The Student Room Group

Gcse spanish aqa reading/listening 17 may 2013!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joe7
How did everyone do? I had a quick chat with the Deputy Head of my school after getting my results, and he told me that the Spanish writing grades in our school had all been reduced greatly from what they were predicted to be. A couple of my friends did a lot worse than they were expecting in the Writing, some even achieving C's and D's when they were predicted to achieve A's. Did anyone else experience this?

Yeah I worked out I needed full marks in my listening and reading to get an A*. I got those full marks but my writing was moved down to a B wtf! This happened in my geography coursework aswell! AQA moderation cheated me out of 2A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
My geography was worse I was told I got 57/60 around 95 ums and it got moderated down to 71 (a low B). However some who got a low A* were lowered to a C! Disgraceful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HugeBicepLAD
Yeah I worked out I needed full marks in my listening and reading to get an A*. I got those full marks but my writing was moved down to a B wtf! This happened in my geography coursework aswell! AQA moderation cheated me out of 2A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought I had only just scraped an A in the Listening, but fortunately I got an A* in the Listening and full UMS in the Reading. I got a strong A* in the Speaking as well, which thankfully meant I only needed a low mark in the Writing to get an A*. I re-did all my Writing's near the end of the year as I was worried the marking was going to be overly stringent, so thankfully although I was predicted 30/30 in both of my submitted pieces of work, I got only slightly lower than my predictions and still got an A* in the Writing.
Reply 243

Posted from TSR Mobile
My writing and speaking were alright (A i think - 80 and 79) but my listening and reading ruind it for me (B in Reading and C in listening :frown: ). But originally those writing and speaking results were both FULL MARKS. I actually could have gotten an A* instead of an A. AQA, if your reading this, then SCREW YOU!
300 ums FULL marks SN say nthing bunn da hater soy el mejor ennit
Original post by theJdog
My writing and speaking were alright (A i think - 80 and 79) but my listening and reading ruind it for me (B in Reading and C in listening :frown: ). But originally those writing and speaking results were both FULL MARKS. I actually could have gotten an A* instead of an A. AQA, if your reading this, then SCREW YOU!

unlucky m8 but difference between A* and A is nothing realy its just for people to brag saying they got 299 A* ennit
Reply 246
Original post by Joe7
How did everyone do? I had a quick chat with the Deputy Head of my school after getting my results, and he told me that the Spanish writing grades in our school had all been reduced greatly from what they were predicted to be. A couple of my friends did a lot worse than they were expecting in the Writing, some even achieving C's and D's when they were predicted to achieve A's. Did anyone else experience this?

Fortunately my school made us work really hard on the controlled assessments so that we were almost guaranteed high marks there. Btw how do you guys all know your breakdown and what u got in each section?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 247
Does anyone know what 46953 and 46954 stand for? I
Reply 248
Original post by chatty
Does anyone know what 46953 and 46954 stand for? I

that's the gcse number for something like how spanish aqa is 4695 e.g.
Original post by Joel5001
Fortunately my school made us work really hard on the controlled assessments so that we were almost guaranteed high marks there. Btw how do you guys all know your breakdown and what u got in each section?

Posted from TSR Mobile

On my results sheet it said the final grade at the top then listed the grade for each individual unit with the UMS score accompanying it. I converted the UMS scores online to find out what I scored in each unit.
Reply 250
Original post by Joe7
On my results sheet it said the final grade at the top then listed the grade for each individual unit with the UMS score accompanying it. I converted the UMS scores online to find out what I scored in each unit.

My results sheet just had my grade and overall UMS. Does anyone know how I could find out my scores in each individual unit?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 251
I don't understand how when I did my Controlled Assessments for Writing, I got A*s or As from my teacher, but in the Unit 4 (writing) in my results sheet - I just managed to get a C?

It brought my overall grade down from an A* to an A (all other units were at A*).
Original post by Joel5001
My results sheet just had my grade and overall UMS. Does anyone know how I could find out my scores in each individual unit?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go to your Spanish teacher and he/she should be able to tell you your mark and UMS score for each individual unit.

Original post by NikolaT
I don't understand how when I did my Controlled Assessments for Writing, I got A*s or As from my teacher, but in the Unit 4 (writing) in my results sheet - I just managed to get a C?

It brought my overall grade down from an A* to an A (all other units were at A*).

Many other people I know have fallen into the same boat as you. AQA have obviously tightened up the marking for the Spanish Writing's which has led many to receive a score a whole two grades under their predicted grade in the Writing coursework.
I did edexcel and got an A overall!
However my writing says I got a C when 2 different teachers each have me an A*?
I'm very confused on what has happened? What should I do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm in the same boat as you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 255
Original post by Little ginger
I'm in the same boat as you

Posted from TSR Mobile

So am I. I got A* in the exams but I seem to have got a B in the CA which I am really unhappy about. Would you ask your teacher for a breakdown on each CA sent to the examiners?
Reply 256
Does anyone know if people were marked down on the CA orals which was unit 3? I got a B for that when I thought they were of an A grade standard.
Original post by chatty
Does anyone know if people were marked down on the CA orals which was unit 3? I got a B for that when I thought they were of an A grade standard.

Yeah I was

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't believe that my writing could go from and A* standard to a C
I am definitely going to talk with my teachers x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 259

Has anyone heard whether it the grades were moderated for individuals or for the school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending