The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Uni: Official Students 13/14!

Scroll to see replies

Anyone paid their 36 quid college membership yet or do we do it on the day we arrive,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 341
Original post by Hariskhan7
Anyone paid their 36 quid college membership yet or do we do it on the day we arrive,

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm waiting for an email about it, although I've heard nothing from my college yet.
Reply 342
Original post by Orthrus
I think from newcastle it's 2 and a half hours - which is fantastic considering i was contemplating taking the 5 hour coach before i found out :laugh:Hmmm, i've already told my mam i'll be glad to be shot of her, and she feels the same, so probably just christmas and easter, and maybe one or two visits to my friends :') How about you?

Yeah it's normally about that to Leeds :') well it's my brothers 21st birthday end of October so back for that, probably go back once or twice a term, then holidays but I think my parents'll come fetch me then :') aww ill miss my family, and it'll be weird for my parents since I'm the youngest child, they'll have an empty nest! :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 343

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive paid mine :smile: got pretty much everything sorted. Even got my Santander student account sorted and ordered my 4 year free rail card and now just need to order purple card and get my stuff for uni :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 344
Original post by Tish
Ive paid mine :smile: got pretty much everything sorted. Even got my Santander student account sorted and ordered my 4 year free rail card and now just need to order purple card and get my stuff for uni :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did your college get in touch with you about your membership? I haven't heard back from mine yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tish

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah where did you pay for yours? Also what else is there to do in terms of being prepared :/ all I've done is payed 200 quid deposit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 346
Original post by Lilypad12345
oo awesome!! ahh well, itll be cool to get to know people from differant courses and colleges anyway :biggrin: hope we do, ahh cannot wait for freshers! I'm from london, goodness the train ticket prices are crazy to get to lancaster from here!!! what about you??

Yeah definitely, can't wait to start! Only 5 weeks now :biggrin: Im from Preston which is a 30 minute drive from campus for me. I'll be living at Lancaster during the week and working back home at the weekend, at least to start with :smile: Booked all of freshers off work though :tongue: I just got back from London, it cost £90 for a return from Preston to Euxton and some tube tickets too, not cheap but for sure book them in advance! :smile:
Reply 347
Original post by HannahS95
Yeah it's normally about that to Leeds :') well it's my brothers 21st birthday end of October so back for that, probably go back once or twice a term, then holidays but I think my parents'll come fetch me then :') aww ill miss my family, and it'll be weird for my parents since I'm the youngest child, they'll have an empty nest! :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, I'll probably go back when my sisters do as well, they've been threatening to visit me D: I'm the youngest child as well, so i know my mam will probably cry when she drops me off... but she's used to her kids going off to uni now so she's glad i'm leaving :')
Reply 348
Original post by Orthrus
Haha, I'll probably go back when my sisters do as well, they've been threatening to visit me D: I'm the youngest child as well, so i know my mam will probably cry when she drops me off... but she's used to her kids going off to uni now so she's glad i'm leaving :')

Haha my brother wouldn't visit me, he's not that interested :') my mums just so soft, cries at like everything :') mind you so do I so I'll probably cry when they leave! It's only five weeks now but it still feels so far away! Bet it goes by in a flash though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 3DDY
Yeah definitely, can't wait to start! Only 5 weeks now :biggrin: Im from Preston which is a 30 minute drive from campus for me. I'll be living at Lancaster during the week and working back home at the weekend, at least to start with :smile: Booked all of freshers off work though :tongue: I just got back from London, it cost £90 for a return from Preston to Euxton and some tube tickets too, not cheap but for sure book them in advance! :smile:

