The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by usamakhanlodhi
Why not? There is a chance the USO final could be contested between the two:smile:

They're always split apart this year, even the first half of 2012 they never met, and it's still bad chances of them getting through berdych, novak, federer and ferrer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
US Open finally starts tomorrow, be interesting to see how Nadal and Federer do in their first round matches tomorrow.
Just realised the US Open is on British Eurosport too, yay :biggrin:
Nadal on at roughly 8pm tomorrow evening, dependent on how long the match/matches before him last. Federer to play at 2am.

Won my final match today 6-4, 6-4, 7-6, so very glad with that - the US Open is starting soon, so life seems great at the moment! XD
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7724
Can't see anyone but Serena winning on the ladies side, she won't want to lose to Azarenka twice in a short space of time. My heart says a Murray/Nadal final with Murray defending his title. More likely Djokovic/Nadal final though. Hope Laura Robson can make it to at least the third round and a probable rematch with Li Na.

Bring it on. :woo:
Reply 7725
Can't wait! Wimbledon seems like bloody ages ago.
Murray/Nadal final? It seems as if they're fated to never meet in a GS Final - in fact, they haven't even played each other in 2 years.

My last minute predictions:

Women's side: Williams vs Azarenka final, Williams wins.

Men's side: Murray vs someone... Murray wins.
Reply 7727
Original post by Krish4791
Murray/Nadal final? It seems as if they're fated to never meet in a GS Final - in fact, they haven't even played each other in 2 years.

My last minute predictions:

Women's side: Williams vs Azarenka final, Williams wins.

Men's side: Murray vs someone... Murray wins.

I sure hope your predictions are right. I wouldn't be surprised to see Murray in the final because I have a feeling DelPo is gonna take Novak out but then he'll be too tired for Murray.
Reply 7728
Obviously, I would like Federer to win, but that won't happen unfortunately. :frown: So, I'm rooting for anyone but Nadal. Novak and And better sort their crap out to take down Rafa in the final.
Reply 7729
Original post by Roger1
Obviously, I would like Federer to win, but that won't happen unfortunately. :frown: So, I'm rooting for anyone but Nadal. Novak and And better sort their crap out to take down Rafa in the final.

Why do you not like Nadal? I thought you hated Andy Murray? Or maybe that was the other guy...
Reply 7730
Some awful serving so far from both sides in Robson's match.
Reply 7731
Original post by PoisonSky
Why do you not like Nadal? I thought you hated Andy Murray? Or maybe that was the other guy...

No, trust me I like Nadal more than Novak and Murray. But, Federer is my all time favourite and if Nadal wins, he is more than likely to break Rogi's slam record and that would be a total disaster to Federer's legacy.

And I don't hate Murray anymore, he seems to be growing on me, though I still don't prefer his style of play. But he is second only to Roger talent wise in top 4.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7732
How is the speed of the courts? Is it slow or quick?
Reply 7733
Cracking match so far between Evans and Nishikori.
Original post by Roger1
How is the speed of the courts? Is it slow or quick?

Tbh, I can't really tell at the moment. Probably easier to say when Rafa and Roger get on court
Reply 7735
This Evans guy is so talented and exciting to watch. Wish he makes it his way up the rankings so I can get to see him more often on bigger tournaments.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7736
Original post by Roger1
This Evans guy is so talented and exciting to watch. Wish he was British number 1 instead of Murray.

How's France?
Reply 7737
Destroyed him.

What a result
Caught the third set of the Evans match, brilliant win for him, in straight sets too. Very happy for him!

Laura looked inevitably rusty at the beginning but was clearly far superior and good to see her finish off the match quickly and come through :smile:
Nadal vs Harrison on. The courts look reasonably quick this year, but can't see much difference compared to last year. The advantage for the players today is that there seems to be very little wind near Arthur Ashe, and that allows the serves to zip through off the surface.

Latest