The Student Room Group

Guys: Girls next door or supermodels?

Scroll to see replies

A girl next door is an honest, don to earth, beautiful, regular living girl whereas a supermodel is a starved giant with often, ugly faces.

I know which I'd choose.
Original post by Tackla
I don't like girls who are very slim, but that's not all. The girls next door type seem to be more soft spoken, humble etc. You look at those type of girls and you think she could easily be my GF/Wife. A commoner while also being good looking. In terms of features, the supermodels obviously have better ones. But, I am not really into them models much.

To be completely honest, purely in terms of appearance I would find the supermodel more attractive. As a skinny guy myself, I prefer girls of an average or skinny weight and physique. On top of this, I tend to focus on a girl's face and physique rather than her other "assets". I understand that it's very unlikely for an average guy to have a supermodel partner though, so I understand why people may be inherently more attracted to the "girl next door", as they actually have a chance of them becoming their partner.

Generally, I would prefer the soft spoken and humble girls you described though, as I would feel more relaxed around her.
Reply 62
Original post by fidgetingmidget
To be completely honest, purely in terms of appearance I would find the supermodel more attractive. As a skinny guy myself, I prefer girls of an average or skinny weight and physique. On top of this, I tend to focus on a girl's face and physique rather than her other "assets". I understand that it's very unlikely for an average guy to have a supermodel partner though, so I understand why people may be inherently more attracted to the "girl next door", as they actually have a chance of them becoming their partner.

Generally, I would prefer the soft spoken and humble girls you described though, as I would feel more relaxed around her.

Yeah, I totally agree with you what you said. The models are more attractive but lets be fair they aren't achievable to a common man, unless you become rich all of a sudden :biggrin: But soft spoken normal girls are more realistic!
Reply 63
Poll result surprised me. :lolwut:
Reply 64
Girl next door. Unfortunately that look has died out and now girls look as though their faces might be sticky if you touch them.
Reply 65
Bumpity
Girls next door 24/7, 7/11.
Reply 67
Original post by MrEFeynman
Girls next door 24/7, 7/11.

What's so off putting abut supermodels then? I thought they were meant to be pretty much the epitome of what men want :confused:
Original post by Sloaney Pony
What's so off putting abut supermodels then? I thought they were meant to be pretty much the epitome of what men want :confused:

Maybe some men, I prefer a girl that lives a real life without having to half starve herself to death, a good intellect and kind heart go a very long way too.

908751.jpg This is what I mean by girl next door.
(edited 10 years ago)
as a fellow female...

I DONT BLOODY GET IT? WHAT? SERIOUSLY? i love me some miranda kerr, adriana lima and rosie... ahhh
I prefer the supermodel type and to be honest, I have a thing for posh women so the serious facial expressions of supermodels make them very attractive. It is also because of how great they make clothes look by wearing them—it is an impressive harmony.
Reply 71
Original post by peasandqueues
as a fellow female...

I DONT BLOODY GET IT? WHAT? SERIOUSLY? i love me some miranda kerr, adriana lima and rosie... ahhh

Yep me too!

I would much rather look like a supermodel TBH, they are most girls' beauty role models I should think! Whereas being a "girl next door" doesn't even require much hard work sometimes, just being born with a relatively pretty face :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest