The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2380
Original post by Mr.Nor
That's weird then as the download I used had flux stuck on Intimacy......

And I'm staying at my schools sixth form but luckily I keep converting people to good music :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe it was put on Intimacy too then? I really don't know... All I know is that AWITC got re-released so they could put Flux on it. :tongue:

Well I'm off to a Sixth Form College and there will be about 400 people in my year.. A massive step up from the 140 I previously had. My school doesn't have a Sixth Form attached, so we all have to go elsewhere, and the majority, around 70 people, go to the same place I'm going.

I used to be in an indie band before and we put some stuff online, but it was horrifically bad... We only played like three gigs. Two of which were at our school.. So we only played one gig. :rolleyes:

It's just so hard to find a drummer. :frown:
Reply 2381
Original post by Lucas.
Maybe it was put on Intimacy too then? I really don't know... All I know is that AWITC got re-released so they could put Flux on it. :tongue:

Well I'm off to a Sixth Form College and there will be about 400 people in my year.. A massive step up from the 140 I previously had. My school doesn't have a Sixth Form attached, so we all have to go elsewhere, and the majority, around 70 people, go to the same place I'm going.

I used to be in an indie band before and we put some stuff online, but it was horrifically bad... We only played like three gigs. Two of which were at our school.. So we only played one gig. :rolleyes:

It's just so hard to find a drummer. :frown:

I have the physical of AWITC and its not on there haha and my year is only 80 people now...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've just started watching Arrow and I'm finding it enjoyable.
Original post by Red Fox
I've just started watching Arrow and I'm finding it enjoyable.

I love the uniqueness of how they show the plotline - or shall I say, plotlines. Although acting from the lead can be a bit bland at times, it is a fantastic show overall. The battle scenes rarely disappoint. Subordinate plots have sufficient emotional detail.

Also... if you watch it for long enough... it eventually just becomes one huge Doctor Who reunion. :biggrin: (Spoilers!)
Original post by NikolaT
I love the uniqueness of how they show the plotline - or shall I say, plotlines. Although acting from the lead can be a bit bland at times, it is a fantastic show overall. The battle scenes rarely disappoint. Subordinate plots have sufficient emotional detail.

Also... if you watch it for long enough... it eventually just becomes one huge Doctor Who reunion. :biggrin: (Spoilers!)

Not a Doctor Who fan anyway:tongue:. I'm currently on episode 6 and I love it.
Reply 2385
Anyone know what enrichment they're doing? Is young enterprise a good one, since it gives UCAS points:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr234
Anyone know what enrichment they're doing? Is young enterprise a good one, since it gives UCAS points:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Further Maths takes up my enrichment. UCAS points aren't everything anyway:tongue:.
hello everyone
Reply 2388
Original post by sr234

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to do some form of music enrichment. The college I'm going to used to offer Music Technology as an A Level, but the teacher left so now they can't run it. Instead, one of the Media Studies guys organises events for bands and solo artists to play throughout the year, alongside other music related stuff, so I'm probably going to do that. Most of the enrichment at my college is sport related... I hate sport... Unless it's a good ol' game of rounders. :wink:

Enrichment at my college is pretty cool. Lessons are 90 minutes long, and there are 4 lessons a day. So on a Wednesday afternoon, rather than having two lessons, everyone comes off timetable for around three and a half hours, and we do enrichment then. Well, you can just go home if you want to... But I'm doing enrichment. :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
'Enrichment'... o.0?
Reply 2390
Original post by Lucas.
I'm going to do some form of music enrichment. The college I'm going to used to offer Music Technology as an A Level, but the teacher left so now they can't run it. Instead, one of the Media Studies guys organises events for bands and solo artists to play throughout the year, alongside other music related stuff, so I'm probably going to do that. Most of the enrichment at my college is sport related... I hate sport... Unless it's a good ol' game of rounders. :wink:

Enrichment at my college is pretty cool. Lessons are 90 minutes long, and there are 4 lessons a day. So on a Wednesday afternoon, rather than having two lessons, everyone comes off timetable for around three and a half hours, and we do enrichment then. Well, you can just go home if you want to... But I'm doing enrichment. :tongue:

Haha that's really cool!:cool: Do you perform?
Yh they offered dance, badminton etc.. at my college but unfortunately i have two left feet and stage fright!:tongue:
At some colleges enrichment is essential, at mine's it's optional - is yours essential/optional?
What are your career plans, if you don't mind me asking?:smile:
It's just that i've chose young enterprise and im thinking of a science based career, is it better if your enrichment is linked to your future job prospects?
p.s sorry for bombarding you with questions:biggrin:
Reply 2391
Original post by NikolaT
'Enrichment'... o.0?

Enrichment -activities/volunteering provided by your college, the aim is to either boost your CV and in some cases make you a better candidate for a job. Some enrichment's are appealing to Uni's so it's always good to do one:smile:
Reply 2392
Original post by sr234
Haha that's really cool!:cool: Do you perform?
Yh they offered dance, badminton etc.. at my college but unfortunately i have two left feet and stage fright!:tongue:
At some colleges enrichment is essential, at mine's it's optional - is yours essential/optional?
What are your career plans, if you don't mind me asking?:smile:
It's just that i've chose young enterprise and im thinking of a science based career, is it better if your enrichment is linked to your future job prospects?
p.s sorry for bombarding you with questions:biggrin:

It's cool don't worry, I'll answer them all. :wink:

Not currently, but I have performed in a band numerous times (3...), and I used to do some acting thing when I was 10-12, but I dropped that because I lost interest and I probably wasn't that great anyway. I just love being on a stage though and prancing around whilst holding an instrument.. It's great.

As far as I know it's optional at my college, but I'm doing it anyway so it doesn't matter to me. :smile:

I don't have a career plan... I don't even want to go to college. If I could have things my way, I'd be working right now, saving up to travel the world. But it looks like I'm still going to be able to do that, I'll just be working in a part-time job. Honestly, the things I would do just to be able to tour in a band and travel the world... These guys are living the life right now. They're massive in their scene, but hardly known to the majority of people. That video just gets me stoked on life. That's what I want to do. In regards to education, I have no clue. I just took two subjects I enjoy (Maths and German) and two subjects that I'm interested in (Psychology and Sociology). I wouldn't mind doing a degree in Criminology... But apart from that, I really don't know.

I don't know what that is, but I guess if your enrichment is somewhat related to your chosen career path then it will give you an upper-hand.

Sorry for the essay, but you asked. :wink:
Reply 2393
Decided to order Breaking Bad on DVD, but I really don't have the money for it. I will watch all of it then hopefully can sell it quickly for a good part of it back!
Original post by Mr.Nor
I think my parents have one but idk where it is :eek: vinyls are about £20 at this shop in town. There's one vinyl coming out that i definitely want though....

What is it? We have stuff on Vinyl that we don't have on CD, and so I want to play them! They are expensive! I might end up going to car boot sales instead! :tongue:
Original post by Tibbz2
Decided to order Breaking Bad on DVD, but I really don't have the money for it. I will watch all of it then hopefully can sell it quickly for a good part of it back!

I don't understand why anyone would buy DVDs in this day and age *cough* sharing is caring *cough* so many people do it *cough*
Original post by sr234
Enrichment -activities/volunteering provided by your college, the aim is to either boost your CV and in some cases make you a better candidate for a job. Some enrichment's are appealing to Uni's so it's always good to do one:smile:

Oh, right, I think we have something that's meant to be like that - it's just the term 'enrichment' caught me completely off guard. :biggrin:

If I'm right, then in my equivalent of enrichment, I'll be trying to get some sort of award in Japanese. :cool:
Original post by Tibbz2

I don't know anyone who uses DVD's anymore

Original post by Bude8
I don't understand why anyone would buy DVDs in this day and age *cough* sharing is caring *cough* so many people do it *cough*

Hell yeah :cool:
Reply 2398
Original post by MattFletcher
What is it? We have stuff on Vinyl that we don't have on CD, and so I want to play them! They are expensive! I might end up going to car boot sales instead! :tongue:

What's your budget for a record player? And would you want just a portable player with average built-in speakers, or a proper hi-fi system with decent external speakers?

If you already have a nice pair of speakers, then you might only need a USB turntable, which you can get extremely cheap.
Reply 2399
Original post by MattFletcher

Felt Mountain by Goldfrapp it's my favourite album of all time :drool: their new album leaked and it's my favourite this year it's just so good

Latest