The Student Room Group

Where do you work and how much do you get paid per hour?

Scroll to see replies

A&A Accounting
£6.50 an hour and only weekends although during the summer period I've been working the whole week.
£6.50 an hour or £10 and hour on Sundays :smile: I work 5.5 hours a week at a library and I'm 17

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 342
Original post by beston94
Domino's Pizza. 4 hours a day, 4 days a week. £4.98/hour...
Instore (Pizza maker)
I'm 18.

Isn't that under minimum wage?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 343
Original post by Cryinglightning
£6.50 an hour or £10 and hour on Sundays :smile: I work 5.5 hours a week at a library and I'm 17

Posted from TSR Mobile

how did you get a job in a library? did you have previous experience

I've wanted to work in a library, its so much more chilled out than all the other places of work, and the pay is decent
Reply 344
Original post by Alarae

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's the current minimum wage for 18-20 but from October 1st it will rise to £5.03.

https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Original post by Jack93o
how did you get a job in a library? did you have previous experience

I've wanted to work in a library, its so much more chilled out than all the other places of work, and the pay is decent

I just found it in the vacancies section on my local county council website. I applied twice and got an interview second time round. I volunteered in the library at my school for about a year but I didn't mention that in my interview and I didn't have any other type of work experience. I think the most important thing is to come across as friendly, but yeah it's a good job because I have plenty of time for school work and I have good friends there. (And it is nice to have the money!!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Semi-pro swimmer.
Part time.

Don't get paid by the hour but I get money from a sponsor which is about £300 a month.
Holiday job

'pushing buttons' at an 'evil corporation'

£9.00/hr 37.5hrs/week

I'm 19
(edited 10 years ago)
How do I find a saturday/weekend job? can someone offer me some advice?
I work at a kids nursery in the week full time- doing 40 ish hours a week- I get £6.26 an hour.
I also still work at mcdonalds on a sunday morning- doing 5-6 hours a week- I get £6.38 an hour.
I dont really mind getting paid more at mcdonalds than my nursery job though.
Original post by hiddenbutterfly
How do I find a saturday/weekend job? can someone offer me some advice?

Hand in your cv to places. You could also look in your local newspaper on the jobs page. You could also try applying online- quite a few places- like mcdonalds, tesco, asda etc require you to apply online nowadays so thats worth a try. Look on the direct gov website (https://www.gov.uk/). Also ask people you know who have part time jobs and see if there are any jobs going at their places.
Hope this helps.
McDonald's-£5 an hour- about 10 hours a week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 352
Original post by Bloxorus
Semi-pro swimmer.
Part time.

Don't get paid by the hour but I get money from a sponsor which is about £300 a month.

nice, what does the sponsor get in return?
Original post by Jack93o
nice, what does the sponsor get in return?

They basically have to spend money on the community and help the local area so they do lots of charity stuff etc. They have this board up in their office where they have athlete profiles and they give each one money to allow them to do their sport while still in education. They do it just to say they are doing it basically, because it looks good on their company.

They also give my club money and we wear their logo on our kit.
Reply 354
Original post by Naami
Housekeeper at Athlete's Village. I get paid £8.30 an hour. It's a shame it's only a temporary job :frown:

Well it's been almost a year since my Olympic job has been over and since then I've been working as an events waitress for an events agency based in London. Pay is £6.94 an hour but its zero contract, so I could be working anywhere between 0-35 hours a week. These days it's been more like 12-15 hours. It's an alright job, seen some amazing venues and celebrities, but on the flip side to that agency staff do tend to be treated quite badly :frown: I like waitressing though, would love to do it for a restaurant/cafe!
Reply 355
Original post by Runninghigh
I work as a Swimming Teacher and get £10 an hour. This is the lower to middle end of the teacher wage spectrum - with an extra qualification I can get £13/hr. Other companies get £15 -£18. It's a good wage but tough work. A lot a planning needs to be done too. A lesson plan for a swimming lesson needs to be more in depth (pardon the pun) than most people think...

Same here! I take it your a level 1 if your looking to do another qualification (presumably the UKCC Level 2 Teaching Aquatics)? I currently get paid £6.08 as a level 1 teacher :angry:. I know its bad but I'm hoping to join Virgin active for £15 an hour so a nice little increase in wages me hopes!!!
Reply 356
River Island & £4.85 an hour (I'm 17)
Reply 357
Original post by Alarae

Posted from TSR Mobile

According to my manager it's minimum wage...I think it's borderline slavery, but I need the money.
Original post by king0617
Same here! I take it your a level 1 if your looking to do another qualification (presumably the UKCC Level 2 Teaching Aquatics)? I currently get paid £6.08 as a level 1 teacher :angry:. I know its bad but I'm hoping to join Virgin active for £15 an hour so a nice little increase in wages me hopes!!!

Yeah I have level 2 now so about £15/hr now!
Reply 359
Original post by Runninghigh
Yeah I have level 2 now so about £15/hr now!

Lucky you!!! Where do you work?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending