The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

English literature 2013/book list

Hi :smile:
My place for 2013 for English Literature at Bangor has been confirmed as of yesterday, just wondering if anyone knows which books I will be needing and where I can get them?
Also if anyone currently studying English at Bangor has any advice for me :smile:
Thanks!
I did something like this for the literature course I applied for at my university. I simply contacted the school, i'm guessing yours would the humanities school (?), and requested a reading list. The next thing I know, the lecturer for the first year core module sent me a handbook containing everything I needed to read (and other material too).

When I was applying to another university (the year before last, before I changed my mind on the university), I contacted the department for my course, and they sent me a reading list too. :smile:

You can usually find what you need, somewhere, on the website. But sometimes they can be a little difficult to find right away.
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank you :smile: I'm going for another visit on Monday so ill ask them if I can have one!
Reply 3
Hi, did you get a list? Sorry, I'm doing english too and I have no idea :')
Reply 4
Original post by holster01
Hi, did you get a list? Sorry, I'm doing english too and I have no idea :')

Hi :smile: When i went to visit one of the tutors gave me a booklet about each module but because we choose our modules we won't know what to buy until then! But there are 6 books we have to buy which we use quite a lot: The 9th edition of Norton Anthology of English Literature editions A-F which costs around £70 unfortunately :/ Hope this helped :smile:
Reply 5
Ah. Wowww... but thank you for letting me know :smile: p.s. may seek further English help in September xD
Hey, I'm doing English too! Just to be clear we don't actually have to buy anything until we've picked our modules in Freshers week? I'm panicking slightly haha! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by SophieHarriet.
Hey, I'm doing English too! Just to be clear we don't actually have to buy anything until we've picked our modules in Freshers week? I'm panicking slightly haha! :smile:

hey :smile: Those 6 books are mandatory for all English students for the core modules as far as i know, so i've ordered them (You can get them on amazon or waterstones for the same price) :smile: But we probably won't be using them in the freshers- well i hope not anyway!- so you have a while yet!
Reply 8
Original post by holster01
Ah. Wowww... but thank you for letting me know :smile: p.s. may seek further English help in September xD

It is a lot :/ But i got them for around £68 from Waterstones if you wanted to get them now! You're welcome :smile: haha that's ok, i'll probably be doing the same :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest