On skype so my boyfriend can keep an eye on me and know safe :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6481
Original post by Kindred
I'm such a pathetic person.

:nah: you're not.
Reply 6482
Original post by octoberbaby
I know I haven't replied to your PM, I'm just being really **** ATM, and as we talked about, not exactly in an amazing place either. Big hugs though. If you wanna send me another PM just to like talk about stuff or rant or whatever then feel free. I'll try reply soon too, sorry!
:hugs:

:hugs: Nothing to be sorry for at all, you're not **** at all! :nah: :hugs: Sorry you're not feeling brilliant still :console:
Original post by tasha96
Ooh no I haven't seen that one before. Thank you! :smile: Will be sure to give it a go- I'm always looking for little games to use as a distraction.
I'm not sure what he'd say about that. :s-smilie: He's still putting up the dosages of the meds I'm on and he really doesn't seem keen on giving me anything extra. :frown: It was a fight enough to get him to prescribe something to let me sleep (not that they worked) when I was going through my last phase of not sleeping for days and days on end. It would be really useful though so I'll definitely try and bring it up with him. :smile: Because I cant keep on going like this. :cry: It's not do-able. :cry2:

It sucks that your doctor won't prescribe you stuff, but make sure you let him know just how bad things are, don't feel like you need to underplay things or anything, he's a doctor he's probably heard worse. Good luck!

You could try googling your meds and see if there's any room to increase them, as that's an alternative to prn drugs if he's against giving you them.
Reply 6484
Original post by Kindred
I'm such a pathetic person. All I want to do is curl up and cry. I'm such a burden, I don't deserve anyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This isn't true at all! You're a strong person, who deserves everything good in the world :yes: :hugs:
Reply 6485
Have decided that getting drunk is the way to get through tonight. Am not tired enough to sleep since I didn't get up until noon so currently on watch Dexter and drinking. My dad has joined me but will probably go to bed soon. Really haven't eaten enough to be drinking especially with the medication but on the other hand will be much quicker to get drunk. Not the healthiest way to get through the night but definitely one of the safer options.
Reply 6486
Original post by VaVe
Have decided that getting drunk is the way to get through tonight. Am not tired enough to sleep since I didn't get up until noon so currently on watch Dexter and drinking. My dad has joined me but will probably go to bed soon. Really haven't eaten enough to be drinking especially with the medication but on the other hand will be much quicker to get drunk. Not the healthiest way to get through the night but definitely one of the safer options.

Don't really know what to say, but just wanted to send big hugs :jumphug: I'm sorry things seem so hard at the moment and I really hope things improve for you. If you ever wanted to talk then you can PM me any time :hugs:
Reply 6487
Off to bed, sweet dreams everyone, i hope tomorrow treats us all fairly :smile:
Reply 6488
Original post by 08batee
Don't really know what to say, but just wanted to send big hugs :jumphug: I'm sorry things seem so hard at the moment and I really hope things improve for you. If you ever wanted to talk then you can PM me any time :hugs:

Thanks, I'm hoping it will pass in a few days -failing that I will get a GP appointment on Tuesday. Might PM you in a bit.
Hello everyone,

I have depression (it runs in my family) but also suffer from anxiety attacks and as I am starting uni next week I'm really starting to feel anxious already. The depression I can deal with as the majority of the time I am okay apart from the odd relapse but the anxiety attacks are much more difficult to handle.
Whenever I am in a kind of social situation that may be difficult to leave I start to feel really uneasy. This is difficult to explain, but often happens on public transport or classes at school, assemblies etc whenever it may be difficult to leave or when I will be judged by leaving. I realise this makes me sound hugely paranoid and very often it is the fear of having a panic attack that causes the panic attack in the first place which is a very vicious cycle as the more frequently I have an attack, the more conscious I am of having another.
It is like a constant stream of "what if I have a panic attack whilst I'm here, how would I be able to leave if I start to feel sick?" in my head and it makes me feel awful and I can't concentrate on anything around me.

This is making me particularly worried about starting uni (especially as I am moving away for it- I decided to move away almost as if to prove to myself that I could but now I'm seriously doubting I can) but actually what is worrying me the most is being able to handle lectures etc, being in a contained area for a length of time and being unable to concentrate on the lectures without feeling sick the whole time. Basically everywhere I go besides my house, I have to map out an escape route incase I become too ill to stay there, it's so irrational I understand that but I can't seem to help it.

I am so sorry for the ridiculously long post and I know I haven't explained this very well at all but basically I just wanted to know if there was anyone else who experiences anything similar to this or if anyone knows if there is a specific disorder that this sounds like (it's been a while since I went to the doctors about this specific anxiety) and if anyone has any advice as to how I can cope with this at uni.
Thank you in advance for any help :smile:
I just had a horrible day.you know one of those days were uou just want to crawl in bed and pull up the covers.have you ever felt really lonely?is that normal?I hope everyone is having a great day.
:jumphug: thank you.
Were having my 'nanna' round for tea tonight and my step dads like "well have to clean up and hoover up" but i have no idea why. My nanna knows our house isnt spotless and she wont judge us purely because my mum cleans her house!
My step dads really stressing out atm :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous

I am so sorry for the ridiculously long post and I know I haven't explained this very well at all but basically I just wanted to know if there was anyone else who experiences anything similar to this or if anyone knows if there is a specific disorder that this sounds like (it's been a while since I went to the doctors about this specific anxiety) and if anyone has any advice as to how I can cope with this at uni.

Hi there, I've had something like this myself. It wasn't about anxiety, it was about worrying badly for no particular reason. I generally am a kind of person who sometimes tends to worry about minor things. In conjunction with depression (which I have never had before), I eventually found myself being ill because of worrying about being ill. It was just as if I was telling myself I was going to feel bad, and it used to happen to be so because of this. So, out of my personal experience, my best advice would be to try to feel positive about this, keep in mind you have no disorder other than thinking you have one. Socialize, do some sports - it really helps to distract your mind and get a hold of yourself. Enjoy your life at uni! :smile:
Reply 6494
Original post by Anonymous
Hello everyone,

I have depression (it runs in my family) but also suffer from anxiety attacks and as I am starting uni next week I'm really starting to feel anxious already. The depression I can deal with as the majority of the time I am okay apart from the odd relapse but the anxiety attacks are much more difficult to handle.
Whenever I am in a kind of social situation that may be difficult to leave I start to feel really uneasy. This is difficult to explain, but often happens on public transport or classes at school, assemblies etc whenever it may be difficult to leave or when I will be judged by leaving. I realise this makes me sound hugely paranoid and very often it is the fear of having a panic attack that causes the panic attack in the first place which is a very vicious cycle as the more frequently I have an attack, the more conscious I am of having another.
It is like a constant stream of "what if I have a panic attack whilst I'm here, how would I be able to leave if I start to feel sick?" in my head and it makes me feel awful and I can't concentrate on anything around me.

This is making me particularly worried about starting uni (especially as I am moving away for it- I decided to move away almost as if to prove to myself that I could but now I'm seriously doubting I can) but actually what is worrying me the most is being able to handle lectures etc, being in a contained area for a length of time and being unable to concentrate on the lectures without feeling sick the whole time. Basically everywhere I go besides my house, I have to map out an escape route incase I become too ill to stay there, it's so irrational I understand that but I can't seem to help it.

Thank you in advance for any help :smile:

I get very similar feelings sometimes, especially in situations where I can’t leave easily, and like you say it’s a really evil vicious circle. I have to have escape routes everywhere as well. :teehee: Have you ever had any therapy at all? I think CBT could be really helpful for you, both in terms of challenging the thoughts to begin with and giving you techniques to cope. This website has a load of resources which are quite useful as well, especially as waiting lists for therapy can be long. I don’t know about you but I've found educating myself as much as possible and trying out a load of self-help stuff to be helpful, even just because it makes me feel more pro-active and less of a 'victim'.

If you haven't already I would really recommend you talk to your uni's disability service. They can put a number of things is place for you to make it easier, like letting your lecturers know you might leave suddenly which might make you feel less trapped or making sure you have a copy of the lecture notes. They can also help you apply for DSA (or you can do it yourself) who can give you equipment such as a Dictaphone and also pay for human support such as a note taker or a mentor, which could be beneficial for you. You will need a doctor’s letter to apply for this though.
Reply 6495
All triggery and in pain and dirty and bleugh :cry2:
Reply 6496
Original post by Kindred
:jumphug: thank you.

Hope you're feeling better today :hugs:
Original post by 08batee
All triggery and in pain and dirty and bleugh :cry2:

And that on a Sunday evening :frown: go snuggle up in front of TV and watch a film or something? I do that to feel good :smile:
Reply 6498
Original post by danny111
And that on a Sunday evening :frown: go snuggle up in front of TV and watch a film or something? I do that to feel good :smile:

Thanks. Have been curled up in my blanket watching ridiculous amounts of Friends and doing some online shopping :ninja: :tongue: How are you doing? :hugs:
Reply 6499
Original post by 08batee
Thanks. Have been curled up in my blanket watching ridiculous amounts of Friends and doing some online shopping :ninja: :tongue: How are you doing? :hugs:

One of the best things to watch when feeling down for me :redface: Chandler and Ross just cracks me up :lol:

Latest