The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shes-electric
Hi

Just wondering if it's possible to lose 2 stone in 2 months by exercising and eating healthy?

Try 2 stones over 3 - 4 months. You shouldn't aim to lose more than 1Kg/week. Try to aim for 0.5-1Kg/week (1 to 2 lb)
Reply 2
2 stone, 28 pounds, 98,000 calories.
2 months, 8 weeks, 56 days (let's say 60)

98,000 / 60 = 1633 calorie deficit per day to lose two stone in two months.

Let's guess you have a 2000 bmr, if you eat 367 calories a day, you'll die and not lose any weight, sorry.
Reply 3
Original post by shes-electric
Hi

Just wondering if it's possible to lose 2 stone in 2 months by exercising and eating healthy?

Don't do it. I lost 5 in 5 months a long time ago and I now have hideous stretch marks all over my body. There are also other health concerns attached to losing weight fast. Also if you lose weight fast you're likely to put it back on because losing it that fast means you drastically changed your diet and hardly anyone sustains a drastic change in their diet for the rest for their lives. Just be patient and lose no more than 2 lb a week.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
If you're a whale. Yes.
Reply 5
Original post by .JJ
2 stone, 28 pounds, 98,000 calories.
2 months, 8 weeks, 56 days (let's say 60)

98,000 / 60 = 1633 calorie deficit per day to lose two stone in two months.

Let's guess you have a 2000 bmr, if you eat 367 calories a day, you'll die and not lose any weight, sorry.

Generally accurate but if your're morbidly obese your bmr will be pretty high meaning that you will lose weight fast. There was this fat guy on tv that lost an ounce every 90 minutes when put on a gastric bypass because he was so huge.
Reply 6
Unless you're morbidly obese, you can't really lose weight that fast healthily, you'll probably be losing muscle mass as well as fat. Actually, even if you're morbidly obese, you'll probably be losing muscle if it's coming off that fast.

Try to do it a bit more steadily, make sure you're getting enough nutrients, and do some gentle exercise. Starvation diets do far more harm than good, and you're much more likely to gain the weight back straight away when you go back to normal.
What's the rush. Did you put that 2 stone on in 2 months?
Why not lose it slowly and keep it off rather than losing it quickly and putting it back on?

I lose 10.5lbs in 2 weeks eating 1000 calories a day, wouldn't recommend it though
Reply 9
Original post by WGR
Don't do it. I lost 5 in 5 months a long time ago and I now have hideous stretch marks all over my body. There are also other health concerns attached to losing weight fast. Also if you lose weight fast you're likely to put it back on because losing it that fast means you drastically changed your diet and hardly anyone sustains a drastic change in their diet for the rest for their lives. Just be patient and lose no more than 2 lb a week.

How would you suggest losing the weight without the stretched skin?
Reply 10
Original post by Joseph_S
How would you suggest losing the weight without the stretched skin?

Lose it more slowly obviously.
It's certainly possible, I've lost 1 stone in 6 weeks.
But it's possibly not advisable, as it's a bit of an extreme loss.
Absolutely achievable. That's only 28 pounds, obviously it'll come down to how much you weigh already though. It's easy to lose fat when you're 15+ stone, not so much when you're 10. No need for a massive deficit as mentioned above. If you're obese then you can eat at maintenance and lose weight with simple body weight exercises.

Not advisable but don't listen to people that says it's impossible.
Original post by Universityofme
A

Not advisable but don't listen to people that says it's impossible.

No one said that
Thank you for your helpful contribution; you added a lot to the thread. I was generalizing as there seems to be a common misconception among people these days in which you can't lose weight fast.
Reply 15
The only way to lose weight is excersize and eat clean, there isn't a quick fix. For the past few months I've been using blogilates on youtube and Cassey has really helped me. This isn't like dumb spam or anything I'm totally serious, she's amazing ^_^
Original post by Universityofme
Thank you for your helpful contribution; you added a lot to the thread. I was generalizing as there seems to be a common misconception among people these days in which you can't lose weight fast.

I've never heard of people denying that. What I have heard is that it is unhealthy and that you're likely to put the weight back on (plus more) if you lose weight rapidly

Quite simply calories in, calories out and exercise, without losing weight quickly. That's the magic bullet
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Losing weight really fast...tell tale signs of the yo-yo dieter. I can see there are several in this thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
I lost 2 stone I’m a month.
I've lost a stone in the past 2 weeks, but that's with the trusty help of my eating disorder, and that's the way you would be heading if you tried it too, wouldn't reccomened going that path unless you want to become extremely sick in the process. I don't think there is a way you could lose weight that quickly in a healthy way unfortunately.

Latest