The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tibbz2
Unless you get 10+ A*'s, when you come to TSR you will be depressed :tongue: :frown:

Well the only thing that matters is I got A's-A*'s in the subjects I'm doing for A-levels.
Reply 1961
Original post by EvasiveRose
You did 14 GCSE's :eek:. We were only allowed to do 9

I feel his pain.... :tongue:

Same! :lol:

Original post by Darnell LD97
Well the only thing that matters is I got A's-A*'s in the subjects I'm doing for A-levels.

Yup, once you've done A Levels then GCSEs really are just about redundant for Uni applications :biggrin:
Reply 1962
I've piled all my books together and it's so big omg :frown:
Original post by Tibbz2
Same! :lol:

:five:
:cry:

lol I'm not that depressed :grin: I guess I should be glad about my results, my parents were over the moon lol and I'm going to be more motivated for A levels. Also im not going to apply for Oxbridge I'd rather go to Imperial College. :biggrin:
Reply 1965

:tongue:

lol I'm not that depressed :grin: I guess I should be glad about my results, my parents were over the moon lol and I'm going to be more motivated for A levels. Also im not going to apply for Oxbridge I'd rather go to Imperial College. :biggrin:

You should, they're great results.

I have also stricken Oxbridge off of my list, even though it was never really on there... I'm heading to Lancaster if I can, definitely one of the best physics Uni's in the country, right behind Oxford, but not as high entry requirements. My cousin also did his degree/phd there and now works there, so hopefully I can follow in his footsteps lol!
Reply 1966
The album Exile by Hurts is so so so good

Original post by Tibbz2
:tongue:

You should, they're great results.

I have also stricken Oxbridge off of my list, even though it was never really on there... I'm heading to Lancaster if I can, definitely one of the best physics Uni's in the country, right behind Oxford, but not as high entry requirements. My cousin also did his degree/phd there and now works there, so hopefully I can follow in his footsteps lol!

Cambridge is still open to the both of you.
Just smash your A-Level exams, ace the interviews and the entry requirements.
But it seems you guys have other plans. Good luck to the both of you

Thanks and good luck to your future career pathway :biggrin:
Wow you did amazing I'm slightly depressed, because I only got 3A*s 7A's 1B and 3C's :frown:

Thank you, but your grades are still outstanding! Don't be disheartened haha!
What A-levels are you doing? :smile:
Reply 1970

The reason I struck it off so to say, is because I actually don't want to go there :eek: shocker I know... I just feel the pressure and stuff would be too much to get in and also to study there...
Original post by LeFailFish
I'm not surprised!! I would be ecstatic if I had achieved that! Thanks :smile: Yeah I took a few extra GCSEs... partially because I'm indecisive and was offered all of them and didn't know which to say no to :tongue: and partially because my friend and I made a pact to do them together. We got exactly the same results too :eek: it was strange!

I've not made a definite decision yet. I'm looking into medicine, but obviously that's such a hard area to get into and I'd need to see what extra-curricular stuff I would have to do to get into a good medical school. I'm also looking at bioscience type things - biochemistry, biomedicine and that sort of area. What about you? What uni courses are you considering? :smile:

I'm in EXACTLY the same boat... Not entirelyy sure on medicine simply because I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket with it being so ridiculously competitive.. Considering chemistry or biochemistry or even chemical engineering if not medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HeyThereHarry
Thank you, but your grades are still outstanding! Don't be disheartened haha!
What A-levels are you doing? :smile:

I'm doing Physics, Chemistry, Further maths and Maths what about you?
Thanks and good luck to your future career pathway :biggrin:

Thanks

Original post by Tibbz2
The reason I struck it off so to say, is because I actually don't want to go there :eek: shocker I know... I just feel the pressure and stuff would be too much to get in and also to study there...

I was going to say that but then I saw that you mentioned wanting to go to Lancater and I thought lets just add 'Good Luck' at the end of this :tongue:
I'm doing Physics, Chemistry, Further maths and Maths what about you?

Oh, well good luck :smile:
I plan to do Spanish, geology and biology. (Maybe also chemistry—not sure yet!)
Reply 1975
Thanks

I was going to say that but then I saw that you mentioned wanting to go to Lancater and I thought lets just add 'Good Luck' at the end of this :tongue:

Haha, didn't see that! :tongue:

Thanks
I got into the local newspaper.Pictures:1185991_551263968243818_1663448837_n.jpg
Thats the second time I have been called prodigy in the last 3 days-I am used to genius and got it a lot of times at school but prodigy is like a level above and I never really thought I was a prodigy.
(edited 10 years ago)
Just back from DofE and am completely wrecked :frown: Was soo good though and happilyy I got good results (my english teacher can go suck eggs yeoooo) Also does anyone know if you can get scars from rucksack hipbelts?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dalek1099
I got into the local newspaper.Pictures:
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Thats the second time I have been called prodigy in the last 3 days-I am used to genius and got it a lot of times at school but prodigy is like a level above and I never really thought I was a prodigy.

WOW CONGRATULATIONS :clap2: you must be so proud of yourself :biggrin:
Original post by Dalek1099
I got into the local newspaper.Pictures:1185991_551263968243818_1663448837_n.jpg

Top results, well done. People call you arrogant but you back it up with great results.

Latest