The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Afcwimbledon2
How much work have you guys been given for the summer; and more importantly how much have you done?

I've got Geography, History and my Personal Statement, and I've done a tiny bit of Geography :/

Ok, I have been given 20% of my COMP4 coursework (which holds 60% of the A2 grade) to do by 2nd September (of which I am nearing completion having started it 6 days ago, though I do need to interview the user of a program I will be creating :frown: ).

I then have a maths book that introduces us to C3 and C4 in 1,000 questions (not started) which is due for 2nd September as well.

Strangely, physics is completely laid back for the summer holidays and just letting us get on with the brilliant thing us students to best - procrastination. :tongue:

Upside: Less coursework to do in college

Downside: Takes away summer holiday instead :angry:
Original post by techno836
wait a minute do you for some strange reason have 2 accounts? or is it by chance there is a blueray and a blueray2 :O :eek:

2 different accounts, I tried to take the name blueray but it was already taken!! So that was the first thing that came to my mind :biggrin: Besides I have a green gem, the other account has like -6 red gems :s-smilie:
Original post by adi19956
I've been too busy procrastinating over doing maths or my personal statement or my economics homework :smile:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Mind sending me the EU stuff once you do it please? :smile: I'm on edexcel and its relevant to my course :smile: Thanks!
Original post by Cubic
People get homework in the summer holidays?

I didn't. :flip:

Nope :colone:
Just a question guys.. How is everybody doing with their personal statements? How far away is it from completion? Does your college set their own deadline to hand them in? If so, when?

Cheers :smile:
Reply 1604
I got some feedback on my first draft PS from TSR's help service today. It was just a once-over for sense and general content, since no subject helpers are available at the moment, but it was still really helpful. Hopefully it will only need another one or two drafts! It's slightly over the limit by a few characters at the moment. My school's deadline for everyone to submit their UCAS this year is the October half term...! They've pulled it forward from November just to get it out of the way.

How's everyone else doing?
Reply 1605
Original post by CharlieBoardman
Just a question guys.. How is everybody doing with their personal statements? How far away is it from completion? Does your college set their own deadline to hand them in? If so, when?

Someone asks this every few days. My answer's always the same, I just feel more guilty with myself every time. I haven't started it yet :colondollar:

Original post by Blueray2
2 different accounts, I tried to take the name blueray but it was already taken!! So that was the first thing that came to my mind :biggrin: Besides I have a green gem, the other account has like -6 red gems :s-smilie:

Oh okay and well you never know you could have made one just for trolls :lol:
[QUOTE=Paramore

Hey! We started ours in June and continued drafting until we broke up! Still have a little editing to do as I'm over some characters lol but id say I'm nearly done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by techno836
Oh okay and well you never know you could have made one just for trolls :lol:

:rofl: No.

Original post by Paramore<3
I got some feedback on my first draft PS from TSR's help service today. It was just a once-over for sense and general content, since no subject helpers are available at the moment, but it was still really helpful. Hopefully it will only need another one or two drafts! It's slightly over the limit by a few characters at the moment. My school's deadline for everyone to submit their UCAS this year is the October half term...! They've pulled it forward from November just to get it out of the way.

How's everyone else doing?

Barely started mine, wbu? Deadline is end of october.
Someone asks this every few days. My answer's always the same, I just feel more guilty with myself every time. I haven't started it yet :colondollar:

our school FORCED us to give our first draft in before the summer. when people didnt know what to do they were just told to do it in something they like.

pereonally i wud of been happier taking my own time in the summer to do it! :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=Paramore

yepp same our school set our deadline to november aswell, we had to give a first draft in before summer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nada. I've been planning what I'm going to write though so I have a pretty good idea and will have the first draft done by the first week back.

Done my first draft, but that was only because our college wants to see one in September. Our 'proper' deadline (for college, and for medics/Oxbridge applicants) is the 8th October, I think. :smile:

On my second draft right now, nearly done though. My sixth form's deadline is the 8th of November I think
Personal statement is just :unimpressed:

On my fourth draft and its not there yet.
Reply 1615
Original post by Afcwimbledon2
I know the feeling. I have 6 books sitting in my room waiting for me to go through for quotes etc for my first piece of History Coursework, and then to write the rest of the piece of coursework before the second week of term. AAaahhh!

Omg you have to write up your coursework already :frown: I feel for you. It's really hard since my coursework topic really bores me and I really want to enjoy it since I want to study history. What topic are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1616

I *think* I've completed mine, finished on the 4th draft :lol: My sixth form have two deadlines, one for Oxbridge candidates and later on if you're not applying there. I'm on the early deadline which is on the first day back :eek:

Original post by Blueray2

Original post by usycool1

Original post by lisa96

Original post by Endless Blue

Original post by loua96

Cheers for your replies guys. Sorry if people ask this a lot - I don't check the thread regularly! :colondollar: I think it's just my college that are super strict then. They wanted our first draft in before we broke up for summer, but I managed to hide from my Personal Tutor aha. So I started other day, and I've got my first draft complete. It needs work, it it's not a bad first draft I don't think. Our deadline, as Oxbridge applicants, is the 15th September!! So I only have 2-3 weeks to get it perfect. I'm just under the limit, but I do need to add a sentence to elaborate on one of the points I made. I happy with parts of it, and wouldn't like to change it, but I'm not completely satisfied with others..
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by usycool1
University choices! :afraid:

If you're thinking about applying to university and want your choices in the list below, quote this post and I'll add them in for you! :biggrin:

Information you may wish to add:

What course you're going to apply for.

Your AS subjects (and grades if you like).

Your A2 subjects (and predicted/actual grades if you want to).

What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that).

hey everyone! my name's zara :smile: go to school and live in south london woooo
can't believe we're in year 13 already, time has flown by ridiculously quickly :frown: so bittersweet!!

anyway ha

dentistry
as subjects: biology, chemistry, economics, maths, (epq)
a2 subjects: biology, chemistry, economics
unis: depends on ukcat! atm, king's, manchester, cardiff, barts :smile:
Cheers for your replies guys. Sorry if people ask this a lot - I don't check the thread regularly! :colondollar: I think it's just my college that are super strict then. They wanted our first draft in before we broke up for summer, but I managed to hide from my Personal Tutor aha. So I started other day, and I've got my first draft complete. It needs work, it it's not a bad first draft I don't think. Our deadline, as Oxbridge applicants, is the 15th September!! So I only have 2-3 weeks to get it perfect. I'm just under the limit, but I do need to add a sentence to elaborate on one of the points I made. I happy with parts of it, and wouldn't like to change it, but I'm not completely satisfied with others..

Hmm thought you weren't going to go for oxbridge in the end, glad you are now though :biggrin: Good luck!

Latest