The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AngryJellyfish
Yeah, I watched that when it aired last Autumn (good grief, was that really the best part of a year ago? :zomg:) It was good enough to make my Top 12 series for last year, more for the comedy than the romance, although it does have its touching moments. :yes:

A sequel has been confirmed, but not dated yet as far as I know. :biggrin:

Thanks :biggrin: I'll check it out! I already have some anime from Kyoto Animation that are on my to-watch list...
By the way, have you guys ever been to Japan? Akihabara specifically.
I'll check out your top list as well :smile:

edit: this is my 5000th post xD
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5261
I am currently watching Shingeki no kyojin.
Anybody else getting annoyed about how slow Attack on Titan is going now? This forest chase is taking way too long. The creators really shot themselves in the foot by making the first few episodes so epic. I'm actually considering not watching it for a few weeks, so the eps can build up lol
Reply 5263
I tried to watch Free.. managed the first minute or so but then came the opening. A load of dramatic splashing then "Gay Swimming FREE!" came up and killed my whole laptop.:unimpressed:

Some file sizes are getting stupidly big now.:wtf: around 700mb for 24 mins of magi...

At a friend's recommendation, I joined the site Goodreads, which (after I added all the manga I've read, which surprisingly didn't take too long) has provided me with a lot of promising series that I'd not heard of/forgotten about. Better than Amazon's recommendations, at any rate. :p:

Silly jelly, goodreads is supposed to be for big people books! :hmmm:
Original post by Naami
I really wanted to see Shinichiro Watanabe but I think he was there on Saturday only :frown: Next time I'll definitely get a weekender ticket and try some cosplay!

I met him. :biggrin: He signed a print for me. He was nice, especially considering how long the signing line was and the ungodly amount of heat in every expo :smile: He also did a Q&A where he said he liked the beatles and answered other questions. He wore his shades the whole time though kind of like Quattro Bajeena...

pic

Original post by Kircheis
Sooo, has anyone watched Legend of the Galactic Heroes?

Yes and I loved it. :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by vin
I tried to watch Free.. managed the first minute or so but then came the opening. A load of dramatic splashing then "Gay Swimming FREE!" came up and killed my whole laptop.:unimpressed:

Silly jelly, goodreads is supposed to be for big people books! :hmmm:

That OP karaoke killed my desktop PC, too, so I switched to NSOnii subs. :yes: As for the 'Gay Swimming' thing that Commie added to the title, already the reviews for the series on MAL can be divided into two groups - one group calling the series gay and the other insisting that it isn't. :p:

I know, they list hentai on there too. :awesome:
Reply 5265
That OP karaoke killed my desktop PC, too, so I switched to NSOnii subs. :yes: As for the 'Gay Swimming' thing that Commie added to the title, already the reviews for the series on MAL can be divided into two groups - one group calling the series gay and the other insisting that it isn't. :p:

I know, they list hentai on there too. :awesome:

Ok Ill give that group a go. There's been some daft OP fonts used for some time not that I just have to turn off or it lags. :sad:

I spoke to a few people about the series and from what they said it sounded hilarious. :laugh: I like that apparently people have been moaning because essentially kyo ani made a series not directly aimed at them.:giggle:
Original post by vin
Ok Ill give that group a go. There's been some daft OP fonts used for some time not that I just have to turn off or it lags. :sad:

I spoke to a few people about the series and from what they said it sounded hilarious. :laugh: I like that apparently people have been moaning because essentially kyo ani made a series not directly aimed at them.:giggle:

From what I can gather, the only reason the series got made to begin with is that KyoAni made this trailer, just to show off their animation skills (I actually remember it, as the sub groups left it in an episode of Tamako Market). Fangirls went wild, and demanded KyoAni make it into a series. :giggle:

For all the fanboy raging, it is basically still K-ON!, but with a male cast and more fanservice, and at least these guys take their club activities a bit more seriously. I'm finding it funnier, too. :yes:
(edited 10 years ago)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/interest/2013-08-20/documentary-seeks-uk-anime-superfan

Anyone up for it? =P

EDIT:
Be quick, lines close at 10am UK time Friday...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5268
Original post by vin

I met him. :biggrin: He signed a print for me. He was nice, especially considering how long the signing line was and the ungodly amount of heat in every expo :smile: He also did a Q&A where he said he liked the beatles and answered other questions. He wore his shades the whole time though kind of like Quattro Bajeena...

pic

Yeah, I don't know why he wears sunglasses all the time -- unless he actually has some condition? :dontknow: But that's a pretty cool autograph! Very nice :biggrin:
Reply 5269
Kyousuke in these extra oreimo eps is a bloody moron.:facepalm2:

Spoiler

Original post by vin
Kyousuke in these extra oreimo eps is a bloody moron.:facepalm2:

Spoiler

I think that they handled the ending really well to be honest. They hit the ending that most people expected, without really delving into the unrealistic. Which is another reason i loved the anime, it remained somewhat (compared to a lot of anime) realistic.
Original post by Aiko
X

EDIT:
Nevermind.
(edited 10 years ago)
Anyone watched Fruits Basket? Not usually into shojo, I like stuff like Naruto and Bleach (hence avatar chibi Hinata c:smile: but Fruits Basket was really good.
I seem to be doing a marathon of Hikaru No Go tonight...
Gets really good after ep. 34, the pro tournament is AWESOME! :biggrin:
Original post by Scienceisgood
I seem to be doing a marathon of Hikaru No Go tonight...
Gets really good after ep. 34, the pro tournament is AWESOME! :biggrin:

Woo, Hikaru No Go is amazing! I like the first opening especially :cool:
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Woo, Hikaru No Go is amazing! I like the first opening especially :cool:

First opening's good but I prefer this (ending 3):

[video="youtube;ujLKZHKJxu4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujLKZHKJxu4[/video]
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5276
Original post by It'sNotMyFaultx
Anyone watched Fruits Basket? Not usually into shojo, I like stuff like Naruto and Bleach (hence avatar chibi Hinata c:smile: but Fruits Basket was really good.

The manga is even better! Like, a billion times better than the anime. *Sigh* I need to re-read it sometime :moon:
Hey guys, new to the thread, and to TSR.

Here is my list of manga/anime that I've read/am reading that I love. (No order)
Beelzebub
Bleach (to a certain extent, it's a bit too repetitive in the formula used)
Blazing transfer student
Blust (one shot)
Captain tsubasa (the anime although there is a manga, loved football because of this as a kid)
Case closed (detective Conan!)
Dragonball
Death note
Bakuman
Eye shield 21
Hunter x hunter
One piece (what a masterpiece.)
Fairy tail
Full metal alchemist
Naruto
Samurai champloo (my favourite anime)
Rurouni kenshin
Pokemon adventures
Detective school Q
Yakitate Japan.

I probably have more that I can't remember... But yeah mostly shonen.
Reply 5278
AngryJellyfish

Thank you AJ for recommending fate/zero, it was amazing!

I found myself not knowing who to root for half way through the series with all the darkness involved. It was Kariya until I got to like episode 22, then I was just like :confused::frown: Also Kiritisugu through most of the first season but that declined through series 2. I guess that's one of the things that makes Fate/Zero so good, there was no obvious protagonist. All the fighting scenes were amazing too.
I am a bit of a baby though and sometimes the darkness was OTT for me. Caster was really creepy.
I don't know where I am going with this, but I did like it a lot. Did not expect the ending AT ALL although I am still slightly confused so if someone could explain. :redface: After Kiri tried to destroy the grail using saber, why did Kirei come back alive? Since Kiri rejected it, is that why Kirei's wish was granted instead? The ending was so disturbing. :tongue:

I might just watch Fate/Night although I know I shouldn't expect it to be as good.
Original post by Naami
The manga is even better! Like, a billion times better than the anime. *Sigh* I need to re-read it sometime :moon:

Will read. Have you watched 5 centimetres per second?

Posted from TSR Mobile