Ahh thats so lucky, you get the best of both worlds being close to home and having the experience of living out -green eyed monster face- niicee! though i have no previous employment hopefully i can get some part time work once i start! would love a job in one of the student bars or something :biggrin: oo yeah i really need to book it all soon, still getting my head around moving so far since before results was expecting to stay in london!
Original post by katie55
You only live there for a few months so it might not be too bad and refurbished rooms look really nice. Sorry its a bit late but at least you will be prepared if you get it, I wonder how many people will be in for a shock on move in day?
Good luck anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly, if you hadnt told me i'd probably be one of them haha! I've calculated and ill have about £97 per week for living if i get the room, so thats definently making the few months in a basic room sound more worth it :biggrin: I really like the desks in the refurbished rooms too! Thankyou for your help :smile:
Reply 351
Honestly, if you hadnt told me i'd probably be one of them haha! I've calculated and ill have about £97 per week for living if i get the room, so thats definently making the few months in a basic room sound more worth it :biggrin: I really like the desks in the refurbished rooms too! Thankyou for your help :smile:

The new rooms do look really nice and it would be worth it with that much left over :tongue:
Anyway good luck :smile:
Reply 352
Yeah where did you pay for yours? Also what else is there to do in terms of being prepared :/ all I've done is payed 200 quid deposit

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://online-payments.lancaster-university.co.uk/browse/extra_info.asp?compid=1&modid=1&deptid=2&catid=336&prodvarid=46

Thats the link to pay college membership :smile:

Buy a purple card from here: http://card.lusu.co.uk/

Should be up n running soon the purple card allows you to join societies.

Make sure that when you arrive you get a laundrette card (£5) and top it up for the week, ill prolly put like about £10-£20. A wash is £1.70 a dry is £1 :smile:

Get your library card (look in your welcome pack for times).

Bring all your documents such as passport, provisional/drivers licence, print off accommodation deposit receipt/invoice and college membership, bring your student finance England forms :smile: bring a copy of ur unconditional letter, bring ur original certificates (btec/alevels).

I'll be purchasing a official lancaster uni hoodie when i arrive i cant think of anything else right now though lmao.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 353
Bit late, but:

Hey! I'm doing Drama and I'm in Fylde (basic ensuite)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still haven't heard anything about my college or pre-registration.. Getting a bit worried as everyone else has found out.
Reply 355
Original post by deenaribena
Still haven't heard anything about my college or pre-registration.. Getting a bit worried as everyone else has found out.

Pre-registration? Do you mean college membership? I haven't heard anything from mine either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 356
Original post by deenaribena

I think I read somewhere pre-registration isn't until the 16th September.

Hearing back from your college could take up until mid-September as well.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 357
Original post by HannahS95
Haha my brother wouldn't visit me, he's not that interested :') my mums just so soft, cries at like everything :') mind you so do I so I'll probably cry when they leave! It's only five weeks now but it still feels so far away! Bet it goes by in a flash though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your brother sounds like how i am with my own sisters :lol: I'll be subtly trying to get rid of mine from the moment we pull up! But i've been away for a month or two before as well so i'm sure she won't actually mind :') Far away?! Last time i checked off my calendar was a week before results day - time's flown by!
Original post by SpiggyTopes
Oooohhhh, where abouts?

Not too far from Crewe!

Original post by JonNgog
Ha ha I was being a little pedantic I guess, but by north west most people mean Newcastle and the surrounding areas. Sometimes it's easy to forget how far north Newcastle is of Yorkshire. Technically Yorkshire is virtually the midlands!

-JonNgog

I'm originally from Hull, that's pretty East Yorkshire! :smile:
Reply 359
Ahh thats so lucky, you get the best of both worlds being close to home and having the experience of living out -green eyed monster face- niicee! though i have no previous employment hopefully i can get some part time work once i start! would love a job in one of the student bars or something :biggrin: oo yeah i really need to book it all soon, still getting my head around moving so far since before results was expecting to stay in london!

Yeah I suppose im lucky in that respect :smile: Yeah that would be awesome, my friend works in a bar and often gets too tipsy at work by the sound of his stories! Haha ill be your drinking partner/favourite customer if you get that job :wink: well its not a bad problem to have :smile: You joining any societies or anything like that at uni?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending