The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

^Lucky chap

:biggrin:
Original post by Robbie242
I'm getting an iphone - **** my nokia brick!

Everyone's getting an iPhone :unimpressed:

I'm stuck with an old LG. Anyone got a suggestion for a new phone?

I can't afford £30 a month on a contract so your iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S4's are out of the question. :smile:
Original post by TheKingOfTSR
^Lucky chap

:biggrin:

haha thanks xD

I honestly was never expecting >£50, something tells me hes trying to outplay my Mum here, she's likely to give me about £100 xP
Original post by NedStark

I can't afford £30 a month on a contract so your iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S4's are out of the question. :smile:

Thanks for reminding me - iphone or S4 :biggrin:

Ah LG, no idea I'm not a phone expert, I have a nokia brick
Thanks for reminding me - iphone or S4 :biggrin:

Ah LG, no idea I'm not a phone expert, I have a nokia brick

At least the Nokia's are reliable, they don't freeze. But as for you, I'd go with the iPhone. There's just more support out there compared to the S4.
At least the Nokia's are reliable, they don't freeze. But as for you, I'd go with the iPhone. There's just more support out there compared to the S4.

Yeah I agree - I prefer iphone though it feels a bit more at home (I have a partly smashed ipod touch, the buttons don't work that well anymore).

Hmm I think I'll put half of it in the bank and then half on stuff like this

I have an LG as well, it's so bad. But I don't want/can't justify even a £20 p/m contract so an iPhone is just completely out of the question.

Samsung Galaxy Ace - I am on a contract for £10/month. The phone itself is cheap compared to the iPhone 5 and Galaxy S4.
Original post by Choppie
Samsung Galaxy Ace - I am on a contract for £10/month. The phone itself is cheap compared to the iPhone 5 and Galaxy S4.

I was thinking about that phone. Do you mind telling me how many min/text/data you get?
Original post by Endless Blue
I have an LG as well, it's so bad. But I don't want/can't justify even a £20 p/m contract so an iPhone is just completely out of the question.

Yeah my LG is useless, it freezes 50% of the time I try to unlock it but then again I knew when I got it that it's only a budget phone and wouldn't last long. I got 3 years out of it so I think it's done well.
WHAT,..

JUST WHAT...

I was expecting like a £50 note from my dad for results... guess what he gave me

Spoiler

HOLEE ****

:woo:

I'm getting an iphone - **** my nokia brick!

Dude, don't be one of those iPhone users. Get the HTC One!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by usycool1
University choices! :afraid:

If you're thinking about applying to university and want your choices in the list below, quote this post and I'll add them in for you! :biggrin:

Information you may wish to add:

What course you're going to apply for.

Your AS subjects (and grades if you like).

Your A2 subjects (and predicted/actual grades if you want to).

What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that).

University courses

If you'd like to make any changes, just quote me. :h:

For Economics:

NedStark
AS Subjects: Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Phyiscs, EPQ
A2 Subjects: Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Physics
University choices: Cambridge, LSE, Warwick, UCL, Bristol/Bath
(edited 10 years ago)
I was thinking about that phone. Do you mind telling me how many min/text/data you get?

It seems to have changed a little since I commenced my contract. This is the most similar one I can find. Do fish around a bit, though!

Oh, and talkmobile appears to use the Vodaphone network (or so I was told when I took the contract out in October last year).
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Dude, don't be one of those iPhone users. Get the HTC One!

whats so good about the HTC One, the iphone has everything I need haha

The reel on the HTC one is so cool, all the new features I can't remember the name of.

You should check it out, the iPhone is unnecessarily expensive and very restrictive in terms of personalisation - coming from an ex iPhone 4S user
(edited 10 years ago)

£1k?! Man, that's crazy :tongue:
Original post by Endless Blue
£1k?! Man, that's crazy :tongue:

ikr, I didn't expect it at all, funny thing is my brother burst into the room, woke me up just before my alarm did and slowly started counting money - I didn't know when it was gonna stop LOL
Original post by mynameisntbobk
The reel on the HTC one is so cool, all the new features I can't remember the name of.

You should check it out, the iPhone is unnecessarily expensive and very restrictive in terms of personalisation - coming from an ex iPhone 4S user

I'm looking at reviews atm, will make a decision in 5days probably, iphone5 looks sick though
ikr, I didn't expect it at all, funny thing is my brother burst into the room, woke me up just before my alarm did and slowly started counting money - I didn't know when it was gonna stop LOL

I don't got anything for my results, it would be nice but I'm honestly not too bothered about it and am just reasonably happy with my results :biggrin:
Reply 1539
To anyone who can afford the one off price of a phone, getting a phone SIM free then getting a SIM only contract is a lot cheaper in the long run. As well as that you aren't tied in to any 24 month contract when your phone breaks.
I'm on Three's 1 month rolling £10/month contract with 300 minutes, unlimited texts and 1GB of data although I'm not sure if they still do this.
And anyone looking for a cheap smartphone, get the Nexus 4 or the Nexus 5 when it comes out. It's usually the best phone in terms of specs, and it's the only phone that matches the iPhone for looks, but Google heavily subsidises it from Google Play so it's ridiculously cheap, £279 at launch about 9 months ago vs the iPhone £500+

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Latest