The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Hugh Stewart Halls 2013

Scroll to see replies

I'm Cesca, and I am reading Economics and International Economics (Bsc), I'll also be following a Computer Science (Bsc) however :smile:

I will be living in Brazil for the next 3 months, and have lived in Greece and Spain - so I'm a bit of a world traveller! (And would gladly offer up conversational practice to anyone with a language component to their course).
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 21
Hi guys,
I'm Jess and I'm hoping to study architecture, anyone else?

Also I was wondering if anyone knows what the Internet situation is, whether its wifi or a cable in the room?
Reply 22
Original post by jessrust
Hi guys,
I'm Jess and I'm hoping to study architecture, anyone else?

Also I was wondering if anyone knows what the Internet situation is, whether its wifi or a cable in the room?

Hi I'm Hannah and I'm a second year moving back into halls :smile: I do French and Chinese, nice to have read about so many language students YEY. There is this thing that you have to do which involves downloading and installing something which can be found here. It's easier if you do it before you arrive http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/is/connect/sns/preparingtousesns.aspx
Apparently the connection is really weird sometimes.
Reply 23
Original post by Bearbeige
Hi I'm Hannah and I'm a second year moving back into halls :smile: I do French and Chinese, nice to have read about so many language students YEY. There is this thing that you have to do which involves downloading and installing something which can be found here. It's easier if you do it before you arrive http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/is/connect/sns/preparingtousesns.aspx
Apparently the connection is really weird sometimes.

Thanks for the Tip Hannah!
Reply 24
Hi I'm Alex from Somerset, I will be studying Mechanical Engineering too so should be interesting :P I'm gonna be having a large single study being the large rugby player I am, anyway providing I get the results, it should be fun, see you all there :smile:
Hi
Reply 26
See you all there! :biggrin:
Original post by jessrust
Thanks for the Tip Hannah!

hey i'm also a 2nd year moving back in2 Hugh Stu. What block are u in. I study mathematical physics :smile:
hey so what are ur interests future Hugh Stu folk? what societies u thinkin of joinin? :smile:
Reply 29
Anyone know if there's like a communal kitchen or something, and what's in it? I'm not sure if i'm going to have to buy cutlery etc.. as it's catered. Apologies if this is a stupid question :<
Reply 30
Just wondering, is there a desk lamp or mirror in the room? Vaguely remember someone on another hall thread saying there was no mirror, didn't know if hu stu was the same! Thanks :biggrin:
Original post by JAJC
Anyone know if there's like a communal kitchen or something, and what's in it? I'm not sure if i'm going to have to buy cutlery etc.. as it's catered. Apologies if this is a stupid question :<

Yes there is a communal kitchen in every block( a block has 18 or so rooms ). It usually has a microwave oven and a kettle. There is a sink as well. You could get your own kettle (if u prefer), cup/glass , spoons ,may be a plate .There is a mini fridge in all rooms as you would know. So it all depends on your preferences.

Hope this helps
Original post by jessjess
Just wondering, is there a desk lamp or mirror in the room? Vaguely remember someone on another hall thread saying there was no mirror, didn't know if hu stu was the same! Thanks :biggrin:

Hi jess
You should find a desk lamp in your room when you arrive . There is a mirror above the sink in all the rooms.
Any final/third year students moving in ? I'm a third yr doing economics.
Reply 34
Original post by Econ@Notts2ndyr
Hi jess
You should find a desk lamp in your room when you arrive . There is a mirror above the sink in all the rooms.

Thanks! I'm in a shared ensuite so I guess the mirror will just be in the bathroom?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I'm Priyanka, studying International Relations, shared ensuite room, see you all there :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by shiinkii
I'm currently in raleigh park, it wasnt what i expected so I'm staying in Hugh stu next year, get the hall experience before moving into a house. You do realize engineering is like 99% guys right.

I'm the same, I lived at St Peter's Court in my fort year and it wasn't what I'd expected at all as there was a massive social divide. I'd like to try living in a (hopefully) more community based environment.
Reply 37
Original post by physicsfanatic1
hey i'm also a 2nd year moving back in2 Hugh Stu. What block are u in. I study mathematical physics :smile:

That's really cool! I'd have loved to have done something like that but I wasn't about to get a decent enough grade in A Level maths to go to a red brick, fickle as that may be. I should, fingers crossed, be in N block as I didn't specify a room assuming they'd put the 2nd years in the vicinity of each other. I rang up and found out they'd put me in one of the prison-y blocks though so I asked to be moved and asked for a confirmation email saying I'd been moved. So fingers crossed there's no cock ups.

Plus, how do I get the multi quote to work anyone? :biggrin:
Reply 38
Original post by Bearbeige
That's really cool! I'd have loved to have done something like that but I wasn't about to get a decent enough grade in A Level maths to go to a red brick, fickle as that may be. I should, fingers crossed, be in N block as I didn't specify a room assuming they'd put the 2nd years in the vicinity of each other. I rang up and found out they'd put me in one of the prison-y blocks though so I asked to be moved and asked for a confirmation email saying I'd been moved. So fingers crossed there's no cock ups.

Plus, how do I get the multi quote to work anyone? :biggrin:

What number did you ring, i might do that as well. I really dont want to live in the crappy blocks. Which blocks are good to be in?
Reply 39
Original post by shiinkii
What number did you ring, i might do that as well. I really dont want to live in the crappy blocks. Which blocks are good to be in?

I rang the accommodation office but the likelihood of there being a room for you to swap into now is not high I don't think. Try though :smile: I'm not sure exactly of good and bad blocks, I just know that X Y and Z are the blocks built onto the hall. I.e they don't have any of the character of the actual hall..they're just a bit mobile classroom-y.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending