The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Red Fox
I'm excited and I want to average over 90% UMS in my subjects as a minimum.

Ah that's cool :smile:
Reply 2041
Original post by iLOVEmusic1234
How do you all feel to be starting sixth form? :smile:
I for one have very high expectations of this year tbh..

I can't wait, I know it will be extremely difficult, but I feel if I don't get an A* in all of my subjects I won't have done myself proud. That probably won't ever happen, but I will try my best.
Original post by Tibbz2
I can't wait, I know it will be extremely difficult, but I feel if I don't get an A* in all of my subjects I won't have done myself proud. That probably won't ever happen, but I will try my best.

Haha I have the same thinking but I have no chance in Chemistry.
Original post by Tibbz2

Same and ikr, but that shouldn't stop us from doing our best. Oh don't worry! Do all you can to get those A* that you want :smile:
I hope that you get them ^-^
Wow. Any time I feel down about my A levels, I can just come to this thread. So much motivation and encouragement.

It's making me want to get all A*s right now, lol.
Anyone else watching Tim Minchin on Channel 4 now? :biggrin:
Original post by Red Fox
I'm excited and I want to average over 90% UMS in my subjects as a minimum.

Hahahah, easier said than done :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2047
Original post by Red Fox
Haha I have the same thinking but I have no chance in Chemistry.

:lol: I don't know why I took it, I don't really enjoy it! Just I prefer it to Biology any day...

Same and ikr, but that shouldn't stop us from doing our best. Oh don't worry! Do all you can to get those A* that you want :smile:
I hope that you get them ^-^

Thanks, you too :smile:
Original post by HeyThereHarry
Wow that's excellent! Well done!!
I got 11 A*s and an A in English literature... I was just 1 UMS off an A* so I'm getting that remarked :biggrin:
I am genuinely so so pleased because I thought I'd messed up so badly! The pressure is on to do well at A-level now :tongue:

Well good luck for next year! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woah that's amazing :O well done!

Good luck to you too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have changed my mind and have decided to change Computing to Geography despite only an A grade at Geography because its a respected subject, my back up job is a Meteorologist and I really love the subject in particular Global Warming it used to be my favourite subject until Maths took over and the papers seem manageable for an AS paper and I only missed out by 10 UMS which is 4 raw marks in Geography and I think I was quite unlucky because Unit 2 screwed me up and I only got 73(b) for it.My Geography course focuses on the things I did well at in GCSE like Coasts(100 UMS), Energy(24/24 raw marks it was coursework though but my coursework was a lot higher than anyone elses in the class) and population change(which I think should be interesting) and rivers and flooding(suitable for meteorology).Is this the right decision? or am I an idiot to take it with 11A*s at GCSE and not one in Geography because this is extremely illogical:confused:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2050
Good morning everyone :smile:
Original post by Bude8
What's your job?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I work in a charity shop :3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr.Nor

Good morning! How are you today?:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2053
Original post by blamethenargles
Good morning! How are you today?:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm alright thank you! yourself? :smile:
Original post by lolface32
Hahahah, easier said than done :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

As are most things in life:tongue:
Original post by SophF_rth
I wish it was free :frown: only get 1/3 off Adult rail prices via College. And I don't think I can have a railcard on top of that :/

Oh God I know how you feel. There are some weird year 7 who talk to sixth formers! "hey sexy" or "want to go out later?". I just thought I was scared of year 12/13 when I was in year 7!

Ah I see, I guess if you're able to go further away then you should especially if it will better your education :smile:

Yes, I totally think so! I can't imagine having a busy bus!

Oh thats bad.
In london, we get free bus travel. But when you hit the age of 19, you have to pay (i think its £1 for a bus journey).
On the london underground and overground, everyone has to pay.

Yep, i really hate that college. I would never want to go there!

Have you ever seen an overcrowded london bus??
Original post by Mr.Nor

Goodmorning :smile:
Original post by Infinity_4652
Oh thats bad.
In london, we get free bus travel. But when you hit the age of 19, you have to pay (i think its £1 for a bus journey).
On the london underground and overground, everyone has to pay.

Yep, i really hate that college. I would never want to go there!

Have you ever seen an overcrowded london bus??

Free bus travel :redface:ooooo That's so good! I bought my season ticket yesterday for the year costing £550 and beng a student I got 1/3 off. But for my bus I have to pay £50 to get half price bus fares.

I do go to london quite a lot so i guess I've seen a full buses but not too overcrowded. I think the tube are the worst though, the other day I was on the Nirthern line at about 7pm and it was hell, then onto the Circle line 2mins later and it was moreorless empty!
Reply 2058
Goodmorning :smile:

Hello :h:
Original post by techno836
Welcome to the new current year 12 thread, our home for the next year. (We’re now in the A Level forum :woo: )! that must mean we have matured :eek: :wink: This is the start of 2 very important years for us and A levels can be hard but that won't scare us! We have a high target to beat last year’s year 12s so let's all work hard :sogood:

Below is a list of subjects and exam boards that we are all taking, I'm sure it will be useful when you need somebody to help you :h: (Newcomers please quote me if you wish to be added :h: )

Subjects

Scottish Highers

Make sure you work your hardest all year and I'm sure the next results day will be fine, and in order to work hard here are some useful links below ( I'll add some more as I find them :smile:

http://www.examsolutions.co.uk - For Maths :smile:
http://www.Chemguide.co.uk - For Chemistry :smile:

And Finally if you have any query about A-level Choices or University choices make sure you ask/quote L'evil Fish or drop him a PM :smile: I will also answer any regarding Medicine or direct you to more helpful thread :h:

Best of luck for the forthcoming year! :h: :cool:

Oh gosh, I feel so old now! :O I'm studying Geography (AQA), Maths (Edexcel), Biology (AQA), and Chemistry (AQA, I think).

Latest