The Student Room Group

What are your measurements and what clothes size do you fit?

I'm curious because my measurements don't match those store ones at all :s-smilie:

I'm 40-25-38, and fit a size 8 - 10.

I'm losing weight and finding some of my clothes too big. But not many places make smaller and I see girls way smaller than me that somehow fit bigger clothes. I'm really confused.

So just wondering what everyone else is

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm not sure about my measurements but I'm an 8 on top and 10/12 on the bottom depending on the cut and shop I buy. I think it's all to do with body shape, hope that helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I think I'm something like 36-27-37. I almost always fit into a size 8. I have a handful of size 6s and a handful of size 10s. My measurements would put me at a size 10-12, looking at size guides!
Original post by Kate.
I think I'm something like 36-27-37. I almost always fit into a size 8. I have a handful of size 6s and a handful of size 10s. My measurements would put me at a size 10-12, looking at size guides!

Someone else this happens to. I really don't get why the clothing guides are so out!
Not too certain of my exact measurements, but I'm a size 4 (yes! I'm working on putting on weight!) and my bra size is 32B. For jeans I wear waist 24" and length 32".
Reply 5
My measurements are 33-26.5-36 and I usually wear sizes 6-8.
Original post by Gotzz
My measurements are 33-26.5-36 and I usually wear sizes 6-8.

You don't find an 8 too loose? We have the same waist and almost the same hip measurements and I find 8s hang off me sometimes. This makes no sense
Is there a separate thread for voluptuous ladies? :colondollar:
Reply 8
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
You don't find an 8 too loose? We have the same waist and almost the same hip measurements and I find 8s hang off me sometimes. This makes no sense

It depends on the style and the shop, which is why some of my clothes are size 6.
What kind of shops are your clothes from?
im 28-24-36 and im about a 10/12 ! some places I can fit into a 8 but places like h and m even a 12 is quite snug!
Reply 10
Original post by SillyMilly
im 28-24-36 and im about a 10/12 ! some places I can fit into a 8 but places like h and m even a 12 is quite snug!

I know, H&M is so weird! I think I'd need a size 10 in their skinny jeans, when normally I'm a 6-8.
Original post by Gotzz
It depends on the style and the shop, which is why some of my clothes are size 6.
What kind of shops are your clothes from?

Most of my clothes are from online shops, if they're dresses I usually get a 10 for boob room but skirts from regular shops seem too big on the waist at a size 8 which is really annoying
(edited 10 years ago)

That makes no sense! You're smaller than me but a bigger clothes size
That makes no sense! You're smaller than me but a bigger clothes size

I think a lot of it is my height maybe ? im nearly 6ft and ive got quite muscular thighs ive got a chubby bum aswell as I find a 10 is fine on the hips but waist wise they gape all my jeans are to big on the waist but just the right size on the hips if I went for a 8 I wouldn't be able to get them over my bum!
Reply 14
Most of my clothes are from online shops, if they're dresses I usually get a 10 for boob room but skirts from regular shops seem too big on the waist

I'm the opposite, due to my smaller bust. I can imagine your figure being a bit difficult to shop for due to your tiny waist and big bust and bum.
I think a lot of it is my height maybe ? im nearly 6ft and ive got quite muscular thighs ive got a chubby bum aswell as I find a 10 is fine on the hips but waist wise they gape all my jeans are to big on the waist but just the right size on the hips if I went for a 8 I wouldn't be able to get them over my bum!

That could be it. I'm 5"8 so pretty tall but most of the clothes I go for are skirts because trousers are difficult for me (big bum small waist) so I just don't go there. In cotton I have to get a 12 for my boobs and take the waist in :s-smilie:

Clothes sizes make no sense
Original post by Gotzz
I'm the opposite, due to my smaller bust. I can imagine your figure being a bit difficult to shop for due to your tiny waist and big bust and bum.

It is, in cotton I have to get a 12 for my boobs and have it altered because everything else hangs off me. I've got a few custom made dresses though which are awesome :smile: I'm just worried because I'm losing weight and don't want to end up having no options to buy
That could be it. I'm 5"8 so pretty tall but most of the clothes I go for are skirts because trousers are difficult for me (big bum small waist) so I just don't go there. In cotton I have to get a 12 for my boobs and take the waist in :s-smilie:

Clothes sizes make no sense

I know how you feel I never know what size to buy what to buy, I think I can fit into a 8 in a dress but that's because it goes over top half and ive got small boobs anything that ihave to put on up over my bum hips has to be a 10 atlesat or its going nowhere!
Reply 18
It is, in cotton I have to get a 12 for my boobs and have it altered because everything else hangs off me. I've got a few custom made dresses though which are awesome :smile: I'm just worried because I'm losing weight and don't want to end up having no options to buy

If you're losing weight you might need to get some size 6 stuff, though I can't imagine that fitting over your boobs :s-smilie:
Oh and I just saw how tall you are, I'm only 5'2.9".
I know how you feel I never know what size to buy what to buy, I think I can fit into a 8 in a dress but that's because it goes over top half and ive got small boobs anything that ihave to put on up over my bum hips has to be a 10 atlesat or its going nowhere!

Yeah me neither, it's like when you're online and you have to choose a size I never know. It's so annoying. At least I know I'm not alone. I thought it was just me who was a freak haha but nope it looks normal

Quick Reply

Latest