The Student Room Group
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website

Cardiff Met 2013 Freshers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nergis
Biomedical Science anyone? :smile:

I got an offer for doing M.Sc. Biomedical Science next year.. :biggrin:
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website
Original post by E.k
Cooolio, glad somebody else seems to be doing English. Where you staying

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah yeah... ill be traveling back amd forth from chepstow but my auntie doest live to far from the university so ill crash at her place every now and agaim to save me some money and to stop me from being stuck in cardiff whilst drunk as hell during freshers week haha!
Reply 202
Original post by GeorgieMB
Hey :smile: I was just wondering when people are going to arrive for freshers?? I'm not sure which halls I'm in yet, but I'm gonna be studying at the Llandaff campus (Psychology) and I want to get to know some people before I turn up on my own and start acting like a lemon!! haha

Thanks,
Georgie xx

Im studying at Llandaff tooo! I think im going on the 15th? what about you? Add me on Face book :smile: 'Amy Maryanne Robertson' xx
I am studying Dietetics and Human Nutrition and have my spot in Plas Gwyn halls confirmed :smile:
Really excited to get started now :biggrin:
Reply 204
Original post by Steve Edge
I am studying Dietetics and Human Nutrition and have my spot in Plas Gwyn halls confirmed :smile:
Really excited to get started now :biggrin:

Hey your in my class so! 😊Where are u from?! I'm not applying for halls gonna try find somewhere private near campus if i can! Do you know anyone else in our class? literally cant wait to start now x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joanned
Hey your in my class so! 😊Where are u from?! I'm not applying for halls gonna try find somewhere private near campus if i can! Do you know anyone else in our class? literally cant wait to start now x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh cool! I am from Wrexham, North Wales! Yourself?
Aha I considered not going into halls because I am a mature student but then thought I may as well just get involved with it all :wink:
Nope, you are the first one of our course that I have found! x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 206
Original post by Steve Edge
Oh cool! I am from Wrexham, North Wales! Yourself?
Aha I considered not going into halls because I am a mature student but then thought I may as well just get involved with it all :wink:
Nope, you are the first one of our course that I have found! x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool! I'm from Ireland... Been living in newcastle for the last year but moving home before I move to Cardiff! Ya I'm a mature student aswell.. Just gone 24! Ya I think there was another Irish girl that I met on this a while ago, that's in our class! Add me on Facebook if you have it... My names Joanne Durkin!x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cardiff met facebook group, 450+ members find the people on your course https://www.facebook.com/groups/114284115432268/
Original post by Nergis
Biomedical Science anyone? :smile:

Me :smile: Add me on facebook? Kirsty Hillitt.
Reply 209
im studying psychology too

Anyone got offer for it?
Reply 210
Anyone studying
Marketing Management
:smile:
Reply 211
Original post by Morgsj94
Haven't heard anyone doing Podiatry yet :frown:

I'm studying Podiatry :smile:
Hey is anyone studying early childhood studies with educational studies and staying in cyncoed in Cardiff Met?
Reply 213
Hi guys!

I'm a 3rd year and I have made a facebook page for you to ask any questions about which events to go to! I know it's confusing at first with people telling you to go here, there and everywhere! If I was you I wouldn't waste money on wristbands, because you'll end up going to other events that aren't included (because other ones have better themes, because your new friends are going to other events etc...) Feel free to ask any questions, I wish I was a fresher again! The page is https://www.facebook.com/freshers13

Enjoy, and it'd be great if you could like us too!
Reply 214
Has anyone not got into halls that lives local and is looking for private accommodation? I've no idea where too look :frown:
Is any one looking to go private for accommodation, would like to know where to start looking.
Reply 216
Is anyone studying Accounting and Finance. And is anyone living in Liberty Court? Block C flat 54 Room D.. Anyone near by?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are there any other foundation year in health science here?
also where do we get our bands from for freshers got my ticket sorted
Reply 218
Original post by kirstyjones94
Ww yay I'm gald that I've finally found some other people doing it! What halls have you applied for?

me too :biggrin:
Original post by bmhowells
Has anyone not got into halls that lives local and is looking for private accommodation? I've no idea where too look :frown:

Hey, there are lots of places you can look. It kinda depends what you are after - For private houses, take a look on Cardiff student Lettings, gumtree, Zoopla, Rightmove Students etc. If you would prefer the halls vibe but missed out on the Uni ones, there are private halls available such as Summit House - well worth a look. It is brand new for this year and right in the centre of town. Rents cover all your bills, broadband and contents insurance and there is also an on-site gym, cinema room etc.

There are loads of options out there so don't panic but I would defo suggest looking on Cardiff Student Lettings.

Hope this helps, feel free to get in touch with us if we can help :smile:

[email protected]

Laura

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending