The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tibbz2
What are you unsure about? Maybe someone can help, unless you've tried that already and are still just stuck!

I think I'm going to choose spanish, geology and biology... But I'm not quite happy with this. I don't know, I may end up making a spontaneous decision tomorrow if I realise I really don't want this. I just hate making life choices :tongue:

I don't think TSR can help me anymore - I'll never be happy haha!
Reply 2281
Original post by HeyThereHarry
I think I'm going to choose spanish, geology and biology... But I'm not quite happy with this. I don't know, I may end up making a spontaneous decision tomorrow if I realise I really don't want this. I just hate making life choices :tongue:

I don't think TSR can help me anymore - I'll never be happy haha!

:lol:

Well good luck making it up on the spot :biggrin:
Original post by Infinity_4652
Broken french is the language spoken in mauritius, seychelles and another island which i forgot (la reiniuon i think?).
They are all on the eastern side of madagascar.
Broken french is also known as creole.
Its a mixture of french and indian i think.

These statistics are not really helpful.
Your A level grade does not depend on your gcse grade.
It all depends on how good you study/ revise and how much effort you put into it.

Yes, i mean creole.
Seychelles is really awesome!
I was raised up in mauritius for most of my childhood, came to london when i was 7.
Im 17 and i still live in my mauritiun family.
However, i am not mauritiun myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The statistics strongly disagree with you.If you can speak broken french then surely you would get an A*( good UMS) at GCSE because by that I think you mean like American English, which I completely hate because it messes up the spell checking of posts.Americans would easily get an A* at GCSE English(2nd Language).
Reply 2283
Oh okay, I'll let you off then. :wink:

Haha wow, they must be pretty good then.. I haven't played chess in ages...

I really don't know anything about A Level Maths... I honestly only took it because I enjoy it, as that's what I was told to do by my school... I should probably look into it before my enrolment on Friday..
Original post by Bluffroom
Cool.

I'm doing it, it'll be reet - probably **** but w/e.

I love languages. I got perfect scores in my exams for spanish and french which is cool. The languages I want to really study though are Spanish, French and Dutch - probs have to wait a while for Dutch tho.

You should come over to the Multilingual and Polyglot Wannabee Thread and say hello of you haven't already :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tess_rach
You should come over to the Multilingual and Polyglot Wannabee Thread and say hello of you haven't already :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I should shouldn't I.
So my friends are back from Leeds festival, they've seen Eminem, Jake Bugg, Johnny Marr etc. and I'm sat here listening to the artists' albums, :sigh:
Reply 2287
Original post by MattFletcher
So my friends are back from Leeds festival, they've seen Eminem, Jake Bugg, Johnny Marr etc. and I'm sat here listening to the artists' albums, :sigh:

Jake lives less than 5 minutes away from me by car (that is if he still resides in Clifton)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr.Nor
Jake lives less than 5 minutes away from me by car (that is if he still resides in Clifton)

Posted from TSR Mobile

lucky thing! :tongue:

That's some expensive stationary :wink:
Damn. Although buying mine seperately it probably accumulates to something similar, given my bus pass is £700 a year:frown:
Damn. Although buying mine seperately it probably accumulates to something similar, given my bus pass is £700 a year:frown:

My school bus pass is over 700 too :frown:

It's ridiculous, how far away is your college?

Basically the ability to get to and from school, one bus goes past my stop one bus back. One bus goes past at 8:15, one leaves college at 4:30. What does yours entitle you to? And how far away is your college from where you get picked up?
It's ridiculous, how far away is your college?

Basically the ability to get to and from school, one bus goes past my stop one bus back. One bus goes past at 8:15, one leaves college at 4:30. What does yours entitle you to? And how far away is your college from where you get picked up?

8 miles away - and its just my school.
8 miles away - and its just my school.

Damn, my high school's only a mile away, but the college is eleven
Reply 2294

Well I'm going to be paying just under £900 across the year in train fares, and that's with a 16-25 Railcard... My Sixth Form College is 10 miles away.

EDIT: I might look at bus fares now actually. I just prefer getting the train because it's quicker and I enjoy getting on trains...
(edited 10 years ago)
Damn, my high school's only a mile away, but the college is eleven

its ridiculous
its ridiculous

disadvantage of living in the middle of nowhere! :tongue:
Because they know they can get away with it :sigh: It's alright, I'll learn to drive this year and so the upper sixth I can drive :tongue:
Original post by techno836
x

OCR maths, further maths and economics; not sure on English lit or mandarin yet :smile:

Can you not walk? £700 is a lot of money :tongue:

Latest