The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by smile:D
Sciency eh? I think I probably would have applied for a BA if I hadn't picked history, was considering doing law for a bit though, so glad I didn't pick that :facepalm2:

Ehh I hate writing essays though, i'm only doing it because I can do them so to speak :frown:
You doing a law conversion at the end then? :colone:
Original post by Blueray2
Ehh I hate writing essays though, i'm only doing it because I can do them so to speak :frown:
You doing a law conversion at the end then? :colone:

Maybe :wink:, I'm keeping my options open :tongue:, what do you want to do after your degree??
Reply 1662
Original post by Afcwimbledon2
Rather you than me :wink: - Most of my History courses have had Germany involved in some way shape and form.

It's better than Russia lol; so hard to understand. We had to learn about Communism, but I guess since we were studying the Cold War. I hope the Tudors doesn't get boring though
Original post by Endless Blue
Started the first draft of my PS. It's actually coming together quite nicely, although I'm having a bit of trouble thinking how best to phrase what I want to say in the first paragraph. (I know what I want to say but can't think how best to express it right now.) :smile:

The first paragraph's always the hardest :afraid:

Original post by DrumChops
Oh just seen this, i'm applying for medicine

IB Subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Geography, Maths, English, Japanese
University choices: Queen Mary, St George's, Hull York and Birmingham

An IBer :teeth:

Added! :biggrin:
Original post by usycool1
The first paragraph's always the hardest :afraid:

I know! I'm having a hard time with it atm :tongue: How's your PS coming along?
Hello guys I need some help...

I'm going to be applying for Law, however not entirely sure whether i'd like to go down the law route after university or go into something finance related. To keep my options open I think it would be best to pick up AS Maths just incase I decide to go into finance. However, my maths ability is not the best. I originally got a C at GCSE with AQA, in Year 12 I resat with Edexcel and got an A, however maths a level is completely different to gcse. If I was to pick up AS Maths then I would probably go to my local all boys school (my school allows students to go there to study 1 subject) as the maths teachers at my school are terrible. Only thing is that the all boys school teaches OCR Maths which is apparently the hardest board? whereas my school teaches maths on AQA.

Really confused about what to do right now
Original post by smile:D
Maybe :wink:, I'm keeping my options open :tongue:, what do you want to do after your degree??

Hmm get a job hopefully, need to get offers from my unis even before I think about that hahah! :biggrin: wbu?

Original post by lisa96

I'm going to be applying for Law, however not entirely sure whether i'd like to go down the law route after university or go into something finance related. To keep my options open I think it would be best to pick up AS Maths just incase I decide to go into finance. However, my maths ability is not the best. I originally got a C at GCSE with AQA, in Year 12 I resat with Edexcel and got an A, however maths a level is completely different to gcse. If I was to pick up AS Maths then I would probably go to my local all boys school (my school allows students to go there to study 1 subject) as the maths teachers at my school are terrible. Only thing is that the all boys school teaches OCR Maths which is apparently the hardest board? whereas my school teaches maths on AQA.

Don't do maths, law doesn't require maths, and you will probably fail it as its much harder than gcse. Also going to the boys school is a hassle.
Original post by lisa96

Why do you want to go into law? It's a pretty different world from finance, unless you're only really interested in the money, (which I'm getting the impression you are so far). Could you explain your situation with the Maths again? So you've done Y12, and got an A?
three past papers done for c1 maths,which i'm resitting next june and i have 2 B's and an A - thank god i've done my personal statement too,just wondering where to apply to now!
Original post by Pandora.
x

I need your (or anyone who is good at English/has a good vocabulary) help! Can you think of a good synonym for me to use in my PS instead of "attending"? Just to give context

"____________ meetings with clients.."

Reason being, I've already used attending to open my second paragraph and I really hate repeating words like this! If there's nothing suitable I will just have to use it but I'd really prefer not to, if at all possible.

Thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 1670
I need your (or anyone who is good at English/has a good vocabulary) help! Can you think of a good synonym for me to use in my PS instead of "attending"? Just to give context

"____________ meetings with clients.."

Reason being, I've already used attending to open my second paragraph and I really hate repeating words like this! If there's nothing suitable I will just have to use it but I'd really prefer not to, if at all possible.

Thanks! :biggrin:
"Turn up to"? :tongue:

Just kidding. What exactly were you doing? If you weren't an active participant, you could use "observing"? "Sitting in on"? "Being present at"?
Original post by Blueray2
Hmm get a job hopefully, need to get offers from my unis even before I think about that hahah! :biggrin: wbu?

Don't do maths, law doesn't require maths, and you will probably fail it as its much harder than gcse. Also going to the boys school is a hassle.

No idea :rolleyes:, I'm hoping for a sudden spark of inspiration
Original post by Pandora.
"Turn up to"? :tongue:

Just kidding. What exactly were you doing? If you weren't an active participant, you could use "observing"? "Sitting in on"? "Being present at"?

Observing might work. Thanks!
Observing might work. Thanks!

Did u draw ur new avatar?
Original post by keromedic
Did u draw ur new avatar?

Haha, no, although I wish I did :biggrin:
Course:not even sure.law or accounting and finance :/
AS subjects: Economics (A), History (A), law (B),English literature(C)
A2 subjects: Economics, History, Law
University choices: york, Manchester, Nottingham,, kings college
Biology A2 is way better than AS. I've almost finished covering unit 4
Reply 1677
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Biology A2 is way better than AS. I've almost finished covering unit 4

yay :biggrin: didn't I tell you? :woo:

also got my first choice accmmodation today and part of my timetable :redface:
Original post by lilGem
yay :biggrin: didn't I tell you? :woo:

also got my first choice accmmodation today and part of my timetable :redface:

Afraid to say it, but you did :facepalm: