The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Biomedical Science or Medical Science

Wargwaan everyone :smile:
I just wanted to ask, is there anyone who's in their 1st year of studying Biomedical science/Meical science at the wiolverhampton uni? if there is could you please tell me what your uni timetable is like? Lie how many days are you in ? What times do u start and finish? annd hw many days off you gett?

This info would be much appreciated by me! thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Most of us are as clueless as you are lol, I'm also doing first year bio med still don't know my time table

Posted from TSR Mobile
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Original post by dobby101
Wargwaan everyone :smile:
I just wanted to ask, is there anyone who's in their 1st year of studying Biomedical science/Meical science at the wiolverhampton uni? if there is could you please tell me what your uni timetable is like? Lie how many days are you in ? What times do u start and finish? annd hw many days off you gett?

This info would be much appreciated by me! thanks :smile:

its around 3 days a week......well it should be....i think mine is monday thursday friday for first semest then monday tuesday friday for second semester....but it can still change.
Reply 3
Original post by Fayaiz Ahmed
its around 3 days a week......well it should be....i think mine is monday thursday friday for first semest then monday tuesday friday for second semester....but it can still change.

Where did you check that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by b34tbox4
Where did you check that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i found this file online with the course outline for wolvs, i thin it was showing last years timetable but it might have been the same for this year....
Reply 5
i found this file online with the course outline for wolvs, i thin it was showing last years timetable but it might have been the same for this year....

I e-mailed wolves up and they sent me a document abwt timetables and it was something similar to what you jus said.. yu will only be in uni for 3 days a week... are you studying Biomedical science/ medical science?
Reply 6
I e-mailed wolves up and they sent me a document abwt timetables and it was something similar to what you jus said.. yu will only be in uni for 3 days a week... are you studying Biomedical science/ medical science?

Thanks and bio medical science

same, im doing biomedical science.
Reply 8
same, im doing biomedical science.

Oh right good luck with everything! are yu going to be commuting there or are you going to be living in the halls?
Oh right good luck with everything! are yu going to be commuting there or are you going to be living in the halls?

commuting, 15min bus ride then 20 min train........not too long......should take 1 hour everyday total for a single journey accounting for all the slow lazy walking i will do, me procrastanting and the delays of busses and trains......
Reply 10
commuting, 15min bus ride then 20 min train........not too long......should take 1 hour everyday total for a single journey accounting for all the slow lazy walking i will do, me procrastanting and the delays of busses and trains......

LOL trust me its annoying when trains get cancelled due to the weather espicially in winter :/.. so are yu from Birmingham?
LOL trust me its annoying when trains get cancelled due to the weather espicially in winter :/.. so are yu from Birmingham?

yeah, most likely ill have to set out 30min early during winter but i can cope with that. Im in no mood to be lazy at university.......who would pay 9k to be lazy =/ i did a lot of that in secondary school and bit more than i should have at college.......this is essentially my last defining point of my life on which i will personally base my intelligence and character on. So I am aiming for a minimum of a 2.1 but i would like to get a 1st class masters in biomedical science......that would make me very happy =) what about you, what are you aiming for?
Reply 12
yeah, most likely ill have to set out 30min early during winter but i can cope with that. Im in no mood to be lazy at university.......who would pay 9k to be lazy =/ i did a lot of that in secondary school and bit more than i should have at college.......this is essentially my last defining point of my life on which i will personally base my intelligence and character on. So I am aiming for a minimum of a 2.1 but i would like to get a 1st class masters in biomedical science......that would make me very happy =) what about you, what are you aiming for?

That's true.. I know what yu mean.. and its so easy to be lazy!.. I was aiming for a 2.1 aswell then I wanted to a masters but I dunno what to do it in. Im working as a laboratory technician so maybe I might have better knowledge by the time I finish my degree :smile:
That's true.. I know what yu mean.. and its so easy to be lazy!.. I was aiming for a 2.1 aswell then I wanted to a masters but I dunno what to do it in. Im working as a laboratory technician so maybe I might have better knowledge by the time I finish my degree :smile:

thats awesome, hopefully the work isnt too bad and i can get my head around it quickly....or i can meet some people who do and work with them. Im literally going to uni with like only one friend in the same class maybe so im gonna be making a whole section of friends and hopefully by the end of uni(lol haven't even started and im thinking of the end) i have a group i actually truly like =) it ended up this way in college. I had/have some really great friends......they are mostly going to Birmingham university to study pharmacy/medicine =)
Reply 14
thats awesome, hopefully the work isnt too bad and i can get my head around it quickly....or i can meet some people who do and work with them. Im literally going to uni with like only one friend in the same class maybe so im gonna be making a whole section of friends and hopefully by the end of uni(lol haven't even started and im thinking of the end) i have a group i actually truly like =) it ended up this way in college. I had/have some really great friends......they are mostly going to Birmingham university to study pharmacy/medicine =)

Yeah I heard the course can be abit intense but im sure if you keep up on top of yur work, it'll be okay. Haha yeah my mates going to study biomedical science, yu might see him there :biggrin:.. yur friends must be really clever then!
Yeah I heard the course can be abit intense but im sure if you keep up on top of yur work, it'll be okay. Haha yeah my mates going to study biomedical science, yu might see him there :biggrin:.. yur friends must be really clever then!

lol im guessing every university course is a bit intense, the jump from A levels is meant to freaking huge :eek: but my brother can always help me with stuff. Hes done a masters in pharmacy so im not going solo through it all. Plus google is my friend for when i want to find something out =P and yes, they are. My friends worked a hell of a lot harder than me, if i worked a bit harder i wouldve applied to birmingham. Too late now so its just a matter of working hard now for the next 3-5 years really.
Reply 16
lol im guessing every university course is a bit intense, the jump from A levels is meant to freaking huge :eek: but my brother can always help me with stuff. Hes done a masters in pharmacy so im not going solo through it all. Plus google is my friend for when i want to find something out =P and yes, they are. My friends worked a hell of a lot harder than me, if i worked a bit harder i wouldve applied to birmingham. Too late now so its just a matter of working hard now for the next 3-5 years really.

Haha yeah Google is going to be yur best friend for the next 3- 5 years :P and ur lucky yu got yur brother to help yu then! Never mind the main thing is yu got into Uni// nw time to work yur ass off!
hiya I'm doing biomedical science . so nervous the work is going to be really hard. returning to studying after a break so hope its not too hard. need to get my brain into gear!!
Reply 18
Original post by lyndseybooth88
hiya I'm doing biomedical science . so nervous the work is going to be really hard. returning to studying after a break so hope its not too hard. need to get my brain into gear!!

Lol first year as I hear is a doss, so you got nothing to worry about, just the A2 stuff over again that's all, I think

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending