The Student Room Group

How to forget heartbreak

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I found it hard to get over one girl. But then I started to chat to other girls and then I was no longer attached to the original girl.
Reply 21
Original post by Super Koopa
I hope to God you're right... If I could somehow end up with someone else within a year to look back on this with, I'd be as shocked as a cat thrown into water. XD Like I said, though, it's been two months (well, near enough), and the feelings are just as bad as they were before.

And the only hobby I really have is video gaming (just started a Phoenix Wright game and I love it!), which isn't a very outward and social one.

Trust me, you will. You're so young as well, likelihood is you're going to have a plenty more heartbreaks along the way, get used to it :wink:
Yeah I get that but in the grand scheme of things, two months isn't that long, you should give yourself more time but something/someone will come along to take away the pain, it's just the way of the world.
I was in love with someone for 3 years on and off, when it finally ended properly I thought, I've spent too long hung up on this person, so I gave myself the chance to be happy with someone else and now I honestly don't understand why I liked the other person so much/can't remember what all the pain even felt like.
Reply 22
Original post by mbbx5va2
I found it hard to get over one girl. But then I started to chat to other girls and then I was no longer attached to the original girl.

That would probably work, but I really haven't got the confidence to do that... And besides, I wouldn't just want to be with someone for the sake of it, but when Imget that feeling.
Reply 23
Original post by mbbx5va2

That would probably work, but I really haven't got the confidence to do that... And besides, I wouldn't just want to be with someone for the sake of it, but when Imget that feeling.

Original post by lalalaliv
Trust me, you will. You're so young as well, likelihood is you're going to have a plenty more heartbreaks along the way, get used to it :wink:
Yeah I get that but in the grand scheme of things, two months isn't that long, you should give yourself more time but something/someone will come along to take away the pain, it's just the way of the world.
I was in love with someone for 3 years on and off, when it finally ended properly I thought, I've spent too long hung up on this person, so I gave myself the chance to be happy with someone else and now I honestly don't understand why I liked the other person so much/can't remember what all the pain even felt like.

You're probably right. Two months isn't that long, and the pain is slowly dying down, but the first heartbreak is always the worst. Hopefully, I'll get over it and stop getting hung up over her. I laughed it off initially, though, saying I was like Brock from Pokémon because I'd been rejected so many times (this being he worst because I'm older and it was the first time I felt what I'd call love). XD Then it sunk in, and I realised that it did hurt.
Meet more people so that you can find somebody who does like you back :smile:!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Sorry for the double post; I don't know what happened there. XD

Original post by Fashion Girl
Meet more people so that you can find somebody who does like you back :smile:!

My friendship circle is pretty big, though. My school is all-boys, so there's no chance of me finding a girlfriend there... If there is, then I'm quite worried. :3 I don't have any major hobbies apart from gaming, and like I said before, that's not something you can go out and do with new people in public.

Also, I'm preparing for more pain... I think she's either with someone, or she likes them. If they do end up/are dating, then I guess that's the end of any shreds of hope I had for us getting together I'll just give that a few weeks and see how it turns out.
Reply 26
You're probably right. Two months isn't that long, and the pain is slowly dying down, but the first heartbreak is always the worst. Hopefully, I'll get over it and stop getting hung up over her. I laughed it off initially, though, saying I was like Brock from Pokémon because I'd been rejected so many times (this being he worst because I'm older and it was the first time I felt what I'd call love). XD Then it sunk in, and I realised that it did hurt.

Yeah, but I definitely understand it does feel much longer when you're heartbroken!
Yeah it is, it gets easier after that and it's all just life experience that you can learn from so you know when you've found the one! :P
Aw haha, Brock's hilarious :P You sound like a very sweet guy, so I don't think it'll be too long before someone reciprocates your feelings and makes you feel on top of the world. :h:
Reply 27
Original post by lalalaliv
Yeah, but I definitely understand it does feel much longer when you're heartbroken!
Yeah it is, it gets easier after that and it's all just life experience that you can learn from so you know when you've found the one! :P
Aw haha, Brock's hilarious :P You sound like a very sweet guy, so I don't think it'll be too long before someone reciprocates your feelings and makes you feel on top of the world. :h:

Thank you, so much. I just gave a really big smile when I read that post. :biggrin: You seem like a really nice person. :smile:

I'm glad that the first heartbreak is the worst, because I really can be as persistent as Brock now (meh, probably not :3). I really hope I can fall for another girl that same way... It sounds really corny, but that's the feeling that I'd associate with love. Just a shame she didn't love me back...

