The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7740
Original post by 419
How's France?

What do you mean by that?
In ten years I might be more excited for the legends tour than the atp tour. Fed/nadal/muzza/nole.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7742
My eleven game accumulator came through last night, put all the winnings on to today's, betting on wins for:

Kvitova
Raonic
Wozniacki
Federer
Stosur
Petkovic
R. Vinci
Janowicz
Berdych
Original post by PoisonSky
Why do you not like Nadal? I thought you hated Andy Murray? Or maybe that was the other guy...

the are both arrogant as hell soo they are hate-able
Reply 7744
Original post by confusedsixthforme

Murray isn't arrogant though, which is why I'm starting to like him. On court, he may have a temper, but off it, he is about as genuine and humble as they come.

Since when is Nadal "arrogant"? He only seemed that way in his young days because his English was not as good as it is now, so he could not find the right words to express himself.
Original post by Krish4791
Since when is Nadal "arrogant"? He only seemed that way in his young days because his English was not as good as it is now, so he could not find the right words to express himself.

Couldn't agree more. He's the nicest guy out of the 'big four', IMO.
Anyone see Nadals shot? My god.

Shot of the tournament already. :coma:
Reply 7748
Original post by Malevolent
Anyone see Nadals shot? My god.

Shot of the tournament already. :coma:

It was amazing, couldn't believe he managed it at first
Original post by confusedsixthforme

Perhaps i'm wierd but i've never remotely cared about how arrogant a player is, they are not my friends so it does not matter.

Rather i like Federer, Nadal and Del Potro for how they play and dislike Djokovic and Murray for being bland.
Original post by Rakas21
Perhaps i'm wierd but i've never remotely cared about how arrogant a player is, they are not my friends so it does not matter.

Rather i like Federer, Nadal and Del Potro for how they play and dislike Djokovic and Murray for being bland.

Same I don't give a crap how arrogant they are. Most of the greats had a little mean/arrogant side to them which made them so good. Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan and all that.

Can understand the boring label and that.
Reply 7751
Guess who's back from the dead....:wink:
Original post by ubi1
Guess who's back from the dead....:wink:

MATE, where have you been? :biggrin: You've missed a fair amount
Reply 7753
I swear to GOD i predicted this Djokovic to face Delpo in quarters and Mr Nads vs Mr Feds in Quarters for the first time ever!!!!!!:smile:
Janowicz lost in straight sets today - disappointing, to say the least. I really thought he could break through and make another semi-final here.
So Janowicz and Dimitrov out, the former had a long chat with trainer. But yes it's a shame as Janowicz had a relatively open draw, and Dimitrov really needs to go deep in a GS for once...
Reply 7756
MATE, where have you been? :biggrin: You've missed a fair amount

I was on a holiday to Dubai with Fam, so nice to see my results and i've just read your comments about the US open Draw so happy for Rafa. Davedenko OMG! 6/6 FINALLY? HAHAHA i though Davedenko may retire and keep his prestigious record then again he may not even face Rafa to keep the H2H positive.:wink:
Original post by ubi1
I was on a holiday to Dubai with Fam, so nice to see my results and i've just read your comments about the US open Draw so happy for Rafa. Davedenko OMG! 6/6 FINALLY? HAHAHA i though Davedenko may retire and keep his prestigious record then again he may not even face Rafa to keep the H2H positive.:wink:

Nadal will probably level the H2H if Davy makes it through to the 3rd Round. Davy's not the player he once was, and Nadal is playing some great tennis right now.

Yeah, I was a little bit annoyed with the draw :tongue: Great draw for Rafa though. Then again, there are 3 really good prospective quarter-finals, so I can't really complain if everyone gets to that stage!

How was the holiday, btw?
Reply 7758
Nadal will probably level the H2H if Davy makes it through to the 3rd Round. Davy's not the player he once was, and Nadal is playing some great tennis right now.

Yeah, I was a little bit annoyed with the draw :tongue: Great draw for Rafa though. Then again, there are 3 really good prospective quarter-finals, so I can't really complain if everyone gets to that stage!

How was the holiday, btw?

Really nice stayed in Burj al Khalifa the tallest bloody building/hotel in the world. Dubai is such a luxurious place to visit. 20 years ago it was nothing. But now probably the best place to visit.
Original post by ubi1
Really nice stayed in Burj al Khalifa the tallest bloody building/hotel in the world. Dubai is such a luxurious place to visit. 20 years ago it was nothing. But now probably the best place to visit.

The Burj? Awesome! Must be a great place for a holiday, I'll definitely visit when I get the chance.

Latest