The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield Accommodation?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by heshop
Yeah I just looked up Opal and it didn't look bad. I applied on Monday though and they still haven't got back to me, do you think I should call them?

I would just to put your mind at ease :smile: yeah I'm sure it's not too bad and at least there are quite a lot of people there
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 101
Original post by heshop
I'm in the same position! I already have my doubts about going this year so I might just not bother because I reckon I'd feel isolated outside of the villages

I'm in the exact same situation! I did a gap year too so need to go this year. I went to view endcliffe today and the woman basically just laughed at me when I asked if there was any free accommodation. I asked at the union about opal 2 and that's all fully booked, the only free one was opal 3 further down the street. Has anyone heard anything better about their accommodation? Hope it's better than my experience so far!!!
Original post by _Rebecca
I'm in the exact same situation! I did a gap year too so need to go this year. I went to view endcliffe today and the woman basically just laughed at me when I asked if there was any free accommodation. I asked at the union about opal 2 and that's all fully booked, the only free one was opal 3 further down the street. Has anyone heard anything better about their accommodation? Hope it's better than my experience so far!!!

I have been told we wont find out anything for sure until early September so there is no point in calling I'm afraid. I'm sure it will all work out best just to join societies and get involved wherever you live.
Reply 103
Original post by _Rebecca

I wouldnt give up all hope yet - I looked at old threads last year and people still got places in the villages or Opal 2 because people drop their places during August. I'm trying to stay positive but it would really suck if I end up with nothing :frown:
Reply 104
Original post by doowahdoo
I've finished 1st year and lived in B Block Howden.

Here's some things that I wanted to know so shall answer...

- Most blocks shall be like A+B together, C+D together. So if you're B1 Howden, your neighbours shall be A1. And then C1 shall be the block next door, but you cannot get into there with your key fob. So again if you're B1, above you shall be B2, then B3 and so forth.

- I don't think you'll get to know whether you're mixed sex or not. If you've applied for single sex then you'll be with all girls/boys. There are random flats about that are all girls and boys. For example A+B blocks for Howden I think were all mixed sex flats of 6-8 people, but then A5 were a group of 6 girls with 2 deluxe rooms. So it's all very random!

- It's not first come first serve. So if you realised you could apply for accommodation a few days after you realised, don't worry, it's all random!

- You'll also not automatically be put with certain people. Like if you do Law, you won't be put with Law people. It's all random.

- Take photo's of EVERYTHING in your flat when you 1st move in. You'll be wanting to speak to people but everyone shall be in their room's with their families moving in, so take photo's of everything in your room, the corridors, kitchen and living area.

- A must for freshers...a door stop!! The doors are heavy, your bin just won't hold the door.

- Go across to your neighbours and ask them to come and play cards or something. We were very scared to, but now I'm living with all of them!

- Don't be scared! When you 1st bring your stuff up to your new flat it's the most surreal experience ever with random people coming and moving into rooms. But after 2 nights, you'll feel like you've known them forever. Also, take the 1st step and offer to make a cup of tea...I didn't like tea very much; but I drank a lot of it during the 1st couple of days!

Any other questions go ahead and ask guys!

Strange question, but what colour are the flats in B block? I'm in B2 and don't want to bring really clashing bedding etc Haha
Thanks! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 105
Original post by caaaaaath
Strange question, but what colour are the flats in B block? I'm in B2 and don't want to bring really clashing bedding etc Haha
Thanks! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not a strange question at all I ended up emailing the Uni to ask because I didn't want to bring wrong bedding :P! It's quite a delightful green, it's actually quite nice :smile:. You're in a flat of 8 mixed if it's the same as last year. Enjoy!
Reply 106
Not a strange question at all I ended up emailing the Uni to ask because I didn't want to bring wrong bedding :P! It's quite a delightful green, it's actually quite nice :smile:. You're in a flat of 8 mixed if it's the same as last year. Enjoy!

Thank you! Is it like grass green or a bluey green? Sorry! Haha :smile: thank you so much though, I thought I was the only person who actually wanted to know because it's been so hard to find out! I thought it'd be about that number, thank you so much :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 107
Original post by caaaaaath
Thank you! Is it like grass green or a bluey green? Sorry! Haha :smile: thank you so much though, I thought I was the only person who actually wanted to know because it's been so hard to find out! I thought it'd be about that number, thank you so much :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've attached a picture I've cropped just to show the colour! It's that green in the front room, kitchen, hallway and your rooms. Haha no worries, I really wanted to know! No worries :biggrin:
Reply 108
Hello guys. I received an offer and paid the deposit. Now I have to register an arrival date and time in the E-induction site. When I get to the necessary web page there is a table that says

Name: My_Name Accommodation: Invalid column name 'Residence'.

Why does it show invalid column name and what should I do now ? There are buttons with dates where I can pick one. Should I report this problem with the accommodation name.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 109
Original post by SARAH_ADELE
anyone looking for accommodation on west street in second third or 4th year there is a flat called "apartment 9 regents terrace" through a letting shop called "home accommodation" in broomhill the flat is lovely and spacious there are 3 of us already and looking for 4 more people to join the flat
if you have a look around it or sign for it please state that sarah osman recommended it thanks
any questions about the flat text me on 07950390191 :smile:
sarah! xx:smile:

Hey there! I am interested, if you have any vacancy left. I'm an international postgrad (female), and if there's any chance at it, please reply with your email :smile:
Reply 110
I've attached a picture I've cropped just to show the colour! It's that green in the front room, kitchen, hallway and your rooms. Haha no worries, I really wanted to know! No worries :biggrin:

Thank you so much! That's so helpful! Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've finished 1st year and lived in B Block Howden.

Hey, im living in A1, just wondering if you know how many people will live in that flat? so far ive found 2 boys so its mixed :smile:
Is anyone else still waiting on an offer? It's probably because I didn't apply until the 16th (got in through adjustment) but I'm starting to worry.

Should I just sit tight and wait? I feel like if I email them I'd be bothering them.
Reply 113
Original post by hungryatafuneral
Is anyone else still waiting on an offer? It's probably because I didn't apply until the 16th (got in through adjustment) but I'm starting to worry.

Should I just sit tight and wait? I feel like if I email them I'd be bothering them.

Apparently they deal with everyone who had insurance offers or got in through clearing/adjustment from the 1st, so don't worry :smile: we'll find out next week! The wait is so frustrating though I want to find out! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rooosy
Apparently they deal with everyone who had insurance offers or got in through clearing/adjustment from the 1st, so don't worry :smile: we'll find out next week! The wait is so frustrating though I want to find out! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not long left then, that's put my mind at rest, thanks :smile:

I know! Everyone on here finding out their flat mates is making me impatient, and it doesn't help that my old firm is still emailing me accommodation stuff (reckon I could commute from Plymouth to Sheffield? :P)
Reply 115
Hey, I was wondering if anyone already at the uni could help me, what's the uni's policy on overnight visitors? Do they check at all/have a sort of signing-in system? (Looking particularly for info about endcliffe, but any info at all would be appreciated :smile: )
Original post by RobRob94
Hey, I was wondering if anyone already at the uni could help me, what's the uni's policy on overnight visitors? Do they check at all/have a sort of signing-in system? (Looking particularly for info about endcliffe, but any info at all would be appreciated :smile: )

I don't think we had to sign in any overnight visitors at Ranmoor, or atleast I never did. I would just say that it would be nice if you gave your flatmates a heads up that you were having someone stay over, it's just nice to know who's in your house, if you get what I mean. Definitely keep it reasonable in how often you have people staying over, and if you're gilfriend is staying over, keep the noise down at 3am, because by god it doesn't half travel and piss your next door neighbour off!
Reply 117
Original post by hungryatafuneral
Not long left then, that's put my mind at rest, thanks :smile:

I know! Everyone on here finding out their flat mates is making me impatient, and it doesn't help that my old firm is still emailing me accommodation stuff (reckon I could commute from Plymouth to Sheffield? :P)

Hey I'm in plymouth going to sheffield too! :smile: it's my insurance as well so still waiting for my accommodation :tongue:

Edit: oops I just realised your firm must have been plymouth :3 silly me...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Just wondering if anyone else is in catered accommodation in the Endcliffe Village? I've been allocated to Jonas Court which is also ensuite, anyone in there? I cant seem to find much information about it at all :s-smilie: Is there anyone that has lived there before that could give me details about room colour/size or how many people share a flat? I'd really appreciate it!
Hi I have been allocated in Endcliffe Stephenson hall room s24 which is catered I am looking for a non catered hall.

If interested please let me know thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending