The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't think anybody actually knows the answer to this question unless they've spent many hours staring at various facial features and comparing them.
Reply 2
Original post by CJKay
I don't think anybody actually knows the answer to this question unless they've spent many hours staring at various facial features and comparing them.

So are you saying you wouldn't be able to tell whether or not you found a certain girl 'cute' or 'sexy', and why? I didn't mean the question in a clinical sense, just a general one.
Reply 3
this is hard. Cute would be someone who's very kind, sweet and bubbly. Maybe chubby. Sexy would be someone with a big bum, boobs and has confidence.
Reply 4
Emma Watson = Cute
Kelly Brook = Sexy
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
So are you saying you wouldn't be able to tell whether or not you found a certain girl 'cute' or 'sexy', and why? I didn't mean the question in a clinical sense, just a general one.

Sure I can, but I don't know how, or even why.
Reply 6
I would prefer a cute and a girl who respects herself rather than a 'sexy' one.
Cute: prior to any kind of physical stimulation.

Sexy: as soon as they show a physical interest in you.
Reply 8
Like the title says, what physical and behavioural features make a girl 'sexy' rather than 'cute', and which would you prefer?

It depends on my mood, if i'm horny then i'll refer to my girlfriend as 'sexy' which is my hint.. I don't really call her 'cute' aside from the odd compliment. Usually I just call her Em =]
For me, sexy brings to mind a little black/red dress, smouldering eyes, red lips, stilettos and a slightly (if not a lot) intimidating attitude (that doesn't translate to loud and obnoxious, no).

Cute is someone sweet, approachable and warm. The owner of a smile that reaches the eyes.

I tend to associate the first with physical attributes and the second with character. I think most girls can be both sexy and cute. (Mighty lucky to get one!)

But there is no hard definition really.

Edit: I'm a girl but I am bi, so well...:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by AristoBrat!
For me, sexy brings to mind a little black/red dress, smouldering eyes, red lips, stilettos and a slightly (if not a lot) intimidating attitude (that doesn't translate to loud and obnoxious, no).

Cute is someone sweet, approachable and warm. The owner of a smile that reaches the eyes.

I tend to associate the first with physical attributes and the second with character. I think most girls can be both sexy and cute. (Mighty lucky to get one!)

But there is no hard definition really.

Edit: I'm a girl but I am bi, so well...:smile:

Meh I just call girls sexy when I'm horny xD

None of that smouldering red dress bull****.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Flahey
Meh I just call girls sexy when I'm horny xD

None of that smouldering red dress bull****.

Real charming. :rolleyes:
Reply 12
Real charming. :rolleyes:

Oh I can be charming but If I refer to a girl as sexu what I really mean is I would like to ****. My girlfriend has caught onto this by now and calling her sexy really doesnt go down as well as it used to. I don 't really find her sexy anymore anyways.
Reply 13
Sexy depends on personality and clothing. So an alluring personality, flirty, maybe even mysterious. Then clothing which is often revealing to an extent can totally change perception from cute to sexy. From example When Miley was Hannah Montana nobody said she was sexy she was just cute but now (well pre VMA's) lots of people have referred to her as sexy.
Original post by Flahey
Oh I can be charming but If I refer to a girl as sexu what I really mean is I would like to ****. My girlfriend has caught onto this by now and calling her sexy really doesnt go down as well as it used to. I don 't really find her sexy anymore anyways.

Like I said, charming. :rolleyes:

jerkstore-meme-generator-jerk-store-called-they-re-running-out-of-you-b23d5d.jpg
Reply 15
Cute is innocent face, always smiling, dresses sensibly, not too tall or too fat, little make up. (Not every girl can be cute)

Sexy is serious face, short clothes with much of the body shown as possible, not too skinny and has decent size bum and boobs, a lot of make up. (Almost every normal girl can look sexy if they try)

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is a matter of personal taste to me someone showing off most of their body just looks cheap and a bit desperate. Yes guys will look at you but thats because basically there is loads of flesh on display I mean you'd look at a 24 stone fat bloke if he had his top off wouldn't you.
People should dress however they want to but you should ask yourself what kind of person is going to be attracted to you with your bits on display that wouldn't be if they weren't and the answer is generally probably not the kind of person who'd want something more serious.
If you are just out for fun then maybe it is not a bad thing but if you are wondering why you alway end up with tossers then its probably not.
For me personally and I'm sure many others cute is sexy!
Like I said, charming. :rolleyes:

jerkstore-meme-generator-jerk-store-called-they-re-running-out-of-you-b23d5d.jpg

Totally agree with you. :tongue:
Reply 18
As a girl, I hope I can answer this :wink:

To look sexy you have to dress "flirtatious" e.g. short dress, cocktail in one hand, heels, a fair amount of skin on show and a bit of makeup. Obviously you can look like the horniest hoe in the room but if your personality does not portray this then you might as well be wearing a hoodie and some track suit bottoms. To act in a "sexy way" you need to flirt a little! It comes naturally if you're confident - play with your hair, through a few dry jokes, laugh when necessary, smile often, make eye contact, don't slouch, bite your lip etc. I'd say that's a pretty classy way of showing your sexy side off but you could always go down "chav alley" if that's what rocks your boat and that's the attention your looking for. Big hoops, boobs out, hands all over him, flirting with every male body in the club... you get my drift. I can tell you which one I'd prefer! Then again I find it hot when girls are in baggy tops, anklets and a bit of messy hair to chill out in. Just depends how well you know the person and what opinion you want them to have on you.

Hope I've helped :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Like the title says, what physical and behavioural features make a girl 'sexy' rather than 'cute', and which would you prefer?

To me cute is sexy ... But if your talking in a sexual way (like seduction) girls that are very flexible and very good with their hips often get a reaction outta me