The Student Room Group

What are your measurements and what clothes size do you fit?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
43-29-40 and I wear a size 12 in jeans, but need a 14 or 16 on the top due to my pesky 28JJ chest :colondollar: any girls other hourglassy girls here? x
Im a 34 inch waist, however i tend to by 40 inch waist trousers with a belt, as i require ALOT of extra space down there.
Original post by Gotzz
If you're losing weight you might need to get some size 6 stuff, though I can't imagine that fitting over your boobs :s-smilie:
Oh and I just saw how tall you are, I'm only 5'2.9".

Yeah this is what I mean :frown: I'll just keep having to get things altered. Yeah, I'm tall which complicated things even more. Weird shape I guess :tongue:
Reply 23
Original post by SillyMilly
I know how you feel I never know what size to buy what to buy, I think I can fit into a 8 in a dress but that's because it goes over top half and ive got small boobs anything that ihave to put on up over my bum hips has to be a 10 atlesat or its going nowhere!

I'm similar to you in the sense that my bum is bigger than my boobs, just not to the extent that yours is. So I also have to get smaller sizes in dresses/tops than bottoms :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Peaches & Cream
Not too certain of my exact measurements, but I'm a size 4 (yes! I'm working on putting on weight!) and my bra size is 32B. For jeans I wear waist 24" and length 32".

If you have a 24" waist and you're a size 4 I'd say you're probably far more likely to be a 28 band (or 26, but they're custom orders only) in bras. Sorry, unsolicited advice - but you might want to measure yourself and check :smile: If you're happy in your bras anyway obviously feel free to ignore this, heh.
Reply 25
34-25-35, size 6-8 but usually 8. I wear baggy things on top though ^_^
Don't know my measurements, but I'm a 34C and wear a size 10, though occasionally fit size 8 :smile:
Original post by RosieEPQ
43-29-40 and I wear a size 12 in jeans, but need a 14 or 16 on the top due to my pesky 28JJ chest :colondollar: any girls other hourglassy girls here? x

I have an hourglass shape and am a 30H bra size. Used to be 30HH/J before I lost weight!
Reply 28
In terms of bra size though, no clue what I'm actually meant to be :P
Reply 29
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Yeah this is what I mean :frown: I'll just keep having to get things altered. Yeah, I'm tall which complicated things even more. Weird shape I guess :tongue:

That must be annoying and expensive. Weird but nice shape though, I've seen your pics in the fitness forum. I'm sure most people think your figure is ideal. (I'm jealous of your waist)
Original post by Gotzz
That must be annoying and expensive. Weird but nice shape though, I've seen your pics in the fitness forum. I'm sure most people think your figure is ideal. (I'm jealous of your waist)

It is, it's really irritating when I try stuff on and it just doesn't fit right and I have to spend money getting it fixed. Sometimes I leave it and just stick a massive belt on which works if it's only a bit big.

Thank you. Ironically I was bullied for my figure when I was younger
Reply 31
32-24-34. Size 6/8.
Reply 32
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
It is, it's really irritating when I try stuff on and it just doesn't fit right and I have to spend money getting it fixed. Sometimes I leave it and just stick a massive belt on which works if it's only a bit big.

Thank you. Ironically I was bullied for my figure when I was younger

My older sister got boobs at a really young age, so she was bullied for it too.
Reply 33
Original post by Gotzz
I know, H&M is so weird! I think I'd need a size 10 in their skinny jeans, when normally I'm a 6-8.

The hips on H&M bottoms are soo tiny. I can hardly squeeze a size 8 on and my hips are 34/35.
Reply 34
Okay I lied about my chest size. I made an estimation because my bra size is 28/30C so I just added a few inches on! I'll measure later :tongue:

Even though I'd like to have bigger boobs etc, I guess I'm quite fortunate because I'm quite balanced, so clothes tend to fit me alright.
Reply 35
Original post by pandabird
The hips on H&M bottoms are soo tiny. I can hardly squeeze a size 8 on and my hips are 34/35.

Wow, yeah they're really bad. I can't get size 6 skinny jeans from there past my knees when a lot of my jeans from other shops are that size :lol:
32-26-38.

I'm usually an 8 for tops and 10 for bottoms.... Though anything high waisted tends to gape.
Original post by Kate.
If you have a 24" waist and you're a size 4 I'd say you're probably far more likely to be a 28 band (or 26, but they're custom orders only) in bras. Sorry, unsolicited advice - but you might want to measure yourself and check :smile: If you're happy in your bras anyway obviously feel free to ignore this, heh.

Thank you! :h: I've been meaning to measure for while now (as Tyrion knows...) but I can't find my measuring tape! Hence the lack of my proper measurements too! :tongue:

Also, I think I'm kinda in denial about the fact that I could be a 26 or 28 back as they're so difficult to find... :erm:
Reply 38
Thank you! :h: I've been meaning to measure for while now (as Tyrion knows...) but I can't find my measuring tape! Hence the lack of my proper measurements too! :tongue:

Also, I think I'm kinda in denial about the fact that I could be a 26 or 28 back as they're so difficult to find... :erm:

Well, 26s are custom order only (although the one M&S 28 band bra I've tried on was ridiculously small, I could only just fasten it and it was very uncomfortable, and my 'break the tape' measurement is now about 27"...so they might be good for people who need a 26!). I don't have any issues finding 28s though, and you can get some great bargains on eBay. I may or may not have bought another 3 bras from there this morning...haha, oops.
Reply 39

Debenhams usually have 28s :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest