The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EvasiveRose
(*looks embarassed*)
Anyone doing Chemistry, Biology, History and English Lit for A-Level?

I'm starting on the 4th and enrolling on the 3rd.

That seems to be a really late enrollment date.I have decided that 3-4% at GCSE isn't really too much of a deciding factor for an A-Level and it doesn't even specify Geography and asks for Maths and English at BC so that suggests they are more important for the A-Level.Its an expensive A-Level though-it costs £50 to take it.
(*looks embarassed*)
Anyone doing Chemistry, Biology, History and English Lit for A-Level?

I'm starting on the 4th and enrolling on the 3rd.

Hmm History has a big fat 70 marker :gah:
Reply 2322
Haha Ofccourse that's the norm :cool:

Original post by Lucas.
"Posh, irritating college boys and anyone associated to Winchester college."
Will this be you next year? :wink:

Oh right okay, fair enough. I didn't even realise.. Does that mean it's better to do MEI than any other?

Harder...? Damn... I'm not even that good at Maths. I only took it because I like it. :frown:

Haha it'll be fine :yy:
Original post by MattFletcher
"Cum back Luftwaffe"
I'm done :rofl2:

Although a lot is exaggerated on that page, the general idea of the page is correct. Growing up in Coventry is 'character building':lol:. I haven't come across a bigger ****hole in the UK but I'm a proud Coventrian.
Original post by Dalek1099
That seems to be a really late enrollment date.I have decided that 3-4% at GCSE isn't really too much of a deciding factor for an A-Level and it doesn't even specify Geography and asks for Maths and English at BC so that suggests they are more important for the A-Level.Its an expensive A-Level though-it costs £50 to take it.

I know :frown:
:confused:

Original post by Blueray2

Care to elaborate.... :eyebrow:

:bricks: The fact that 70 marks can rest on one question scares me.
Original post by Lucas.
When does everybody start? Because I've just been talking with all my friends, and I seem to be starting quite late (September 9th...).

3rd September (I don't know whether to be happy or sad that it's only about a week away :s-smilie:)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2327
Original post by Lucas.
When does everybody start? Because I've just been talking with all my friends, and I seem to be starting quite late (September 9th...).

September 4th :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know :frown:
:confused:

Care to elaborate.... :eyebrow:

Original post by Red Fox
:bricks: The fact that 70 marks can rest on one question scares me.

Yep you get a big essay question worth 70 marks. :gah:
You'll be fine you'd have learnt it by then.

Well I picked History but then backed out because essays scare me.
Original post by Red Fox
Well I picked History but then backed out because essays scare me.

I dont like essays but once you get the structure its fine :biggrin:

:cry:
Really? Do you get a 70 mark question from all the boards?
:cry:
Really? Do you get a 70 mark question from all the boards?

Not sure , i didn't do all of them :tongue:
Original post by Lucas.

I start on the 3rd, but actual lessons start on the 4th.

How is that even legal?- at least it makes it easy for the exam makers because they only have to write a few paragraphs and add lots of pages and relax, with the thought of hard working students getting the chance to do a 70 mark essay in their heads.I have heard though if I continue with Geography to A2(providing I do end up taking it and there are places available for it because I have to change the subjects I am put down for on enrollment day because Economics clashes with Further Maths:frown:))-I will have to do a 40 mark synoptic essay or something like that but it should be on interesting topics.
Reply 2335
Sixth form starting in about a weeks time and still haven't got all the things I need LOL! Need to buy stationary! Clothes! And text books seeing as my school doesn't give them anymore :sigh:
Ahaha these next couple of days are gonna be frantic!
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

I think you probably should only take History/English Lit if you like essays like I love calculus and algebra though so this should be lovely for them.
Not sure , i didn't do all of them :tongue:

:laugh: You got me there...
I don't mind writting the answer for a 70 mark question, if I have alot to say (I am notorious for writting alot, although I feel bad for the examiners when my writting begins to look like scribbley lines towards the end)
Reply 2338
Eurgh sometimes I hate myself.
Parents making me switch 2 options now, when school starts this week, rather than in the past YEAR when I decided them.

Pardon my French, but ****. :frown:

Latest