The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Schafer House 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
how can I get my reading list? I start to panic.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 61
Original post by GBee0000
I can make curry, I'm an okay cook actually!

It's just me then who's useless in the kitchen :biggrin: I would love to try your curry!
Reply 62
Original post by GBee0000
Everyone seems so informed, I have no idea about events going on and Fresher's week etc, how is everyone finding out these things?? Been sent my reading list but haven't ordered anything yet. Is anyone doing an Archaeology course?

I barely have any idea what's going on either :confused: The little I do know is from joining the UCL Freshers group on Facebook.
Reply 63
Have you already got the invitation email to ISOP?
Reply 64
I didn't receive anything from UCL. Is the pre-enrollment in the same email with the ISOP registration?
Reply 65
neither did I :frown:
Reply 66
did you hear about any building site near our house?
Reply 67
Original post by dumitra
did you hear about any building site near our house?

I was in London on Sunday and went to walk around near schafer and there didn't seem to be any building work at all, the work that was going on was on a building opposite ours and that looks to have been finished :smile:
Reply 68
just curious.... did you post this on UCL freshers fb as well?
Reply 69
Original post by dumitra
just curious.... did you post this on UCL freshers fb as well?

Yep, same question got asked :smile:
Reply 70
ok.
Reply 71
this has been posted on the schafer house fb page, but I will post here too. I found it really helpful.
http://www.uclsingaporesociety.com/uploads/1/0/6/7/10672200/2012_uclss_freshers_accommodation_guide_latest_16april.pdf

page 34-35 is about schafer house. bear in mind this is written by students, so it tends to be more realistic.
Reply 72
Original post by dumitra
this has been posted on the schafer house fb page, but I will post here too. I found it really helpful.
http://www.uclsingaporesociety.com/uploads/1/0/6/7/10672200/2012_uclss_freshers_accommodation_guide_latest_16april.pdf

page 34-35 is about schafer house. bear in mind this is written by students, so it tends to be more realistic.

Thanks for posting that. Good to hear that the rules on blu-tack aren't imposed strictly. I have about 50 posters I want to put up :tongue:
Reply 73
Original post by dumitra

Haha I like the part about Schafer being very lax on rules and security! All the rules sent by UCL seemed ridiculously strict!
Reply 74
http://uclu.org/about-uclu/welcome-festival-2013

Only just looked at this page, our freshers ball is at the Ministry of Sound?!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Hi :smile:

Reading the previous messages on this thread, shafer house sounds like fun place to be!! I'll probably arrive around the 19th just in time for ISOP :wink:
Reply 76
Original post by Garam128
Hi :smile:

Reading the previous messages on this thread, shafer house sounds like fun place to be!! I'll probably arrive around the 19th just in time for ISOP :wink:

it is a great place. we have all the facilities ( like laundry room, which most of the houses don't have) and courtyard. I am over the moon because of that.
you should get some sleep as soon as you get there. at 19.00 is the boat party for isop students, if you'd like to join.

where are you from?
Reply 77
Hi everyone,

Can't wait to move in - i'm going to be studying human sciences. Is anyone else also studying human sciences?
Also, what fresher events is everyone planning on going to. :biggrin:
Reply 78
Original post by Ellie894
http://uclu.org/about-uclu/welcome-festival-2013

Only just looked at this page, our freshers ball is at the Ministry of Sound?!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Amazing, right?!

Original post by Betherella93
Hi everyone,

Can't wait to move in - i'm going to be studying human sciences. Is anyone else also studying human sciences?
Also, what fresher events is everyone planning on going to. :biggrin:

The acoustic night looks good, other than that I've not really looked at UCL's freshers events. I bought a couple tickets for clubs though. What about you?
Reply 79
Original post by lynz_
Amazing, right?!

The acoustic night looks good, other than that I've not really looked at UCL's freshers events. I bought a couple tickets for clubs though. What about you?

Yea i've only just started looking the UCLU events but the acoustic night and a few others look quite good. I haven't bought any tickets yet thinking of Fiesta at KOKO,and the neon glove rave but other than that i'm not sure. What tickets have you bought?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending