The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by DJMayes
Don't worry, a certain Facebook user attempted to add me and someone else who they apparently thought was an alternate account of mine...

How awkward :rofl: Because you don't have a photo?

Original post by bananarama2
I think everyone knows who I am anyway :tongue:

They do :tongue:
Just how important would you guys say it is to attend one of these pre-university 'parties' up and down the country which allow you to mingle with random soon-to-be Cambridge freshers? Is it the 'norm' i.e. will a lot of people be going to at least one? I don't know it just seems like an unnecessary venture to me...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 162
Original post by The Sorcerer
Just how important would you guys say it is to attend one of these pre-university 'parties' up and down the country which allow you to mingle with random soon-to-be Cambridge freshers? Is it the 'norm' i.e. will a lot of people be going to at least one? I don't know it just seems like an unnecessary venture to me...

I'm not going to one :smile: Don't really see the point tbh - isn't that what freshers' week is for?
Original post by Etoile
I'm not going to one :smile: Don't really see the point tbh - isn't that what freshers' week is for?

Exactly, we are on the same page then! The travelling to and from an event would have been a hassle also (the closest one to me is about an hour and a half drive away).

There will be countless opportunities to meet people when we are there - from every college. I won't be going to one either, bring on Freshers week :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Etoile
How awkward :rofl: Because you don't have a photo?

I am saying nothing so that people have less material with which to stalk me. :ninja:
Reply 165
Original post by The Sorcerer
Exactly, we are on the same page then! The travelling to and from an event would have been a hassle also (the closest one to me is about an hour and a half drive away).

There will be countless opportunities to meet people when we are there - from every college. I won't be going to one either, bring on Freshers week :biggrin:

The closest one to me is about 45 minute drive but it's still effort to go! Exactly, I don't think huge amounts of people go to them anyway, and I can imagine them being quite awkward :lol:

Original post by DJMayes
I am saying nothing so that people have less material with which to stalk me. :ninja:

Do you know who I am? :colone:
Original post by Etoile

Yes.
:smokin:
Reply 167
Original post by Lord of the Flies
Yes.
:smokin:

What :zomg:
Original post by Etoile
The closest one to me is about 45 minute drive but it's still effort to go! Exactly, I don't think huge amounts of people go to them anyway, and I can imagine them being quite awkward :lol:

No - I haven't actually looked anyone up on Facebook.
Reply 169
Original post by DJMayes
No - I haven't actually looked anyone up on Facebook.

Ok, so I still have a modicum of anonymity :lol:
Original post by DJMayes
Don't worry, a certain Facebook user attempted to add me and someone else who they apparently thought was an alternate account of mine...

LOL
Original post by Etoile

:nothing: As long as they don't remember me from the old threads...

Original post by Etoile
What :zomg:

:rofl: :rofl:

Original post by Etoile
Ok, so I still have a modicum of anonymity :lol:

Not really ...
Reply 172

Not really ...

???????????? to all of that
Original post by Etoile
???????????? to all of that

:sigh:

I thought your lack of anonymity was amusing.
Reply 174
:sigh:

I thought your lack of anonymity was amusing.

Ohh, I didn't realise I was so easily identified! :ninjagirl:

Not really ...

I only knew who were because of your previous username
Original post by Dark Lord of Mordor
I only knew who were because of your previous username

That's why I changed it :biggrin:
That's why I changed it :biggrin:

Ah right, good plan :tongue:
Ede and Ravenscroft gowns vs. Ryder and Amies. What are you all going for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Natalie21
Ede and Ravenscroft gowns vs. Ryder and Amies. What are you all going for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ryder & Amies, but upon arrival I will also check if College has any secondhand ones. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending