A - Biology
A - English Lang.
A - English Lit.
A - German
B - Maths
B - Chemistry
B - Drama
Distinction* - Performing Arts

Sort of semi-disappointed but whatever :frown: Will these get me into Russell Group unis?

Congrats on the results, they're definitely enough to get into a Russell Group uni, just carry on the hard work into A-Level :smile:.
Reply 8401
Distinction - Business
A - English Language
A - History
AA - ICT
A - RE
B - English Literature
B - Geography
C - Maths
CC - Science

Have to admit I am disappointed with Geography and English Lit. They could had been As. These results are obviously poor in comparison to student room members, but will AAA/AAB/ABB universities think they're okay?

I'm also taking English Lit at A-Level. So really worried I only got a B.

Also, my school didn't give me a sheet with my breakdown of results and exams on. Only the overall grade. Its really frustrated me as I can't compare if it was the poetry or novel exam in Literature that let me down. Do you think I've got a right to get these sheets from the school?
B - English Language
B - English Literature
C - Biolgy (very disapointed :frown: )
B - Physics
A - Chemistry
B - RS
C - German
B - French
B - Spanish
C - Geography

I guess they're alright but I was predicted a lot of A's :frown: I don't know what happened.
From AQA website:
"Re-marks - we will not charge if the grade changes. If the grade stays the same, a fee is payable.
If the overall grade changes, all reviewed units are free of charge even if their own unit grades did not change
"

I thought that even if ur mark increases by at least 1,then u get ur money back regardless of ur overall grade changing??:confused: Also,I'm planning on getting my Lit unit 1 exam re-marked so if my overall grade changes afterwards,will my unit 2 and unit 3 also get re-marked free of charge??
Original post by paradoxicalme
That's not true. I know people who have gotten into Oxbridge after resitting their entire AS year - why would they reject him for just resitting his Lang exam, when he's only been in the country a few years and already has some stellar results?

Because I emailed them and they told me that they still will look at the previous grade, and they are likely to reject someone who has retaken after GCSEs have been done. Well, that was for medicine. maybe for other subjects it is different, and there are some special circumstances where they would consider re-sits. But, if he wants to re-sit then ok. And if you retake in AS it's there's not much problem as (well what we were told in school) it won't be counted as a re-sit. After A-Levels (so when A2 is finished) if you re-sit, then they may not consider you. However, this was for medicine, so for other subjects they will obviously be a bit more lenient. And I say more or less, but I didn't say definitely, so there is a chance for him to get in. However, I don't think he should, because he still has excellent grades and should really concentrate on his A-Levels. Also, they've now said that re-takes happen in June now, and they don't do Jan retakes. Though maybe the do November, I'm not sure. But I think he should probably just leave it, and focus more on achieving great results in A-Levels.
Original post by theJdog
Because I emailed them and they told me that they still will look at the previous grade, and they are likely to reject someone who has retaken after GCSEs have been done. Well, that was for medicine. maybe for other subjects it is different, and there are some special circumstances where they would consider re-sits. But, if he wants to re-sit then ok. And if you retake in AS it's there's not much problem as (well what we were told in school) it won't be counted as a re-sit. After A-Levels (so when A2 is finished) if you re-sit, then they may not consider you. However, this was for medicine, so for other subjects they will obviously be a bit more lenient. And I say more or less, but I didn't say definitely, so there is a chance for him to get in. However, I don't think he should, because he still has excellent grades and should really concentrate on his A-Levels. Also, they've now said that re-takes happen in June now, and they don't do Jan retakes. Though maybe the do November, I'm not sure. But I think he should probably just leave it, and focus more on achieving great results in A-Levels.

I get it now, but medicine's VERY different to other courses. I think if he wants to he should, but it won't do him much harm if he doesn't. And I didn't mean people retaking GCSEs during AS - I mean I've seen people retaking their entire AS year who have gotten into great unis including Oxbridge. One even got in for medicine (I forget which uni though.)
Original post by RafaTennis
That's very untrue I'm afraid; they will still consider you 100% - I know many people at Oxford who resat one of their GCSEs or more and still got in. Just don't retake too many.

Well, maybe it depends on the course. I emailed them and they told me this, but that was for Medicine. Maybe for his course they probably are more lenient. All the people who went into Oxford with resits, what course where they doing?. If they did the course he's doing then fine, he should retake, but if not then maybe he should re-consider. It really depends on the course.
I get it now, but medicine's VERY different to other courses. I think if he wants to he should, but it won't do him much harm if he doesn't. And I didn't mean people retaking GCSEs during AS - I mean I've seen people retaking their entire AS year who have gotten into great unis including Oxbridge. One even got in for medicine (I forget which uni though.)

That's what I'm saying that it won't really affect him as much if he doesn't retake, and I get that he's doing a different course, and he's going to retake whilst he is doing A-Levels, which is much different than retaking an entire AS. Do you mean that they've retaken in A2? That won't be considered a retake, because (well I was told) it's like retaking a year 10 GCSE in year 11. But he's going to retake after he's finished his GCSE year. But if he wants to then fine.
Original post by theJdog
That's what I'm saying that it won't really affect him as much if he doesn't retake, and I get that he's doing a different course, and he's going to retake whilst he is doing A-Levels, which is much different than retaking an entire AS. Do you mean that they've retaken in A2? That won't be considered a retake, because (well I was told) it's like retaking a year 10 GCSE in year 11. But he's going to retake after he's finished his GCSE year. But if he wants to then fine.

No, I mean they've repeated their entire AS year and retaken all of their AS exams.
Can i ask? Is: A* Eng lit, A* french, A Maths, A History, A Philosophy, A Biology, A Latin, B Physics, B Eng Lang good? So overall 2A*s, 5As and 2Bs (Including 4 igcse's)
Is that a good set of results because i feel quite
disappointed
Hey guys. Just wanted to know about WJEC English Literature and Language - what was the UMS needed for A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everyone, can I ask do I have a chance of getting into medicine with 8 A*'s, 3 A's and 1 B (in humanities which I did in year 9)???
especially a uni like birmingham cuz I always wanted to go there.....
thanks...just need some reassurance.......
Original post by pathosL
1A* 6A 3B it's fair though, could of done better :smile:

1A* 5A 4B!
You beat me by one A :wink:
Any disappointments/pleasant surprises?
No, I mean they've repeated their entire AS year and retaken all of their AS exams.

Yes, but when? Whilst they were in their second year of A-Levels? (meaning in A2). Or they took a gap year?
Original post by Meliss
1A* 5A 4B!
You beat me by one A :wink:
Any disappointments/pleasant surprises?

Yay! We got the same roughly :biggrin: I got 1.5 A*, 5As and 3Bs. And yeah I'm actually really disappointed with myself, because I could have done better. Well done for your results :smile: Are you happy?
This may be a stupid question :tongue: Just out of curiosity, on the results sheet what do the points in the points column mean? For example, I had 58, 52 etc. What do they contribute towards? :confused:
Original post by Heytherehello
Can i ask? Is: A* Eng lit, A* french, A Maths, A History, A Philosophy, A Biology, A Latin, B Physics, B Eng Lang good? So overall 2A*s, 5As and 2Bs (Including 4 igcse's)
Is that a good set of results because i feel quite
disappointed

I swear you've already commented before? Those are brilliant results! Were you expecting a bit more? I understand how you feel, because I'm really upset with mine too. I feel I could have done so much better.
Original post by theJdog
Yes, but when? Whilst they were in their second year of A-Levels? (meaning in A2). Or they took a gap year?

They stayed an extra year at sixth form, repeated AS in that second year (the first year being when they bombed AS), then in their third year took A2.
They stayed an extra year at sixth form, repeated AS in that second year (the first year being when they bombed AS), then in their third year took A2.
Well, I think that might depend on the uni, and the course, but technically he still retook his AS whilst finishing off his A-Levels (not after finishing them if you get what I mean).
Original post by sweet_gyal97
Hey everyone, can I ask do I have a chance of getting into medicine with 8 A*'s, 3 A's and 1 B (in humanities which I did in year 9)???
especially a uni like birmingham cuz I always wanted to go there.....
thanks...just need some reassurance.......

You can definitely go for medicine. Birmingham might be difficult because they're INCREDIBLY hot on GCSEs, but I think 8A* should be enough for them, so go for it :smile:

Latest