The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Infinity_4652
Maths, further maths, physics and french

I was hoping to do computing, but i dont really know if i will like it or not. :/

Do you like languages??

Posted from TSR Mobile

French is a really tough A-Level- it is has the joint highest entry requirements with German,Spanish and Further Maths all requiring a Grade A.I'm not going to do French even though I got an A* because I know that it would be immensely difficult.At GCSE, you can't really say you speak French and really you don't know French even if you get an A* but at A-Level, you really have to be good-I think there is a Speaking exam I believe on the course and I would never have passed the unit if it wasn't coursework and you didn't get to memorise it all because once my French teacher got me to practise some French out of the blue and I could only do a few sentences and my answers were a few words.I have still added French and German onto my languages on Facebook, even though I can't speak them.
Original post by architect_2022
Hey I know my exam boards. Can I be added please?

Physics - OCR A
History - OCR B
Maths - Edexcel
Fine Art - Edexcel

Looked at your options and I was gonna ask if you want to be an architect but then I looked at your name:biggrin:
Original post by Red Fox
Looked at your options and I was gonna ask if you want to be an architect but then I looked at your name:biggrin:

:colondollar: Haha yeah, I'm a bit obsessed ( just a tad):biggrin:
I'm insanely bored, I've recently come back from holiday for 5 weeks, but I've gone out to do 'something' almost everyday, but today absolutely nothing. The wait for results was keeping me going, but now I don't even know what to do any more.
:colondollar: Haha yeah, I'm a bit obsessed ( just a tad):biggrin:

I wanted to be an architect until I realised I am **** at art:cool:
Maths, further maths, physics and french

I was hoping to do computing, but i dont really know if i will like it or not. :/

Do you like languages??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool.

I'm doing it, it'll be reet - probably **** but w/e.

I love languages. I got perfect scores in my exams for spanish and french which is cool. The languages I want to really study though are Spanish, French and Dutch - probs have to wait a while for Dutch tho.
Original post by Dalek1099
French is a really tough A-Level- it is has the joint highest entry requirements with German,Spanish and Further Maths all requiring a Grade A.I'm not going to do French even though I got an A* because I know that it would be immensely difficult.At GCSE, you can't really say you speak French and really you don't know French even if you get an A* but at A-Level, you really have to be good-I think there is a Speaking exam I believe on the course and I would never have passed the unit if it wasn't coursework and you didn't get to memorise it all because once my French teacher got me to practise some French out of the blue and I could only do a few sentences and my answers were a few words.I have still added French and German onto my languages on Facebook, even though I can't speak them.

I know its tough, but languages is my favourite thing everrrr! :awesome:
I did AS level french this year, so i know what its like.
I know broken french already, so thats a head start enough to keep me going throughout the year.

Not all sixth form/ colleges ask for grade A, most want grade B.

Original post by Bluffroom
Cool.

I love languages. I got perfect scores in my exams for spanish and french which is cool. The languages I want to really study though are Spanish, French and Dutch - probs have to wait a while for Dutch tho.

I love languages too! :five:
I want to hopefully be fluent in french and italian by the time i go abroad for my 3rd year of uni.

Wow, thats great you did really well in the exams!! :smile:
I got a grade B in gcse french, 4 marks off an A - im not really happy with that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2227
Original post by Red Fox
Disney Miley was definitely porkable.

She's still porkable now. I just wouldn't want to hang around after.
Original post by Red Fox
I wanted to be an architect until I realised I am **** at art:cool:

Heheh its not too late. Depending on what you're taking anyways
Original post by Bluffroom
Cool.

Dutch, eh? :colone:
Original post by Elm Tree
Dutch, eh? :colone:

Yes?
I know broken french already, so thats a head start enough to keep me going throughout the year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is broken french? and how does it compare to French GCSE?You have a 55% chance of getting a D or below in the A-Level by the way and only a 14% chance of getting a B+.However, you got a high B so your chances are higher than the B grades listed.I have been looking at these great and helpful statistics and I want help in making them more useful for me so I could choose my A-Level options-http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=44204685&highlight= .

Posted from TSR Mobile

By broken French do you mean Creole? As I am from the Seychelles, and we speak the same language as Mauritius.
Reply 2233
Original post by Dinasaurus
I'm insanely bored, I've recently come back from holiday for 5 weeks, but I've gone out to do 'something' almost everyday, but today absolutely nothing. The wait for results was keeping me going, but now I don't even know what to do any more.

Join the club, I almost want to go back to school... almost.

Trouble is here there isn't much to do so if I want to see anyone or go into town I have to bike for a few hours to get there, and the weather so far has either been too hot, raining, or stupid windy.

I am literally stranded because of laziness :colondollar:
Heheh its not too late. Depending on what you're taking anyways

Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry:tongue:. Mechanical Engineering is my new goal. Doesn't sound as fun as Architecture though:frown:.
Original post by Tibbz2
Join the club, I almost want to go back to school... almost.

Trouble is here there isn't much to do so if I want to see anyone or go into town I have to bike for a few hours to get there, and the weather so far has either been too hot, raining, or stupid windy.

I am literally stranded because of laziness :colondollar:

Wow that sounds so troublesome, I almost can't wait for school too but I know that once I get into the thick of it, I will regret even thinking that for a second.

I've just been listening to the same song on repeat, wow, what has life come to.
Reply 2236
Wow that sounds so troublesome, I almost can't wait for school too but I know that once I get into the thick of it, I will regret even thinking that for a second.

I've just been listening to the same song on repeat, wow, what has life come to.

Haha yes, too many times I've wished for school and regretted it, so I refuse to do that...

Have a listen to our local rapper for a change: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADtADJOJZUU

:tongue:
Original post by Tibbz2
Haha yes, too many times I've wished for school and regretted it, so I refuse to do that...

Have a listen to our local rapper for a change: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADtADJOJZUU

:tongue:

Wow, I've been to Skeggy twice and being someone who comes from the Seychelles, British beaches aren't really classy at all :colondollar:
Reply 2238
Wow, I've been to Skeggy twice and being someone who comes from the Seychelles, British beaches aren't really classy at all :colondollar:

They aren't! :redface: Especially Skeg :tongue:

I can't stop listening to the song now. Damn.
Original post by Red Fox
Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry:tongue:. Mechanical Engineering is my new goal. Doesn't sound as fun as Architecture though:frown:.

Maybe, but I'm sure you'll be making a ****load more money than me for the next 15 years at least :rolleyes:

Latest