And as long as I don't get jabbed up the bum by a toxic frog then I'm fine. XD

Well, the good news is I found out what type of person the girl likes in that way, and I'm genuinely glad to say that she doesn't like me. I'm just sick of bad, arrogant, egocentric people having the girls fall for them - heck, even the Brock comparison proves that, because he's a nice person and he's only ever had one person show feelings back to him. :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Hahaha...the "boys school" bit :tongue: ! I'm sure you can meet more ppl. How bout people in your neighbourhood or sth ?

Aren't you being a bit melodramatic here ? So what if she likes someone...don't you think you deserve to be with someone who likes you ? You should feel happy and look at developing feelings for another girl positively...not preparing yourself for more pain :facepalm: = WTF ?

You can go gaming in groups to arcades. Can you not like expand your circle of friends that way ? Think about the possibilities...you could meet a girl who actually genuinely likes playing Need for Speed :smile: as opposed to the so obvs. totally fake ones that often sprout up sometimes :lolwut:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 29
Hahaha...the "boys school" bit :tongue: ! I'm sure you can meet more ppl. How bout people in your neighbourhood or sth ?

Aren't you being a bit melodramatic here ? So what if she likes someone...don't you think you deserve to be with someone who likes you ? You should feel happy and look at developing feelings for another girl positively...not preparing yourself for more pain :facepalm: = WTF ?

You can go gaming in groups to arcades. Can you not like expand your circle of friends that way ? Think about the possibilities...you could meet a girl who actually genuinely likes playing Need for Speed :smile: as opposed to the so obvs. totally fake ones that often sprout up sometimes :lolwut:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, I'm moving house soon (a few months away and the house isn't too far, but still), so I might be able to see some more people.

And I probably am being a bit melodramatic... It's just a bit crushing when the girl you like doesn't like you back and feels that way about a douche. But you're right, I need to open my heart and let myself fall for someone else.

There's no gaming groups around here, though (or arcades, for,that matter)... You're right, though, I do need to find someone I have more in common with, even though me and the girl who rejected me had bucket-loads in common. I've never seen a fake gamer in all of my life, though... XD
Reply 30
Just do what girls do. ACTUALLY no that's very bad advice indeed.

Just remember that time heal all wounds and it will get better as time goes on.
Reply 31
Original post by thoyub
Just do what girls do. ACTUALLY no that's very bad advice indeed.

Just remember that time heal all wounds and it will get better as time goes on.

What do you mean "do what girls do"?

And you're right, but it seems like it's going to need a lot of time...
Reply 32
What do you mean "do what girls do"?

And you're right, but it seems like it's going to need a lot of time...

Girls tend to go off the rails after heartbreak and start sleeping around and drinking heavily.
Reply 33
Original post by thoyub
Girls tend to go off the rails after heartbreak and start sleeping around and drinking heavily.

Well, I'm sleeping more heavily as of late, but I don't drink because I'm too young (and don't intend to), so you never know... I'd say that I handled it badly though, but now I've completely lost all feelings towards her. :biggrin:

It's good to know that she doesn't hate me, though, so that's not bad. She might not like me, but she doesn't hate me. :smile:
Well, I'm moving house soon (a few months away and the house isn't too far, but still), so I might be able to see some more people.

And I probably am being a bit melodramatic... It's just a bit crushing when the girl you like doesn't like you back and feels that way about a douche. But you're right, I need to open my heart and let myself fall for someone else.

There's no gaming groups around here, though (or arcades, for,that matter)... You're right, though, I do need to find someone I have more in common with, even though me and the girl who rejected me had bucket-loads in common. I've never seen a fake gamer in all of my life, though... XD

Awh aren't you loyal mate :tongue: ? I was just going for some tough love there, with the whole melodramatic thing!

Are you open to meeting ppl online ? You could find more ppl you have a lot in common with you that way without the presence of any arcades in your town :smile: !

You can also pair up with ppl in online gaming :yy: !

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 35
Awh aren't you loyal mate :tongue: ? I was just going for some tough love there, with the whole melodramatic thing!

Are you open to meeting ppl online ? You could find more ppl you have a lot in common with you that way without the presence of any arcades in your town :smile: !

You can also pair up with ppl in online gaming :yy: !

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sure hope I'm loyal. XD And don't worry about it, I know I can be a bit melodramatic sometimes, but I do it a lot less now than I did years ago (it caused some of my worst memories in primary school).

I think I'd be open to meeting people online, sure. As long as they don't live hours and hours away, I'm practically open to meeting people anywhere (apart from those places, if you have a dirty mind :P). I'm way more confident around people online than in the flesh... I don't really know why. :smile:

Online gaming sounds good; I just need to get a PC that isn't an almost-6-year-old Windows Vista one, which I can imagine will be within the next couple of years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending