The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2260
Original post by Tibbz2
:lol:

I don't know what I'd preffer... the half-chav, half-foreign Boston... Or all chav of GY :eek:

Tough decision :tongue:

You'd be a fool if you preferred Great Yarmouth. :wink:

I think this page sums up "Yarko" nicely. :smile:
Reply 2261
Original post by Lucas.
You'd be a fool if you preferred Great Yarmouth. :wink:

I think this page sums up "Yarko" nicely. :smile:

Haha that's class :lol:
Original post by Tibbz2
:beer:

I don't actually, however the grades for getting into maths have been raised and the general hate for maths leaves most people who need it only doing maths, I haven't heard of anyone else taking further maths yet apart from myself :lol:

does that mean you will be allowed to take it, seeing as it is just you, if so, i am so jealous, it will be like having your own tutor
I feel far to young to be on an A Level thread :rolleyes:

Anyway I start on the 5th - so excited! I'm taking Biology (Edexcel), History (OCR), English Literature (AQA), and Geography (AQA)

Good luck everyone! :biggrin:
Reply 2264
Original post by JPL9457
does that mean you will be allowed to take it, seeing as it is just you, if so, i am so jealous, it will be like having your own tutor

I doubt it, but I think the class must be pretty small, I doubt many people who are coming in from other schools will be taking it. There are maybe 5 people I know who may have chosen it, but I'm not 100%.

I'm probably getting too optimistic and I'll go in on the first day and there will be a full size class :colondollar: Please God don't let that happen :eek:
Reply 2265
Original post by Tibbz2
Haha that's class :lol:

There was this page too.

Favourite quote: "Yarmouth looks like a town on life support." :congrats:

I'll have a look to see if there's a page on Boston. :wink:
Reply 2266
Original post by Lucas.
There was this page too.

Favourite quote: "Yarmouth looks like a town on life support." :congrats:

I'll have a look to see if there's a page on Boston. :wink:

Hahaha, please do! :biggrin:
Reply 2267
Original post by Tibbz2
Hahaha, please do! :biggrin:

Boston. Sound familiar? :wink:
Reply 2268
Original post by Lucas.
Boston. Sound familiar? :wink:

Very much so :lol:

My favourite: "Silly little townie girls with their hair scraped back to within an inch of its life. Masses of gold dripping from every appendage (who are you trying to impress. You can only afford it because your boyfriend's a drug dealer)"
Reply 2269
Original post by Tibbz2
Very much so :lol:

My favourite: "Silly little townie girls with their hair scraped back to within an inch of its life. Masses of gold dripping from every appendage (who are you trying to impress. You can only afford it because your boyfriend's a drug dealer)"

Sounds like a wonderful place. :lol:
Reply 2270
Original post by Lucas.
Sounds like a wonderful place. :lol:

It is! :tongue: The only one positive I found, which I must agree with, is;

boston grammar school. best time of my life.

Reply 2271
Original post by JPL9457
probably maths, dunno yet

what do you want to do?

you have good taste in subjects

my school's the same, how big were the further maths classes for previous years, the biggest class size ever for further maths at my school was 10

Medicine :rolleyes: :lol:
Reply 2272
Original post by Tibbz2
It is! :tongue: The only one positive I found, which I must agree with, is;

boston grammar school. best time of my life.

Hahaha, I couldn't find any 'real' positives for any places that are relevant to me...

Here's where I'm going to college. Sounds lovely.
Reply 2273
I'm doing OCR MEI. What's the difference between OCR and OCR MEI (I asked before but didn't get a response :frown:)?
Reply 2274
thanks :h: i accidentally deleted the ] after the media one and it messed it all up :lol:

i know only 4 of us :frown: i thought MEI was popular :dontknow:
Reply 2275
Original post by Lucas.
I'm doing OCR MEI. What's the difference between OCR and OCR MEI (I asked before but didn't get a response :frown:)?

MEI is considered harder and has more Units available :h:
Reply 2276
TSR ... an anomaly ..... pffftt that can't be true :colone:
Reply 2277
"Posh, irritating college boys and anyone associated to Winchester college."
Will this be you next year? :wink:

Oh right okay, fair enough. I didn't even realise.. Does that mean it's better to do MEI than any other?
Original post by techno836
MEI is considered harder and has more Units available :h:

Harder...? Damn... I'm not even that good at Maths. I only took it because I like it. :frown:
Original post by Dalek1099
What is broken french? and how does it compare to French GCSE?You have a 55% chance of getting a D or below in the A-Level by the way and only a 14% chance of getting a B+.However, you got a high B so your chances are higher than the B grades listed.I have been looking at these great and helpful statistics and I want help in making them more useful for me so I could choose my A-Level options-http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=44204685&highlight= .

Broken french is the language spoken in mauritius, seychelles and another island which i forgot (la reiniuon i think?).
They are all on the eastern side of madagascar.
Broken french is also known as creole.
Its a mixture of french and indian i think.

These statistics are not really helpful.
Your A level grade does not depend on your gcse grade.
It all depends on how good you study/ revise and how much effort you put into it.

Original post by Dinasaurus
By broken French do you mean Creole? As I am from the Seychelles, and we speak the same language as Mauritius.

Yes, i mean creole.
Seychelles is really awesome!
I was raised up in mauritius for most of my childhood, came to london when i was 7.
Im 17 and i still live in my mauritiun family.
However, i am not mauritiun myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2279
Original post by Lucas.
Hahaha, I couldn't find any 'real' positives for any places that are relevant to me...

Here's where I'm going to college. Sounds lovely.

Very promising :lol: