The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5300
Original post by Glitch96
How on earth does anyone find out the existence of popular/new anime? Is there a recommended site? I just recently got into anime.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mainly through My Anime List (MAL), Crunchyroll and AMVs on YouTube :smile:
Reply 5301
These Chimera ants.:s: And yet HxH somehow looked to me like a nice delightful series once upon a time.

HxH needs some kind of project yewtree..

Spoiler

Reply 5302
This week's episode of Watamote was just soul crushing :redface: Took me like double the time to watch this ep as I kept having to pause from second-hand embarrassment for Tomoki :sad:
*does a quick search for posts that weren't replied to while he was away*

Original post by ioNonSono
Hey Otaku,

Could anyone suggest an Anime similar to GTO, School Rumble. Basically an epic ecchi comedy :smile: ?!

I watched School Rumble this weekend, and wouldn't call it ecchi. :p: Still, here's a few to consider. :smile:

B Gata H Kei

Love Hina

Gokusen

Hatsukoi Limited

Tenshi na Konamaiki
Original post by Naami
This week's episode of Watamote was just soul crushing :redface: Took me like double the time to watch this ep as I kept having to pause from second-hand embarrassment for Tomoki :sad:

Same :biggrin: Sometimes Watamote is so cringey it's difficult to watch, but it's still too funny to drop as a series. :smile:
Reply 5305
Original post by Dr Tenacious
Yeah, I found it a bit boring too. But it gets better after Rider gets involved in the story. The end was kind of confusing but it was much better than Zero.

I will probably finish it later on but holding it off for now.

Original post by AngryJellyfish
No problem. :smile:

Fate/Zero ending spoilers:

Spoiler

I don't know whether you saw the link last time I posted it, but ufotable (the animation studio that made Fate/Zero) are working on some sort of Fate/Stay Night project. No idea whether it'll be a movie, OVA or TV series, or whether it'll be a full remake, but hopefully whatever it is will be more coherent than Studio DEEN's Fate/Stay Night. There's a reason I didn't suggest you watch that first, it isn't brilliant. :no:

Spoiler

That sounds really interesting! I wonder if a remake would level up to Fate Zero although so far I don't think the characters or sub-plots in Fate Night are as good as Zero's. But that sounds good :-)
Reply 5306
Original post by porridgeandrhi
Same :biggrin: Sometimes Watamote is so cringey it's difficult to watch, but it's still too funny to drop as a series. :smile:

Haha I know, I just feel so bad for Tomoki I just want to give her a hug :hugs: I hope she does becomes better, but seeing as it's only a 12 episode series I don't think there's any chance of major character development. Ahh I'm still in for the laughs though!
I swear the ad breaks/eyecatches in Mushibugyou get later every week. :hmmmm2: This time, it was 20 minutes and 40 seconds into a 23 minute episode... excluding the ED and next ep preview, the second 'half' was about 50 seconds long. :lolwut: Suppose it avoids interrupting the battle scenes.
(edited 10 years ago)
Guys, I am thinking of getting an anime canvas for my place when at uni. Have to admit I have always wanted one. =P

Which anime canvas would you get if you could have one (if you want one) and which image/art would you get?
I am thinking of choosing something from that art book from the limited edition release of Blue Exorcist. :excited:
ZOMG, episode 57 of Hikaru No Go is so intense! XD
Reply 5310
Where are you planning to buy your canvas from Science? I've been wanting to get some posters myself, but Amazon seems to be only filled with fabric wall scrolls and not the usual posters. I only used to get my posters from cons before.
Original post by Naami
Where are you planning to buy your canvas from Science? I've been wanting to get some posters myself, but Amazon seems to be only filled with fabric wall scrolls and not the usual posters. I only used to get my posters from cons before.

I was thinking here;
http://www.yourperfectcanvas.com/create-canvas1.php
Reply 5312
Original post by Scienceisgood
Guys, I am thinking of getting an anime canvas for my place when at uni. Have to admit I have always wanted one. =P

Which anime canvas would you get if you could have one (if you want one) and which image/art would you get?
I am thinking of choosing something from that art book from the limited edition release of Blue Exorcist. :excited:

Plenty of artists, professional and not, sell prints of their work. The majority can be found on Pixiv and Drawr. Better than using published work that's not intended for large print or marketing posters. Depends what you want, though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5313
The weekend is upon us and that can only mean one thing, anime time! :tongue:

Does anyone have any anime recommendations that preferably I haven't seen yet? I'll be following my weeklies as usual. You can find out what I've seen by clicking on the image in my signature. Thanks in advance. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Thanks Aiko, although, the stuff I am more looking for is this kinda stuff, the art is so awesome! XD

Spoiler

EDIT:
Don't know why last pic didn't appear in spoiler...
(edited 10 years ago)
Just wondering but, does anyone think it is possible to send something to Japan to get the author to sign the work and send it back to you?
If I had any printed art, it would be of Kyo when he's angry w/ cat ears. It's so adorable!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5317
Original post by It'sNotMyFaultx
If I had any printed art, it would be of Kyo when he's angry w/ cat ears. It's so adorable!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kyo is just :love: I really want a plush of him in his cat form >.<
Original post by Aiko
anime... I haven't seen yet

:zomg: Erm, I'll try my best! :redface:

There's a lot of movies and OVAs I liked that you haven't seen - El Hazard (a classic), a few of the Rumic World OVAs (Fire Tripper, Maris the Chojo, Laughing Target etc), Windaria (similar in feel to a Ghibli movie... but darker than most), maybe Dallos (supposedly the first OVA; it had great potential, but the ending wasn't fantastic).

As for TV series suggestions, I'll have to get back to you - A-P's compare list function is ridiculously slow, and my lunch break just ended. :p:
Reply 5319
Original post by Scienceisgood
Just wondering but, does anyone think it is possible to send something to Japan to get the author to sign the work and send it back to you?

That seems unlikely. At best you could get hold of pre signed prints maybe. Other than that, flying over there and going to a signing event would probably be the next best thing.

Latest