The Student Room Group
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland

Social Sciences (Paisley)

Just posting this to find other people who are starting the Social Sciences with Options course this September!
Looking forward to meeting new people :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I've posted this in the UWS application thread but yeah, I'm also doing Social sciences at Paisley. Can't wait to start now!

See you all there!
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland
Reply 2
I am :smile: I'm really nervous but kinda looking forward to it.
Reply 3
I am, very nervous !
Reply 4
Original post by caitlinl
I am :smile: I'm really nervous but kinda looking forward to it.

Yeah I'm looking forward to it as well! I'm just really curious as to what the timetable will be like!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RPaterson13
Yeah I'm looking forward to it as well! I'm just really curious as to what the timetable will be like!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was also wondering about timetables, I'm pretty sure I remeber finding some example stuff on the website. But I've been looking again just now and can't seem too find it.
Reply 6
Original post by ConorWilson
I was also wondering about timetables, I'm pretty sure I remeber finding some example stuff on the website. But I've been looking again just now and can't seem too find it.

I'm not sure about timetables, but I found the module list on the website a few days ago, I'll post it here if I can find it again!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RPaterson13
I'm not sure about timetables, but I found the module list on the website a few days ago, I'll post it here if I can find it again!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool, I'll try and find the timetable examples or whatever!
I've been bored and having a look around the UWS website to see what I could find...

So far I've found the induction time table, A module list for the paisley campus and a timetable for the hamiltion social science course for year 2...

www.uws.ac.uk/workarea/downloadasset.aspx?id=2147511105
www.uws.ac.uk/workarea/downloadasset.aspx?id=2147511514
www.uws.ac.uk/workarea/downloadasset.aspx?id=2147519489

Also, has anybody heard anything from the Uni? I've not heard anything since my ucas confirmation arrived.
Reply 9
I've been bored and having a look around the UWS website to see what I could find...

So far I've found the induction time table, A module list for the paisley campus and a timetable for the hamiltion social science course for year 2...

www.uws.ac.uk/workarea/downloadasset.aspx?id=2147511105
www.uws.ac.uk/workarea/downloadasset.aspx?id=2147511514
www.uws.ac.uk/workarea/downloadasset.aspx?id=2147519489

Also, has anybody heard anything from the Uni? I've not heard anything since my ucas confirmation arrived.

I haven't had anything except a letter from the university telling me I was accepted with a few leaflets on freshers week etc.
Original post by Demihunter
I haven't had anything except a letter from the university telling me I was accepted with a few leaflets on freshers week etc.

I haven't heard a thing from the university and I'm starting to get a bit worried. I've had my Ucas confirmation but that's it.
Reply 11
I haven't heard a thing from the university and I'm starting to get a bit worried. I've had my Ucas confirmation but that's it.

Wait until next week and then I would advise you to phone up. I'm starting to feel more nervous incase I don't meet new friends at freshers week or at the course.
Original post by Demihunter
Wait until next week and then I would advise you to phone up. I'm starting to feel more nervous incase I don't meet new friends at freshers week or at the course.

Thanks, will do! I'm kind of the same but I'm sure it'll be fine. Everybody will be feeling the same and are probably just as nervours as we are.
Reply 13
Hi everyone, I am also starting social science this September in paisley, have been wondering why I haven't received any information from the university hopefully we will soon but. Looking forward to meeting everyone :smile:x
Original post by stacey1
Hi everyone, I am also starting social science this September in paisley, have been wondering why I haven't received any information from the university hopefully we will soon but. Looking forward to meeting everyone :smile:x

I've not heard anything either, but I email the uni today and the said the they're currently emailing the welcome email and they'll be out soon. The Induction timetable is on the website as well.
Reply 15
Thanks, :smile: a seen the induction timetable on the website but am not sure a was looking at the correct timetable, it said online that we started on the Wednesday 18th September but my ucas letter said we start on Monday 16th September? x
Original post by stacey1
Thanks, :smile: a seen the induction timetable on the website but am not sure a was looking at the correct timetable, it said online that we started on the Wednesday 18th September but my ucas letter said we start on Monday 16th September? x

Just checked mine there, it just says september 2013 on mine. I'm guessing the induction timetable will be right. I'm sure it'll be made clear on the welcome e-mail. If we ever get one that is...
Reply 17
Just checked mine there, it just says september 2013 on mine. I'm guessing the induction timetable will be right. I'm sure it'll be made clear on the welcome e-mail. If we ever get one that is...

Has anyone heard from the university ?
Reply 18
hey :smile: I got a booklet in from the university, a guide for new students and also a welcome and induction 2013, it came on Monday but that's all I have. Have you received anything yet? The booklet says our start date is Wednesday 13th September 09:30 in P118.
Reply 19
Original post by stacey1
hey :smile: I got a booklet in from the university, a guide for new students and also a welcome and induction 2013, it came on Monday but that's all I have. Have you received anything yet? The booklet says our start date is Wednesday 13th September 09:30 in P118.

The 13th i thought it was the 18th for some reason haha. Are you living at halls ?

Quick Reply

Latest