The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blueray2
Those are some of the most active members here, others were banned for other reasons :gah:, but should be back soon :biggrin:

I believe you :eyebrow:
:laugh:
4000 is too short for my liking, it should be letters imo :/ Allow spacing etc.

I agree, I seriously do not know what I can cut without ruining it :facepalm:, also it doesn't seem like a reflection of me at all :s-smilie:
Original post by smile:D
I agree, I seriously do not know what I can cut without ruining it :facepalm:, also it doesn't seem like a reflection of me at all :s-smilie:

Hmm yeah I'm still adding stuff as we speak!!! What subject you going for?
Original post by usycool1
University choices! :afraid:

If you're thinking about applying to university and want your choices in the list below, quote this post and I'll add them in for you! :biggrin:

Information you may wish to add:

What course you're going to apply for.

Your AS subjects (and grades if you like).

Your A2 subjects (and predicted/actual grades if you want to).

What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that).

University courses

If you'd like to make any changes, just quote me. :h:

Oh just seen this, i'm applying for medicine

IB Subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Geography, Maths, English, Japanese
University choices: Queen Mary, St George's, Hull York and Birmingham
Hmm yeah I'm still adding stuff as we speak!!! What subject you going for?

History :smile:, so in a nutshell about the books I've read :biggrin:, yourself?
Has anyone started their EPQ yet? (for those who are doing it :tongue:)
History :smile:, so in a nutshell about the books I've read :biggrin:, yourself?

Your arch rival geography :colone: Haha
Your arch rival geography :colone: Haha

It was actually really tough for me deciding between history and geography- I'm continuing with both to A2 anyway :tongue:, are you applying for a BA or BSc?
Original post by justanotherindigo

done about 4500 words , but it;s only a first draft :smile: you ?
What does EPQ mean?
Do PS appeal to only UK universities or is it compulsory for all universities? Do international students also required to have their own personal statements.

I'm blanked.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1650
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
What does EPQ mean?
Do PS appeal to only UK universities or is it compulsory for all universities? Do international students also required to have their own personal statements.

I'm blanked.

Posted from TSR Mobile

EPQ = Extended Project Qualification. It's a project you can do that is equivalent to an AS level.
If you're a UK student applying abroad, you'll have to check requirements for the countries you're going for. Some require special tests.
If you're international and applying to a UK university, you will have to provide a personal statement and also give proof of proficiency of English.
Original post by adi19956
EPQ = Extended Project Qualification. It's a project you can do that is equivalent to an AS level.
If you're a UK student applying abroad, you'll have to check requirements for the countries you're going for. Some require special tests.
If you're international and applying to a UK university, you will have to provide a personal statement and also give proof of proficiency of English.

ah k. Then this PS is for those who chose UK.
:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1652
Original post by Afcwimbledon2
It does have its advantages - after Christmas we get double the lessons we have to study for one exam.

We are doing Gernan Foreign Policy 1890 -1991 at present. It is quite interesting in fairness!

I forgot about that, I start mine around that time but not as early as you which is good :smile:
I'm so jealous :biggrin: I love learning about Germany, especially at GCSE. I'm doing The Russian revolution for my coursework, I don't understand at all
Zayn Malik engaged to Perrie from Little Mix..

Did I miss something? I don't even remember them dating :eek:
It was actually really tough for me deciding between history and geography- I'm continuing with both to A2 anyway :tongue:, are you applying for a BA or BSc?

BSC :biggrin: wbu
Original post by Ndella
I forgot about that, I start mine around that time but not as early as you which is good :smile:
I'm so jealous :biggrin: I love learning about Germany, especially at GCSE. I'm doing The Russian revolution for my coursework, I don't understand at all

Rather you than me :wink: - Most of my History courses have had Germany involved in some way shape and form.
does anyone know when the extended projects need to be in???
Original post by CharlieBoardman
Your college set up sounds very similar to mine. However, I think 15th September deadline is a little harsh. I've just made my first draft in a day or so. Then had a 2nd undergrad friend from Oxford look at it, and my English teacher from my former high school. I will have my tutors look at it when I get back to college on Monday - they are awful at replying to their emails.

yeah that is a bit! i think our deadline is the 7th october, something like that. yeah i know the feeling, i've sent a couple emails for various reasons to different teachers weeks ago and still haven't heard anything argh

Original post by justanotherindigo

i'm doing an artefact and started at the beginning of july.. still haven't finished it and yet to start writing my 1000 word essay.. oh dear :colondollar::redface:
(edited 10 years ago)
BSC :biggrin: wbu

Sciency eh? I think I probably would have applied for a BA if I hadn't picked history, was considering doing law for a bit though, so glad I didn't pick that :facepalm2:
Started the first draft of my PS. It's actually coming together quite nicely, although I'm having a bit of trouble thinking how best to phrase what I want to say in the first paragraph. (I know what I want to say but can't think how best to express it right now.) :smile: