting drinking coffee on the other side because they made a deal with Hafez and this deal so far has not been broken? do you even know what it is? no

You have wasted my time enough already, am not going to waste anymore of it!!!

Basically, this boils down to you thinking that reading a few conspiracy websites makes you more informed than people who are actually...you know...informed. I notice you avoided citing any sources for the extraordinarily strange claims you have made, yet again.
Original post by Rovey
No one confirmed over 1300 dead, which is absolute bull anyway.

where was the condemnation when america handed Iraq chemical weapons to use against iran back in the iraq-iran war?

30 years on, we're supposed take this country at face value?

Of course, no-one can confirm the number of dead because the regime does not allow them access. Hmm, I wonder why.

Unless you're going to suggest that the videos circulating the internet depicting the dead and revealing the horrific result of the attack were faked in a studio, then it is not "absolute bull" as you mildly put it.

I'm not suggesting that America is an angel - your point further emphasises my point on double standards and hypocrisy that exist today.
Reply 595
Of course, no-one can confirm the number of dead because the regime does not allow them access. Hmm, I wonder why.

Unless you're going to suggest that the videos circulating the internet depicting the dead and revealing the horrific result of the attack were faked in a studio, then it is not "absolute bull" as you mildly put it.

I'm not suggesting that America is an angel - your point further emphasises my point on double standards and hypocrisy that exist today.

"I wonder why" because they don't want to be framed? Don't ignore the odd timing of this false flag episode.

it is absolute ball as all cw attacks in this war were shown to be from the terrorists, not by the SAA.
Original post by Rovey
"I wonder why" because they don't want to be framed? Don't ignore the odd timing of this false flag episode.

it is absolute ball as all cw attacks in this war were shown to be from the terrorists, not by the SAA.

You are clearly deluded if you believe that the regime is refusing to allow the UN access to the areas where there were reported attacks because they believe they might be framed. The reality is, the regime has something to hide.

Have you not thought about the fact that if the FSA had managed to get its hands on chemical weapons (which are heavily guarded), their target would be the regime's high command rather than innocent civilians?
Reply 597
You are clearly deluded if you believe that the regime is refusing to allow the UN access to the areas where there were reported attacks because they believe they might be framed. The reality is, the regime has something to hide.

No mate, YOU'RE the deluded one here thinking the UN is a credible outlet.

the reality is, the syrians are fighting a foreign funded foreign aided islamic, al qaeda insurgency.

Have you not thought about the fact that if the FSA had managed to get its hands on chemical weapons (which are heavily guarded), their target would be the regime's high command rather than innocent civilians?

Here's your peace loving freedom fighters using chemical agents and claiming to possess sarin gas:

http://youtu.be/YySiItZK6wE

http://youtu.be/gnq8mGTSkIQ

You haven't thought about the fact the powers that be orchestrating all this provided the terrorists with CW, have you?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 598

Its just one of the many crazy accusations they come up with! They will kill and claim to be the victims its what they do best at!

The pro-asses are getting paid the ones in syria but I dont get the ones outside syria why be so deluded to the truth.

This is not new. To be honest am not surprised by their reaction

They denied that the Houla massacre happened, they accused the rebels of killing their own children, even a psychopath wont believe that?

They denied the bakery massacre in Ghouta, they denied the last chemical attack and blamed the rebels...lol why would they stop now? thats there pattern thats their way around things....deny deny deny deny!

If the rebels had chemical weapons what do you think they would have done? hmm let me think, bombed their own children rather than aim it at bashar, what a joke...you made me laugh so much, you deserve some credit Rovey :biggrin:

Have you ever been to syria? Do you know how guarded the chemical weapons are? do you know who works with them? Do you know who controls them, who sends command to use them? You clearly havent the slightest about how things work in syria. You are acting as if syria is just like any normal country actually more like an EU country with laws and everything....

Bashar will never admit his crimes unless you physically catch him and teach him a lesson or two about humanity and then he might tell you that he committed all those massacres...
Original post by Ama2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bDcFlxDjDY0

Please watch it if you want to get a general view of what happened last night. Be warned its not for the faint hearted
(...)

Bad pictures. I feel pity for Syrians, especially for children. How far Assad still wants to go? What can be done to stop this horrible actions? Who want to do anything? questions upon questions when I watch the video...
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending