The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Right, we have the American regime taking matters into its own hands when CW were blatantly used by the terrorists they sent in.

let's get this war started!
Reply 621
Original post by Lord Hysteria
It's not that complicated at all. Three things happened today of note:

1. Syria agreed to let the United Nations inspect the site of a suspected chemical weapons attack from Monday but a U.S. official said any such offer would be "too late to be credible" and there was little doubt the government was to blame.

2. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Sunday the US military was ready to take action against the Syrian regime if ordered, but stressed that Washington was still evaluating claims of a chemical weapons attack.

3. Iran on Sunday warned the United States against crossing the "red line" on Syria, saying it would have "severe consequences", according to the Fars news agency.

Only the delusional Chomskian-left, at this point, can deny that chemical weapon were used by the Syrian regime against civilians in that incident ...

so fickle, get your facts straight.
Reply 622
Original post by Rovey
Right, we have the American regime taking matters into its own hands when CW were blatantly used by the terrorists they sent in.

let's get this war started!

You've changed your tune. It was actors yesterday.

Any evidence of this?
Reply 623
Original post by Aj12
You've changed your tune. It was actors yesterday.

Any evidence of this?

I said the video that made the headlines was acting. How did i change my tune??

as for evidence of terrorists having CW, watch the vids a few pages back where they confess to not only possessing sarin gas but using it too.

I guess they were idiots for filming THEMSELVES rather than the terrorists filming an attack and conveniently accuse the other side.
Reply 624
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23844643
Syria chemical attack undeniable, says John Kerry

Supposedly they have information that will be released in the next few days. If an intervention does happen it should be to remove Syria's chemical weapons and very little else. To deal with Syria properly would require a complete invasion and long term occupation, just removing Assad will leave Syria in a state akin to Somalia.
Original post by Aj12
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23844643
Syria chemical attack undeniable, says John Kerry

Supposedly they have information that will be released in the next few days. If an intervention does happen it should be to remove Syria's chemical weapons and very little else. To deal with Syria properly would require a complete invasion and long term occupation, just removing Assad will leave Syria in a state akin to Somalia.
I agree, though I can't help wondering how extensive the USA's information is regarding chemical weapons depots. If they're even aware of all of them, which we can't assume, I'm sure I read a news article months back in which someone or other reported the movement of chemical weapons within the country, presumably to make them more deployable. We also can't assume that they all continue to be in the government's hands.
World War 3....
Reply 627
Original post by maletstreet
World War 3....

Its funny how all of a sudden people are interested in Syria...the war is been going on for more than 2 years.

This was not the first chemical attack and dont think its the last as long as bashar is alive he will destroy every living thing in syria...That's what he aims to do, and he will continue to do so unless someone stops him. He is evil and enjoys seeing Muslim Syrians suffocating, you think he has an ounce of humanity?...so our job is to let him to his job by wiping out a whole country full of beauty and heritage.

The tunisian left because he knew its either him or his people, he made the right decision saved so many lives...he got the hint and just left. Otherwise if he had persisted you would have seen a lot of blood. Where as bashar is not just sick he is crazy and am talking here mentally, he knows there is no way out of this, he has gone too deep there is no turning back.

He has scarred too many people, he is not getting away with it...whether its today or after years to come.

But I think, if it wasn't for all those military backing he would have been gone long ago because he would have ran out of ammunition, bloody hell! 200,000 dead, houses destroyed, chemical weapons, must have cost him millions...thus if the terrorist Hezbollah organisation and Russian mafia were not helping him this would have been over. They continue to help...he continues to kill...the world continues to watch...
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by moe.habibi
Hezbollah and is a something like the Al Qaeda terrorists, they are funded by there so called " enemies " and its a huge series of events which is planned for.

Just because you dont know where Qunaitra is and its geological reference to Israel isnt my problem.

and what i ment was the main stream media ( like CNN and such ) are bias and tell the story in their own way to their own advantage.

I've seen Quneitra with my own eyes from the Israeli side, but that doesn't absolve you of the need to present your ideas in a coherent fashion. It seems those ideas are pretty conspiracy-heavy though.
Original post by Lord Hysteria
So, it has absolutely nothing to do with al-Assad's dictatorship, or the protest for more democratic change?

This is a classic case of the racism of low expectations.

Haha, don't you realize it's just the game? The superpowers have been playing it. Have you ever played the game called "the world domination"?
Reply 630
Original post by Aj12
Be difficult for them to carry off a chemical attack this big, reports also suggest it was a rocket attack that set it off. Its far more likely Assad used his chemical arsenal to attack the rebels than they did a false flag attack this big just to discredit him

But it would seems stupid to attack Rebel Acquired Area and then just leave after using Chemical Attacks rather than fight and take it back.
Reply 631
Original post by moe.habibi
That is half the story, Assad is also protecting Israels ( which is American Dominance ) safety...

Tel Aviv University (Israeli University) has something else to say:
http://www.davidicke.com/headlines/65954-a-tel-aviv-university-report-says-saudi-arabia-is-israels-last-hope
Reply 632
Original post by Blue Meltwater

BSm0bOBCYAAAph6.jpg

USA and Israel should have been consolidated in the diagram since they more or less have the same enemies.
Reply 633
Original post by Enoxial
But it would seems stupid to attack Rebel Acquired Area and then just leave after using Chemical Attacks rather than fight and take it back.

Plenty of actions on behalf of both sides have been lacking in sense. It could be as simple as Assad's forces do not have the right capabilities to fight in an area recently hit by chemical weapons.
Reply 634
Original post by Aj12
Plenty of actions on behalf of both sides have been lacking in sense. It could be as simple as Assad's forces do not have the right capabilities to fight in an area recently hit by chemical weapons.

btw can you tell me how many rebels died because of the Chemical attack?
Reply 635
Original post by Enoxial
btw can you tell me how many rebels died because of the Chemical attack?

Nope. I'm hoping for more answer once the UN team over there finishes it's investigations. That will in theory give more answers as to what went on.
Original post by Aj12

i still find it interesting theyd actually use gas so close to their own stations considering gas has a very nasty habit of being blown back onto you like in WW1...
Reply 637
Original post by Aj12
Nope. I'm hoping for more answer once the UN team over there finishes it's investigations. That will in theory give more answers as to what went on.

How can it be that Bashar uses Chemical Weapons on a Rebel aquired area and no rebels were killed?
Reply 638
Original post by cl_steele
i still find it interesting theyd actually use gas so close to their own stations considering gas has a very nasty habit of being blown back onto you like in WW1...

I find it odd Syria has stocks of chemical weapons at all. The weapon is practically worthless in a strategic context. The main reason I think Assad did this is because most of the early reports suggested it was caused by a rocket attack and it included large enough quantities to kill at least 300 people.
Reply 639
Original post by Enoxial
How can it be that Bashar uses Chemical Weapons on a Rebel aquired area and no rebels were killed?

I can't tell you how many rebels were killed nor how many civilians, merely at least 300 are dead. That does not mean no rebels were killed.

Latest